My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I have better luck with Party mix too but a couple of my cats had trouble with them. May just be an individual digestive problem. I now limit treats to times of desperate measures. Even then in very small quantities. As a normal treat I give home made kitty foods That gives me total control over what goes into them. Boiled turkey or chicked minced with a little rice. Sometimes a little extra something tossed in. They love it.

My post update is just some photos of the babies tonight. Just for s’mores small smiles.

Is that the brush?
EEE72D99-70D7-4C66-B69F-A40162CE6FA7.jpeg

Yes!
07D61AB9-2BEC-423B-B538-EBFCA503AA56.jpeg

Feels so good to a kitty!
2FED1F2F-F87B-4FEC-BD30-24ED7862F69B.jpeg

Best kind of kitty head bump!
819DEB1D-D260-4464-B2C3-8E4BA532796F.jpeg

With brush still against him I start to move in with my fingers.
440560BF-E0CA-49CB-9D15-3ECA855B4F35.jpeg

Little does he know , it’s all me doing the scratching now. Sneaky Mom.
017D684D-D528-4027-95E8-1DF83FEB663A.jpeg

Goonnight! ;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I have better luck with Party mix too but a couple of my cats had trouble with them. May just be an individual digestive problem. I now limit treats to times of desperate measures. Even then in very small quantities. As a normal treat I give home made kitty foods That gives me total control over what goes into them. Boiled turkey or chicked minced with a little rice. Sometimes a little extra something tossed in. They love it.

My post update is just some photos of the babies tonight. Just for s’mores small smiles.

Is that the brush? View attachment 259083
Yes! View attachment 259084
View attachment 259085
View attachment 259086
View attachment 259087
View attachment 259088
Goonnight! ;)
They come to us so wild, but never free,
Although perhaps they think that they might be;
We know the truth - fear shackles every Heart
Until Love comes, and breaks the chains apart.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is that the brush? View attachment 259083
Yes! View attachment 259084
View attachment 259085
View attachment 259086
View attachment 259087
View attachment 259088
Goonnight! ;)
This is wonderful! Who can resist the brush?

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , such moving words and so true.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
surya surya I might be able to get them adopted here. Where are they now?
They are some of my colony cats outside my apartment here in Houston, Tx. The tuxedo cat is very friendly and follows me around. The all black one would need some work to be adoptable. But he gets along with other cats well. All the girl cats hang with him.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
surya surya Let me do some figuring on this. Possible I might have a contact closer but slim chance. Transport to here would be difficult. I have no problem working with them, logistics are the issue. An you sneak them inside through the upcoming holiday?
It would be great if you could help any of the kitties. I think they would cry all night if I put them in the bathroom and the neighbors may get upset.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
surya surya Do you know anything about the shelter systems near you? Good, bad, kill, full, adoption rates, private groups?
Yes, the no kill shelters are always full. There are good rescue groups here, but too many kitties to help. They rescue lady I have worked with has helped all the kitties here that she could and were considered adoptable. She still has some of the kittens I rescued and adoptions have slowed down. I had to quit trapping because I was bringing in more than she could handle. Several of my colony cats could be adoptable with a little bit of work, but there are no fosters. They are always asking for fosters for the kittens and they cant's get enough for kittens. There's no one who takes in adult cats unless they are tame. But it's very hard to find a foster even for a tame adult cat. I have had many kittens come through my bedroom and bathroom, but I only do it short term, I risk getting evicted. I have too many cats already.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you for sharing that link on this thread. I really appreciate that. I am also glad to see that there some published information about Temptations. Normally I do not feed those to my cats but I needed an irresistible bait to lure BJ in. Now that I have BJ willing to respond to me and eating he will not receive any more. I have also found the long-term feeding of those treats to my cats results in my cat getting sick. I have not tried the treats you mentioned but I will look for those. Thank you for the help!
Good on ya, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! They would be excellent for luring. That's a very wise way to use them.
You can get the treats we like at drsfostersmith.com and nowhere else. They deliver to your door, and shipping is free over $19. They also have very convenient auto-delivery of products you want on a regular basis, and very nice discounts for everything you choose to enroll in this program.
surya surya What gorgeous cats! *PRAYERS* for them to be safe, cared for and loved always!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
surya surya I never seem to be able to get a pm through to you. I want to discuss this further. Can you pm me? I have taken a look at the shelters there and see that a lot of animals are being moved to other cities to make room for high risk animals left by the storm. I kind of need more exacting information. Houston is s big place. If I were able to find a spot for two cats, we still face a problem with getting them here. I cannot come to get them. Any ideas? Do you have any paperwork on Spay/ neuter etc. I have not been taking in cats from anywhere but the woods right here so this would be an exception. I do understand that the upcoming holiday puts these cats at high risk. The same is true here and I still looking for the black cat I spotted a few days ago. Please let me know if you have a solution for transport. A pm might be best when discussing your exact location and mine.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
surya surya I never seem to be able to get a pm through to you. I want to discuss this further. Can you pm me? I have taken a look at the shelters there and see that a lot of animals are being moved to other cities to make room for high risk animals left by the storm. I kind of need more exacting information. Houston is s big place. If I were able to find a spot for two cats, we still face a problem with getting them here. I cannot come to get them. Any ideas? Do you have any paperwork on Spay/ neuter etc. I have not been taking in cats from anywhere but the woods right here so this would be an exception. I do understand that the upcoming holiday puts these cats at high risk. The same is true here and I still looking for the black cat I spotted a few days ago. Please let me know if you have a solution for transport. A pm might be best when discussing your exact location and mine.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Butting in unasked, yet again: Best Friends now has boots on the ground in Houston in their shelter system. You might want to peruse their site bestfriends.org and look at their Houston operation and maybe even shoot them an email. Just a suggestion.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
surya surya tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
I have contacted best friends and await a response. Going to keep working. Be back.
Norachan Norachan I wish you were here too! I tired to get that link but cannot.
Anyone reading this with an idea , please send it! This rescue needs to happen quickly. The area is high risk! Transport, foster, adoption any resource at all. I will keep trying but this area has been hit hard with storm rescues.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan Thank you! I have posted to them to see what help may be available. I am putting feelers out to all the resources I have to see if we can help surya surya to save her beautiful rescues or transport them. We must do it carefully. I will relay what I learn back to surya and see what we can do.
I actually spoke to the Galaxy people before I posted on TCS. Lol I called everywhere I could to find help for these cats! No stone left unturned! They did offer some tips. It would be great if they came here. It might open the eyes of those around me to all that these the cats have to offer. So many here fail to understand the amazing intelligence and beauty of the cats and that they can be as much like family as any other creature. They would certainly pay attention to Jackson Galaxy being in the neighborhood! ( my neighbors, cats too though!)
I have some very nice updates for you on BJ. He has decided to venture through his room. He was very bold today and he calls me regularly. He is a good kitty son. He has not scratched or bitten at all! He is still alerting me to any movement outside. All my cats are aware of almost everything but he is hypersensitive. My watch cat! He is eating better and tonight allowed me to put the food on the floor, under the bed, rather than holding his fish or serving him on a tabletop. Petting is now allowed without first going through a hissing fit or my sneaking my hand in. I think the brush got him hooked.
I am really laughing at the way BJ searched for me. He is in a room adjacent to my main living area. His room used to be a porch and has windows that he can use to look inside the rest of the house. I got a couple of pictures of BJ scanning the house to find me. This kitty is already demonstrating a wonderful personality.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I’ll let you know if I get a response! Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you! I hope it works! Beautiful black kitties! Surya does some amazing rescues and goes through a lot to accomplish them.

Our smiles tonight come from Bj.

We have discovered that food tastes better if you don’t have to guard it.
C80DD958-010C-4C87-BDFB-442689E81FB2.jpeg

We still watch outside...

AA594674-9438-4B94-BE6A-8BB0C26426D4.jpeg

Anything moving out there ?
A7ECA595-08AB-46AB-9237-8423F7A60A64.jpeg

Petting is good
9BBB74F1-7989-4519-B1B8-D046B279AEB6.jpeg

If you look up at Mom ....
9C36DA9A-E48C-4EBA-87AC-4918AE7A44EA.jpeg

She’ll pet you some more!
13DB44C7-626E-46FC-9704-D5F0FB908DC9.jpeg

A cat can look through this screen and yell.....
C3BB2CD6-6348-44D4-8128-F23F4969FC5D.jpeg

And before you know it , you see Mom! If you yell then.......
12C18B64-C887-43CD-9492-CEE0FEDEFC86.jpeg

You can get her to come back to talk.
C3A01F4E-B0D4-4CF7-94AB-C7114C329B01.jpeg

She will sing too!
ACBBA576-4C5A-4289-B472-D2EDD44115CB.jpeg

Cats enjoy singing too!
D3D9016B-78DE-4D47-8B5E-D74E0F096E97.jpeg

I am so glad that I got shut in a room with my feral cat! He didn’t eat me and is a wonderful fellow!
Goodnight everyone!
May we have good fortune for others tomorrow. Especially black cats and the people who love them.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be great if they came here. It might open the eyes of those around me to all that these the cats have to offer.
Jcatbird Jcatbird - If you can open the eyes and the Heart of a single person, you've done great work.

It appears that BJ will be one of those great cats. All cats are good, but now and then, one comes along who stands above the rest. I've known six of those in sixty years - a pretty good average, I think.

So many here fail to understand the amazing intelligence and beauty of the cats and that they can be as much like family as any other creature.
In my experience, cats have been Family - real Family - where most relatives have merely been a collection of Humans so self-involved that they see nothing.

Family? I've none left now - but I'd still rather have my cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.