My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
My update for tonight is simple. The cats took good care of me today. They did a the chores and allowed me to play sick. Thank you kitties!
Where do we start cleaning this place?
View attachment 260029
You want me to clean what? Toilets?
View attachment 260030
I call dibs on making the beds.
View attachment 260031
I’m checking for dust bunnies.
View attachment 260032
I’m not gonna mop guys! That involves getting my paws wet.
View attachment 260033
I’m up guys! Really I am.
View attachment 260034
Did she just ask us to do litter boxes?
View attachment 260035
Yes! She told you boys to clean the litter boxes! Good call Mom. Love youuu!
View attachment 260036
I’m trying to pick stuff up! Give me a minute!
View attachment 260037
I know you’re hungry and need a knife to cut your meat but if you’ll be patient, I’m sharpening my claws to cut it for you!
View attachment 260038
Not that I don’t want to help but...what is furniture polish?
View attachment 260039
Yes, I’m helping. Someone has to guard the door.View attachment 260040
Housework is why I lived in the woods.
View attachment 260041
I’m done sweeping. Just putting the broom away.
View attachment 260042
Yes, I’m sure I fed everyone. No, I didn’t lick off every plate!
View attachment 260043
She licked off of my plate!
View attachment 260044
You do know it’s Halloween......
View attachment 260045
Did you expect us to work today too?
View attachment 260046
Mooooooum! It’s our day off!
View attachment 260047
Don’t look at me! I’m your holiday pumpkin.
View attachment 260048
And that is how the kitties took care of me today. There is one last cat you should see.........

Have you met my Siamese?

My daughter Sarah age 5
View attachment 260053
She even had the blue eyes.
View attachment 260052
She loved everything about being a cat.....
View attachment 260054
Right down to the cat nap.
View attachment 260051
Happy Holiday everyone! I hope you can nap like a cat tonight.:heartshape:
:grouphug: :clap::clap2::heartshape::happycat::purr::bigeyes::vibes::vibes::hugs::hearthrob::rbheart::redheartpump::hugs::touched::wave2:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got notified that a Mom kitty with newborns needs rescuing from the same shelter posted about on a TCS thread before. If anyone could foster them it would be lifesaving. Information can be found on Facebook at Urgent Cats of Tift County Animal Shelter. There is a photo of the Mom and babies. Being a rescuer is a great thing. The only down side is NOT being able to take them all in.

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 228566 View attachment 228565 I have 7 at home, all rescues. Henry is our latest as seen here.
There is Dolly, a red tabby, Molly who came to us when the ups driver opened his truck to deliver a package, spunky who is our skizoid baby. Then we have three in the basement garage left from the eleven we tnr’d and adopted out. They are sweety, Morty and tigger. I’ve enclosed a pic of Dolly at rest. We live in a rural area where farmers don’t s/p their barn cats so the population spills over to our house.

You wanted a story. We used to live in deep east Texas right on the Louisiana line. My daughter, who was about 13 (marrin age) was with us when we were unloading stuff. We had not been there 10 minutes and this boy shows up. He’s a junior in the local high school . My daughter has this rescue cat and she was petting it at the time. So making conversation he said “what that cats name?” She told him Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart but wolfy for short. He thought for a moment, knowing he had to impress the parents, and said “say, wasn’t that a real person?”.
That gave us a hint of what she might be in for so...After he left I told her she couldn’t date anyone whose first name was initials like BJ or anybody named after an animal like “Bear” or”Snake”.
You got 7! And I thought I had trouble with 5.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scat Man Scat Man I love your ID ! You have 5? Hmmmm. Can I interest you in a few more? If you ever feel tired with five I can refer you to a few people who might be able to make you feel better.
Curious? I think if you keep reading here you will probably start laughing. Maybe just shaking your head. Lol
There are other members here who might surprise you too.
I’d love to hear about your kitties. I think it’s awesome you have five!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scat Man Scat Man I love your ID ! You have 5? Hmmmm. Can I interest you in a few more? If you ever feel tired with five I can refer you to a few people who might be able to make you feel better.
Curious? I think if you keep reading here you will probably start laughing. Maybe just shaking your head. Lol
:flail::flail::flail: That is hilarious!! Seriously, though, I would love to see pictures of ScatMan's crew, too. :camera: :gingercat::clapcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Isn’t it great how the cats pitched in to do my chores?!?!?!? If only I had known sooner that they could do that. They’ve been holding out on me! Nobody would wash the dishes though. I guess because of the sink full of water. Lol

catsknowme catsknowme I am hoping we will see pictures of them. I always love seeing the kitties people write in about. Bet they are great!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Five people with 135 cats? That is so fantastic! If they all got together it would be quite a party! I’d like to see a group photo of that. Lol A kitty collage.
Thanks for saying that about my memory but you’re not that much older. :)

I had planned to write something entirely different tonight but once again, BJ takes the spotlight. I’ll table my previous idea for another time.

This morning BJ decided to punch me. Yes! He packs quite a punch. I didn’t feel to bad about it though because he kept his claws in. That showed restraint on his part. The last time he swiped me he used his claws so I saw the punch this morning as progress. New cat family members often give a swipe if something new has bothered them. I thought little of it until tonight. We had a lot of noise outside last night. My assumption was that it was due to the holiday. This morning I was awakened by loud music. Irritating but not alarming. Then this afternoon the music, if you can call the boom boom of bass shaking the windows music, began again. It was so loud I went outside to determine where it was coming from. It was the Grandson of my next door neighbor. It appeared that the neighbors were not home but Grandson was visiting. My neighbors don’t like the music either so I determined that when the cat’s away, the mice will play. I spent some time outside, “ doing chores”. Eventually the Gransin spotted me and turned down the volume of his car stereo. I came back inside but soon after I did the booming began again. Obviously he knew that it was to loud but didn’t care if it disturbed the neighbors. I had to go on with my day and try to ignore it. Unfortunately BJ was very upset by it. By supper time he was very nervous. When I went to feed him he .....
As I am writing this the music has started again! :frustrated:
As I was saying, at supper BJ was in hiding. This is a setback. I called him out and he came but he kept staring at the door. I looked out but saw nothing. I talked to him and petted him. Then I sat down and put his plate in my lap. He ate only a few bites before walking away. I stayed and talked to him. He came back out so I got the brush out but before I could move to brush him he nailed me. Claws out! I told him no and just turned my back to him. This worked. He understood and laid down behind me. For awhile he twitched his tail but finally relaxed. When he did I stood up. He ran over and began rubbing against my legs and meowing. I took a step to leave the room and he began rubbing against me frantically and rearing his front paws like a pony.i got the message. He did not want me to leave. I faced the exterior door and he stared at it. Something outside had scared him. I went and covered the glass with my back. He laid down and started making biscuits on the floor. I got some curtains and covered the glass. He began to purr. I stayed with him then until he ate and I made sure he was calm again before leaving the room. I can only guess that the music had scared him earlier because I saw nothing outside. I had spotted the black cat but it was not by the door.( I did put food out to see if I can catch it)
I just went back out to see if the music is bothering BJ and he does seem uneasy again. Poor BJ. I will be talking to my neighbor. Bj rubbed back and forth on my legs again. I will be BJ sitting tonight I guess. I don’t want him to be alone in a room and scared. I am glad he understands that he can come to me. The pictures of him scent marking and loving on me are priceless. He’s a great cat!

Hiding!
3EEFE700-BA6F-4B68-B5EA-12B2FDFAC18C.jpeg

You want me to come out?
C4835C0D-0654-4CC3-9B36-DBC92CC2E275.jpeg

Supper? Okay....
B9A2FB87-6B4F-4A1D-91D3-7395DB7CE3C7.jpeg

It’s good but .....
68D0D281-3D9C-409C-BEFA-CAB8D45F76CF.jpeg

Did you hear something?
A558E2E1-4680-4D12-8BAE-7744CF6CD1EB.jpeg

Mom should pay attention.
C9421A90-C227-4FF3-A9E7-D8E28A9330E4.jpeg

A cat swipe tells Mom to listen to cat body language.
0113A43B-EDE5-42AC-BE87-988121494ABE.jpeg

Okay... cats should not hit Mom.
2B7AE814-65AA-4D79-94A2-CF258CBAE04C.jpeg

Cat understands Mom says no hitting.
3C19023F-D9ED-406D-8696-260CF448EA6B.jpeg

Cat comes to get Mom
A94785F0-F70E-4F5D-B3AF-3E7F170B73C8.jpeg

He wants her to see .....
D9BE20EB-3AB2-4D32-9AE1-FAC30AD43E4A.jpeg

Look outside....
BF9C1381-0D37-4485-8170-7677122D30E5.jpeg

Something out there isn’t like it should be!
292F374C-A35A-462D-BEC2-6E2B0294235C.jpeg

Does Mom understand?
4B6E2FB4-3C4B-41A6-B34B-B351D49724DC.jpeg

That direction Mom
E6991966-4578-43A8-B618-7C1790562FCB.jpeg

Cat is trying to show Mom!
DD361ED5-A91F-4980-8E47-EFC30FC941D8.jpeg

Cat sees that Mom is paying attention.
E6636012-5274-484A-8191-B556ED0E721E.jpeg

She sees the door!
EE3B9C3F-1A17-463C-896A-1C40FB4B935E.jpeg

Cat rewards Mom for guarding the kitty!
0C0D0D05-2C5B-4ADB-834A-10378D59618E.jpeg

Cat pets Mom....
656E84C9-271F-46AA-9C9B-550008ADDEC1.jpeg

Rubs against Mom to thank her for covering the glass in the door...
87297092-C169-44DA-84CE-F1D1AC6BAD27.jpeg

And shows Mom his loving face.
41C3387F-17FD-4143-A89A-6196C6F29C0C.jpeg

And BJ finally relaxes. Bed time! Good night everyone!
616654D1-B7F9-431B-B7C7-430680E82F98.jpeg

Safe inside.

Attachments

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No! I don't want anymore! I have a feral that I found last Friday and cannot get anyone to take him! Thats the 5th one....Looks like I am stuck with him...

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Isn’t it great how the cats pitched in to do my chores?!?!?!? If only I had known sooner that they could do that. They’ve been holding out on me! Nobody would wash the dishes though. I guess because of the sink full of water. Lol

catsknowme catsknowme I am hoping we will see pictures of them. I always love seeing the kitties people write in about. Bet they are great!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Five people with 135 cats? That is so fantastic! If they all got together it would be quite a party! I’d like to see a group photo of that. Lol A kitty collage.
Thanks for saying that about my memory but you’re not that much older. :)

I had planned to write something entirely different tonight but once again, BJ takes the spotlight. I’ll table my previous idea for another time.

This morning BJ decided to punch me. Yes! He packs quite a punch. I didn’t feel to bad about it though because he kept his claws in. That showed restraint on his part. The last time he swiped me he used his claws so I saw the punch this morning as progress. New cat family members often give a swipe if something new has bothered them. I thought little of it until tonight. We had a lot of noise outside last night. My assumption was that it was due to the holiday. This morning I was awakened by loud music. Irritating but not alarming. Then this afternoon the music, if you can call the boom boom of bass shaking the windows music, began again. It was so loud I went outside to determine where it was coming from. It was the Grandson of my next door neighbor. It appeared that the neighbors were not home but Grandson was visiting. My neighbors don’t like the music either so I determined that when the cat’s away, the mice will play. I spent some time outside, “ doing chores”. Eventually the Gransin spotted me and turned down the volume of his car stereo. I came back inside but soon after I did the booming began again. Obviously he knew that it was to loud but didn’t care if it disturbed the neighbors. I had to go on with my day and try to ignore it. Unfortunately BJ was very upset by it. By supper time he was very nervous. When I went to feed him he .....
As I am writing this the music has started again! :frustrated:
As I was saying, at supper BJ was in hiding. This is a setback. I called him out and he came but he kept staring at the door. I looked out but saw nothing. I talked to him and petted him. Then I sat down and put his plate in my lap. He ate only a few bites before walking away. I stayed and talked to him. He came back out so I got the brush out but before I could move to brush him he nailed me. Claws out! I told him no and just turned my back to him. This worked. He understood and laid down behind me. For awhile he twitched his tail but finally relaxed. When he did I stood up. He ran over and began rubbing against my legs and meowing. I took a step to leave the room and he began rubbing against me frantically and rearing his front paws like a pony.i got the message. He did not want me to leave. I faced the exterior door and he stared at it. Something outside had scared him. I went and covered the glass with my back. He laid down and started making biscuits on the floor. I got some curtains and covered the glass. He began to purr. I stayed with him then until he ate and I made sure he was calm again before leaving the room. I can only guess that the music had scared him earlier because I saw nothing outside. I had spotted the black cat but it was not by the door.( I did put food out to see if I can catch it)
I just went back out to see if the music is bothering BJ and he does seem uneasy again. Poor BJ. I will be talking to my neighbor. Bj rubbed back and forth on my legs again. I will be BJ sitting tonight I guess. I don’t want him to be alone in a room and scared. I am glad he understands that he can come to me. The pictures of him scent marking and loving on me are priceless. He’s a great cat!

Hiding!
View attachment 260231
You want me to come out?
View attachment 260230
Supper? Okay....
View attachment 260229
It’s good but .....
View attachment 260228
Did you hear something?
View attachment 260232
Mom should pay attention.
View attachment 260233
A cat swipe tells Mom to listen to cat body language.
View attachment 260234
Okay... cats should not hit Mom.
View attachment 260237
Cat understands Mom says no hitting.
View attachment 260238
Cat comes to get MomView attachment 260242
He wants her to see .....View attachment 260241
Look outside....View attachment 260239
Something out there isn’t like it should be!View attachment 260240
Does Mom understand? View attachment 260243
That direction MomView attachment 260244
Cat is trying to show Mom!
View attachment 260245
Cat sees that Mom is paying attention.
View attachment 260247
She sees the door!
View attachment 260248
Cat rewards Mom for guarding the kitty!View attachment 260249
Cat pets Mom....
View attachment 260250
Rubs against Mom to thank her for covering the glass in the door...
View attachment 260251
And shows Mom his loving face.
View attachment 260252
And BJ finally relaxes. Bed time! Good night everyone!View attachment 260254
Safe inside.
:vibes::vibes::hangin: Dear brave BJ. So glad he is realizing that you will not let anything get him. Stay safe :cheerleader::heartshape:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor BJ! The sounds of the modern bass system sounds like thunder and as an outside survivor of severe weather storms, the flashbacks must be nerve wracking for him. :cloudy:
I love how you explain, moment by moment, the nonverbal language - very educational and VERY useful! :agree:
As for how powerful the booming bass is - I live near a highway & can hear it from a long ways off. I crank up my bass for nightdriving & it alerts the animals that I am approaching. :fear:It seems to work better than the "deer whistles" on the bumper (some of the newer bumpers lack an edge to mount a deer whistle, anyway).

apparatchic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I just want to say that I follow this thread and look forward to your updates on BJ so much - he is such a sweetheart, so beautiful and I am so glad he has you looking out for him! I'm sure the music with the heavy bass was alarming but hopefully the grandson gets his act together. What a tool. As for your other kitties - what great helpers, just like the Cinderella mice! They are so cute.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jcatbird Jcatbird - You're in Georgia, I'm in New York, and that leaves Japan, California and the Badlands. We can have the outing at a central location - New Zealand.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scat Man Scat Man Can any of us do anything to help? I know caring for a lot of cats can be really hard. I have certainly had my moments. I am glad you are helping that feral but If you need any info or if anyone can try to find a rescue group near you, we would all try to offer you a hand. I know it isn’t easy to find help but TCS is a great resource. People here care. This is a good spot to speak out. Wishing all the best.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Thank you. Bj does understand I will protect him. I feel that is why he followed me here that night. I honestly think that if anyone challenged me around him, they might regret it. He has claimed this place and me as belonging to him. I think he would be a dangerous adversary. This is a very large and powerful cat. I have been swatted by many cats over the years but he hits like a baseball bat with nails! Just the hit itself leaves a bruise. I have not been able to pick him up yet but I know he is a heavy boy. Cats will attack to defend their human just as a dog would. I have seen it happen. He is our watch cat already. We will protect each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.