My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some very good news today! The Cat Cafe is opening back up! Donations and fostering kept the business going! All the kitties made it through the shut down and will be back in their home again as well as being up for a purrmanent home. The way the cafe is run will be a bit different for now but they are taking reservations for visits again! A cat named Figaro is posted on their website and is inviting visitors to return to play. Human food will not be offered again yet but the most important part, kitty love is there! The cat room will be cleaned between visitors and the cat toys will be in constant rotation. Masks will be provided as well as supervised cleaning stations for the visitors. I am so relieved that the Cafe is continuing. I’ll be notifying everyone I can to spread the word. :bunnydance::woo::woohoo::jump::jive: I hope this signals the reopening of many cat shelters and services!

I have been trying to do chores left handed today. It worked pretty well. I took time between chores to use a heating pad too. As long as I don’t reach up, to the right, to the left or down, I’m fine.:lol: Upright and walking around is purrfect. Laying down, not so much. I feel a bit like this flower spike on the Canna, bright but leaning with the weight. View attachment 334572
I found that a new baby bird has joined the world! After hatching, mom bird cast the shell far from the nest. It’s a pretty shell. White with brown polka dots.
View attachment 334573
Banjo and Muffin are continuing the race for the spot next to me.
View attachment 334574
It’s mine and I know how to keep it.
View attachment 334575
Keep working mom. Muffin won’t bother us.
View attachment 334576
Is Banjo talking about me?
View attachment 334577
I can come over if I want to Banjo.
View attachment 334579
Oops. I didn’t know she was listening.
View attachment 334580
I think I’m going to have to show her that I mean business. I was hoping she wouldn’t call my bluff.
View attachment 334581
Okay. I’m gonna do this.
View attachment 334582
Got ‘cha Muffin!
View attachment 334583

Ahhhh. I think next time I may just move over.
Are my eyes twitching? Maybe you should have let Muffin get in the tub too.
View attachment 334588
I think I wish I hadn’t done that. Am I going to faint?
View attachment 334589

I wish I hadn’t seen that!
View attachment 334586
Poor Banjo. Lol. Poor Muffin. Poor BJ. Last night harmonicat, tonight aromaticat. :flail:

If laughter heals, the kitties will have my shoulder well in no time!
Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:
Gorgeous flowers -- of the feline and canna variety!
That's great about the cat cafe. May they take best care of their cats and clean stringently! *and yes, we all pray for spay/neuter to open up quickly and be practiced aggressively. We have all worked so hard and care so much!*
My chiro absolutely forbids heating pads. He says moist heat, not dry heat, is best. If you fill a sock with rice, you can microwave it for up to 2 minutes and apply it to the painful part. This is moist heat and it is quite helpful, I find. A friend gave me a gift of something similar from a Bed Bath & Beyond shop. It has some herbs in it, too, so it smells nice. But you can make one yourself using just rice and a sock.
I have part of a shell that looks like that on one of my peripherals. Found it out in the yard. Mine is pale blue with brown spots.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. I haven't really been on the site lately , which is why I haven't posted.
I hope you and all your kitty family are doing well.
Not sure if you remember me posting about my Mittens (It has been awhile). You may not even remember me!
Mittens was very ill with CKD and wasn't doing well , not responding to all the medications. Sadly , he did pass away at home in my arms. He was very weak and passed naturally , but the pain in my heart is the same.
My heart and home is so lonely without my sweet quiet little Mittens.
I didn't get a chance yet to catch up on all I have missed on this thread.
I thought I did read something about you being hurt and in pain.
I truly hope you are doing better and pain free now.
How is my sweet Wanda Heart? I may have mentioned that Wanda Heart sure has won my heart. I love ginger kitties. They hold a special place in my heart. I may have to come and catnap that sweetie!
I also have a soft spot for Lady! Of course, all your kitties are sweeties.
You have quite a few though so I am sure you would never notice if one or two mysteriously vanished.
Truly hoping all is well with you and kitties!
Give them all cuddles from me and an extra cuddle for my Wanda Heart and Lady!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous flowers -- of the feline and canna variety!
That's great about the cat cafe. May they take best care of their cats and clean stringently! *and yes, we all pray for spay/neuter to open up quickly and be practiced aggressively. We have all worked so hard and care so much!*
My chiro absolutely forbids heating pads. He says moist heat, not dry heat, is best. If you fill a sock with rice, you can microwave it for up to 2 minutes and apply it to the painful part. This is moist heat and it is quite helpful, I find. A friend gave me a gift of something similar from a Bed Bath & Beyond shop. It has some herbs in it, too, so it smells nice. But you can make one yourself using just rice and a sock.
I have part of a shell that looks like that on one of my peripherals. Found it out in the yard. Mine is pale blue with brown spots.
A long time ago, I tore a muscle in my neck, and every so often it gives me grief. Michele bought a cloth tube with sand in it that can be microwaved for moist heat, plus it will mold to any area. At this late date, I don't remember where she got it, but it works.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Well, we can’t grow tulips here so now I’m green with envy. :thumbsup: Yay for all the shelters! Thank you for the vibes! Much needed!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The shell sounds beautiful. They are always so delicate. Baby holders!

I’ll have to try the rice! Owww. I need my arm. I am using it anyway. Lol

Loving Mickey Loving Mickey I am so sorry to hear about Mittens. :grouphug2: We all have you in our hearts. I know how hard that is to get through.
Thank you for the wishes about my shoulder. I am trying to be careful so that it will heal.
Wanda Heart and Lady are smiling! They love the compliments! Both are doing well. Wanda Heart has a new pink bunny toy along with her unicorn. Of course the red heart is her favorite. Lady is still enjoying her garden walks. I haven’t walked her since I pulled my shoulder but she’s allowing me a little bit of time. Begrudgingly. Lol If you promised them play or walk time, they might agree to run away with you! :oops: I have to say that I would totally notice. Lol All the kitties make sure that they are noticed here. Someone is always walking across me, stealing my pillow or sitting on my head.:lol:
Meet my new Bunny! The Bunny comes too!
5537B87F-CAFC-43DF-8819-98EE5832B73B.jpeg

I know how to open the door. Use the secret knock!
EF2E95A6-5711-4E88-8A35-DF5695C75143.jpeg

Of course, a few other members may notice missing kitties too!

N NY cat man Is that magic sand?!?!? I am going to try the sand too! Anything to be able to move without making “that face!” :disturbed: My neighbor asked what I was smiling about. Lol Thanks!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama It does balance out! :) See above?

N NY cat man Those are like little suns in your garden! Yellow is such a happy color! Wow! Now I really want some tulips. Lol I know there are a few species varieties that are supposed to survive our climate but finding them in a world filled with hybrids is difficult. One day I may stumble on some.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Plant suppliers frustrate me. They sell garden plants without telling the buyer that , these will not make it in certain climates! Most hybrid tulips don’t love warm climates. They are sold here but I know they won’t do well so I don’t buy them. Hostas only last a couple of years here. A little further north from me it gets cold enough in winter to enable more bulbs to thrive. Bearded iris don’t like it here but walking iris and the native Blue flag do just fine. The northern part of the state has stunning bearded iris. Soil, climate and even elevation count with plants.

I am enjoying one of my favorite trees. The flowers were up too high to get a really good photo but they look like tiny, pink ,fluffy clouds. Mimosa tree. The flowers are just as soft as kitten fluff and smell light and sweet. The hummingbirds love the flowers.
CA4ED5D3-BE59-4F8D-923E-8B5186A751DE.jpeg

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to get some in a few different colors- all we have now are the red and the yellow. Even if we ordered bulbs tomorrow, though, the people we deal with won't ship them until fall, as there is no point to it. The bulbs have to overwinter to do anything. Planted before then, they just rot in the ground.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You may not even remember me!
Mittens was very ill with CKD and wasn't doing well , not responding to all the medications. Sadly , he did pass away at home in my arms. He was very weak and passed naturally , but the pain in my heart is the same.
My heart and home is so lonely without my sweet quiet little Mittens.
Yes we do remember you and we are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about Mittens:alright:

Hugs for you
A8DA42A6-2B66-4946-A8CE-81000E606EBF$L0$001~photo.JPG

If you can't grow tulips, here are some of ours that you can enjoy vicariously.
Lovely blooms!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Loving Mickey Loving Mickey Bless you, Darlin. I am so very sorry to hear about Mittens. Rest you gentle, Dear Friend, dream you deep. You pawprints are on your human's heart forever!

Well, another day, another buck and a quarter! I'm thrilled to see Miss Wanda Heart and Miss Lady! The other day, in one of my online wanderings, I ran across a photo of a ginger mama and her THREE GINGER FEMALE KITTENS! How rare is that?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man It’s a shame you can’t get new bulbs when planting time is right there. I deal with a very wet season here and bulbs rot very easily. I’ve tried finding some high ground but.... the bulbs needed a boat this year. Lol My Amaryllis seem to have survived but I’m not seeing any signs of my Gloriosa! I hope it’s still there. My big red lily is growing but did not bloom. Maybe next year. Thank goodness I still have my photos!
73E4C643-A410-484F-970C-091FDA0130D0.jpeg
12EF3E7F-E67E-4A63-AB51-B0B87AD869C8.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent the day apologizing to kitties. Time for some parasite meds! The kitties always know! Cats were avoiding me today. How can you convince a kitty to let you put stinky stuff on their neck? You can’t!

Hi Mountain Bear! I love you!
8FDB9CDA-9720-43C7-9AED-04B9B3048858.jpeg

Goldilocks! You know you are a very beautiful lady!
696513D2-56A1-4753-B7E7-2B5EB5AD78F5.jpeg

Sweet Blue. Come for some snuggles?
A7E4B494-B3A6-4A41-96F0-0A7B8D65931E.jpeg

Yes. Just let me give you a nice neck scratching.
5B5E3452-1CA4-4B85-8E05-62E55EDFD189.jpeg

Such sweet babies!
F40013FB-F2D8-4F90-AAA6-1BDED20DDB50.jpeg

Wait. Did the human do something? Let me check you Goldi.
ACDCFAB1-8DC8-45F8-B8EC-3C9B52CAD983.jpeg

Ugh! You stink Goldi!
27245C2E-82AE-4F40-8D0E-59EFD5797694.jpeg

Mountain! You smell too!
DFFDA98B-DD14-4327-A8DA-D0AA10AE9C8D.jpeg

Run everybody! She’s got that stinky stuff again!
060F26A0-7A47-458C-AD61-CA153766228D.jpeg

Okay human. You got me but.....as soon as you fall asleep,
D05691C7-C439-4561-A3C0-73B6EA47F8CE.jpeg

I’m going to protect you from parasites too. Want some snuggles?
6FE8BA39-BB79-4683-B73A-E56A516E04BE.jpeg

:gingercat2::oops:
I guess I deserve that. I wonder if Mountain is going to rub it on my neck or all over? Thank goodness kitties forgive easily! I think I’ll hand out treats just before I turn out the lights. :lol:

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It’s a shame you can’t get new bulbs when planting time is right there. I deal with a very wet season here and bulbs rot very easily. I’ve tried finding some high ground but.... the bulbs needed a boat this year. Lol My Amaryllis seem to have survived but I’m not seeing any signs of my Gloriosa! I hope it’s still there. My big red lily is growing but did not bloom. Maybe next year. Thank goodness I still have my photos!
Lovely blooms!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would like to get some in a few different colors- all we have now are the red and the yellow. Even if we ordered bulbs tomorrow, though, the people we deal with won't ship them until fall, as there is no point to it. The bulbs have to overwinter to do anything. Planted before then, they just rot in the ground.
I'm usually really late planting them. Like practically digging through frozen ground! Ok, not quite. But it is usually late October by the time I dig out my annuals and plant the new spring blooming bulbs.

My tulips are not all in bloom yet, as some are earlier bloomers than others. I have a variety of colours though, so I'll post some pics as they bloom.

N NY cat man It’s a shame you can’t get new bulbs when planting time is right there.
Garden centres sell them in the fall. I usually get mine at Walmart. Fairly decent variety too. But tulips, like everything else, are not the same as they used to be. Where once you planted a bulb and it bloomed every year forever. Now the hybrid ones are basically one season only.

I spent the day apologizing to kitties. Time for some parasite meds! The kitties always know! Cats were avoiding me today. How can you convince a kitty to let you put stinky stuff on their neck? You can’t!
Awww... great to see that darling little family. :redheartpump:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm usually really late planting them. Like practically digging through frozen ground! Ok, not quite. But it is usually late October by the time I dig out my annuals and plant the new spring blooming bulbs.

My tulips are not all in bloom yet, as some are earlier bloomers than others. I have a variety of colours though, so I'll post some pics as they bloom.

Garden centres sell them in the fall. I usually get mine at Walmart. Fairly decent variety too. But tulips, like everything else, are not the same as they used to be. Where once you planted a bulb and it bloomed every year forever. Now the hybrid ones are basically one season only.

Awww... great to see that darling little family. :redheartpump:
We get most of our bulbs from Breck's.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were lucky in the Mojave. Our little nursery in the "town" by the grocery store stocked only plants appropriate for the growing zone, and the lady who ran it was very knowledgeable about the plants and the climate. As a result, everything we bought from her thrived, as did the plants we bought from a big nursery over in Hesperia.
What gorgeous red flowers, Jcatbird Jcatbird , and wow! you have a silk tree! Ours in the Mojave was amazing -- it shaded the master bedroom and bathroom, and the scent was intoxicating.
I used to have to chase down some of our then-outdoor clowder to administer the topicals! Mehndi especially would run when he saw me coming with the small white tube. Of course it was very necessary as they had to live outdoors at that location!
IMG_0907.JPG
IMG_0908.JPG
IMG_0933.JPG
IMG_0561.JPG
IMG_0566.JPG

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele has been reading my mind again. I have been thinking about planting more tulips in different colors, but didn't say anything about it to her. Well, she just informed me that she ordered 105 assorted color tulip bulbs, to be delivered this fall. You'll have to be patient and wait until next spring to see the results- assuming I'm still around to provide the pictures, that is.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I am in love with Gloriosa Flowers! Red and yellow coloring but also the beautiful shape. The petals curling back with such grace! Even the vine itself is interesting as the tip of each leaf has a little tendril that grasps whatever is near and holds the vine in place.

rubysmama rubysmama Planting in very hard ground? Maybe you could use a power drill for planting bulbs! :lol:
Please do post photos! I can enjoy your flower garden too! Hmmm. You do all the work and we get the beauty. Thank you! I’ll take that deal anytime!!
Goldie and family send purrs!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That is a grand Silk tree! The draping foliage, limbs and flowers are gorgeous! Bearded Iris to! I love iris and wish that form would grow here.
Thank you for the rice heating pad. It’s really helping and feels so nice!!My warm rice bag is on my shoulder now.

N NY cat man Brecks? I’ve bought from them too. The catalog always makes me want a giant bulb garden.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I am in love with Gloriosa Flowers! Red and yellow coloring but also the beautiful shape. The petals curling back with such grace! Even the vine itself is interesting as the tip of each leaf has a little tendril that grasps whatever is near and holds the vine in place.
No wonder they look so slim. It is as if they are doing back bend exercises to keep fit! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.