My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird *EFURRYbody in the pool!* Just in time for the Labor Day three-day weekend! :lolup:
Our beloved Rojita was a very intense redstriped beauty. She was several shades darker than yellow Nicolas, who had a thick white undercoat. I joked that Nikki liked to eat orange butterflies when he first came to us as a tiny kitten -- in hopes of darkening his color. Of course it didn't work, and I was glad to be able to bring him in, thereby keeping him safe from any more engine blocks (he turned up with an oil streak on his back soon after finding us, and I was able to make my case for making him an indoor kitten) and countless orange butterflies from his eager appetite.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Thank you! Another great name and beautiful kitty! Tell Stretch that he has beautiful markings! I love that some of the stripes turn into spotting and bars. No matter how many kitties I see, everyone is unique. I assume Stretch likes to stretch out? I guessed that Bashful was shy. Prancer prances? I love hearing how kitties tell us their names.

Wanda Heart wants to see! :lovecat2:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yes! Lovely! :lolup:
Kitties are always jumping in my lap, only to turn their bums to my face so I get a clear view of the tail.
That made me laugh! My brother loves this video and loves to quote it to me all the time. "Did Charlie show you his bumhole today?" He thinks it's hilarious. I never knew til Finn moved in how much of a thing that was. Charlie is such a genteel cat - no counter surfing, no escape attempts, and no bum in my face. Nope, Finn is loud and proud with his tail all up in my grill at every opportunity! :lol2:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That made me laugh! My brother loves this video and loves to quote it to me all the time. "Did Charlie show you his bumhole today?" He thinks it's hilarious. I never knew til Finn moved in how much of a thing that was. Charlie is such a genteel cat - no counter surfing, no escape attempts, and no bum in my face. Nope, Finn is loud and proud with his tail all up in my grill at every opportunity! :lol2:
:flail: Cute little girl all proper in her sweet dress is probably a bit put off! They do show us! I hope someone makes sure to show her the other end soon. Maybe a very fluffy kitty would be the one for her. :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The news here is that Wanda Heart has found the kitten inside! She had me rolling with laughter. A happy kitty is pure delight. Our smiles tonight are all thanks to Wanda Heart. I hope you laugh too.

We started out with some gentle play.
F82D5CC7-0E94-41F3-82EC-991C535DAB53.jpeg

Hmmmm. Look at the expression here. Definitely an indicator of building excitement.
3E564805-C6E7-41B4-85B2-4F0B23523E0E.jpeg

Chasing the toy but missed.
65F1A0E9-6F95-4F9B-A874-0C452365ACA9.jpeg

Gonna get it from now on!
3FCC0AFC-747B-4EE0-ADE2-0A2A6825DD2F.jpeg

Back legs being set to spring loaded!
D40A1F7D-3EEF-4191-BA75-AB00A2DB5F16.jpeg

OMGosh! The springs were sprung!
8F108374-9BD1-4723-97F0-B5FB08BB262A.jpeg

Calm down baby...You have fierce face!
946A8C60-EC3A-4972-A32E-49BC9054C0CE.jpeg

Lol Relax.....
CE1CF9E5-3FDA-4776-8475-58A8F8B3AAF6.jpeg

Is that better?
F2AE8860-D7D0-4BC1-B00C-2F5A4013E483.jpeg

No. I want to be fierce!
B64D5EB2-2DCD-4305-A257-722AF49FB1C1.jpeg

I know. You got my finger already.
A20240B1-8FFF-4FC4-B160-DB6B9EE680BF.jpeg

I didn’t mean to get you. Your finger got in the way!
1FAD08A0-87E2-45FE-B2B9-7CED158F40C5.jpeg

I’m relaxed now. See?
1D6DCDF9-94C3-49FF-8FDC-E1E6976EDDB7.jpeg

I want to play.
3CFD5801-22AA-4F54-9AFD-AFA139667BE4.jpeg

Please?!?! I’ll be careful.
D924DEE0-6CD7-4274-96EB-3C15DDAC65CE.jpeg

Finally!
2B0834BC-56B4-45C2-A520-399889308C85.jpeg

Zoomie attack kitten!
761021A3-FBED-4BE0-8F69-B30EFAD55E07.jpeg

Mom is watching. Being calm Mom!
DCCB75A4-47F7-4DE3-AF9C-1360D0A4C978.jpeg

Zoomie kitten! Yes!
BA139144-29DC-4D37-8EA0-043B09C3FDCB.jpeg

Me? Wound up? What claws?
6274EA0C-57B1-448A-9080-BE2F9AE7308C.jpeg

:lol: If you look closely at the first photos you’ll notice you can easily see the color of Wanda Hearts eyes. As she gets more excited her pupils get dilated and by the last photo, nearly all you can see is her pupils! She was having a wonderful and exciting time playing and being all kitten.

My biggest smile came from this last photo.
When I saw this a caption immediately came to mind. This was my thought....

Mom? A little help? I found a can of hair spray and it really works! :eek2:

AC39B786-27F2-46B9-8919-AC3DDEBD50B0.jpeg

:lol:
Of course I would never let a kitty get around something like that but when she stayed frozen like that my imagination kicked in. Maybe she was just waiting for the spray deodorant to dry or she was thinking , I surrender! Perhaps her springs got sprung? :flail:
In any case, this will always be a favorite photo to me. Wanda Heart is all kitten now. :redheartpump: Reaching for the stars....:cloud9:

Have a great night everyone! :goldstar:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I’m glad she found me too. She has improved so much since I found her. When I first saw her she was covered in scratches, thin and hungry. I hope her days will all be happy ones now.She had had a lot of fun last night. :cloud9:

rubysmama rubysmama Lol She was watching the wand toy. She loves that toy. I put the triple ring toy in there today. The vet wants her to have her shots before being let loose. She has dashed out one room and run into Calley,Alley, Liberty and Tortie. Calley sniffed her and was pretty calm. Alley hissed, Liberty ran and Tortie just wanted me to pet her and ignore Wanda Heart. After a few minutes of being under the bed, Wanda Heart dashed back into her own room. It’s more a matter now of keeping her ell and not exposing her to water dishes, litter boxes, food dishes etc. of BJ. I’m not convinced that is a huge risk but would never take any chances. I can shut him away, mop, remove all dishes and boxes to have her out with me though. She is young so more susceptible to any exposures.

W walli :lol: I think so too. She is starting to show her personality now instead of being scared. Watching her having so much fun kept me laughing. Her expressions are so precious. All the photos of her make me smile but laying on her back for tummy rubs get me. The one where she held her paws up and kept them there....:p More tummy rubs!

Last edited:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This picture - those spots!! :loveeyes::loveeyes: That tummy! I cannot resist a kitteh belly! Bury my face every time. I just saw a video about how cats don't like kisses - is this true??? I kiss Charlie every time, and now that I think of it, I don't think he likes it - he always protests. But really, it's their fault for being so darn cute. How can we be expected not to kiss that cuteness? Kitty bellies are kryptonite.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It fills my little heart with so much joy to see Wanda Heart living a good life - the way every cay should be. It seems like just yesterday, I had stayed up late with you and you were posting pictures of her outside. Now look at her! :bawling:

She's absolutely gorgeous and look at those little specks on her belly!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buffster7 Buffster7 well.... debatable. Head butts are like kitties kisses. I have some kitties that love kiss and neck snuggles. Especially Whistle. He is all , kiss me, kiss me, kiss me. Banjo has to make the advance herself. Lol Sassy girl! Two things maybe, the individual cat and how their human starts them off with kisses. If I have a new kitty I kind of imitate the movement of a mom cat. I stroke the face of the kitty with my face/ chin once I know they feel okay about the closeness. This kind of replicates how a mom would wash a kitten face. Somehow I just never have a desire to actually do what moms do. :flail::p No fur tongues please!
Wanda Heart wants me to rub my chin across her ears and jaw. I think they also recognize this as scent swapping.
My big boy Mackie returns kisses with love nips.:eek2:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Buffster7 Buffster7 well.... debatable. Head butts are like kitties kisses. I have some kitties that love kiss and neck snuggles. Especially Whistle. He is all , kiss me, kiss me, kiss me. Banjo has to make the advance herself. Lol Sassy girl! Two things maybe, the individual cat and how their human starts them off with kisses. If I have a new kitty I kind of imitate the movement of a mom cat. I stroke the face of the kitty with my face/ chin once I know they feel okay about the closeness. This kind of replicates how a mom would wash a kitten face. Somehow I just never have a desire to actually do what moms do. :flail::p No fur tongues please!
Wanda Heart wants me to rub my chin across her ears and jaw. I think they also recognize this as scent swapping.
I need to remind myself to imitate mama behavior more. Of course, I've never seen a mom cat interact with her kittens, but I'm learning a lot right here!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I’m glad she found me too. She has improved so much since I found her. When I first saw her she was covered in scratches, thin and hungry. I hope her days will all be happy ones now.She had had a lot of fun last night. :cloud9:

rubysmama rubysmama Lol She was watching the wand toy. She loves that toy. I put the triple ring toy in there today. The vet wants her to have her shots before being let loose. She has dashed out one room and run into Calley,Alley, Liberty and Tortie. Calley sniffed her and was pretty calm. Alley hissed, Liberty ran and Tortie just wanted me to pet her and ignore Wanda Heart. After a few minutes of being under the bed, Wanda Heart dashed back into her own room. It’s more a matter now of keeping her ell and not exposing her to water dishes, litter boxes, food dishes etc. of BJ. I’m not convinced that is a huge risk but would never take any chances. I can shut him away, mop, remove all dishes and boxes to have her out with me though. She is young so more susceptible to any exposures.

W walli :lol: I think so too. She is starting to show her personality now instead of being scared. Watching her having so much fun kept me laughing. Her expressions are so precious. All the photos of her make me smile but laying on her back for tummy rubs get me. The one where she held her paws up and kept them there....:p More tummy rubs!
Loving the buttons on Wanda Heart's shirt front -- she's growing by leaps and bounds, isn't she? And all that interactive play is hopefully helping her appetite to stay strong.

On the subject of cat names, I haven't posted here about one of the "outside crew" two locations ago. When he turned up, with his glossy ebony coat and proud, proud tail, I fell in love instantly. He had a lot to say, too, and he wasn't shy about saying it; this, along with is conformations, signalled to me that he was undoubtedly black Siamese, like my beloved "brofur" Kikko, who was rescued from the street when I was small. So I started calling him LBTC=Little Black Talking Cat. He wasn't very little, but it just fit somehow. That morphed into Talker and Talker was my fierce lover man, patrolling the yard and later the barn compound when we moved to the Mojave. Like my brofur Kikko, he would bite -- hard -- when he became overstimulated, which happened often because he was very personable and tactile, jumping on my lap when I would sit down and demanding handling. His propensity to bite, along with his proud, proud tail which he carried at a unique angle, also earned him the nicknames of Sharky and The Shark Cat. How I will always love him!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A favorite thing of mine is to advance on Elvis when he's lying down and do raspberries on his kittehbelleh. He usually switches his tail and charges away from me indignantly. *How DARE you, lowly hooman!?!*:insertevillaugh:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A favorite thing of mine is to advance on Elvis when he's lying down and do raspberries on his kittehbelleh. He usually switches his tail and charges away from me indignantly. *How DARE you, lowly hooman!?!*:insertevillaugh:
YES!! And then I tell myself lies like, "He really loves it when you do that, he just has to act annoyed to save his dignity"..

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kitties are always jumping in my lap, only to turn their bums to my face so I get a clear view of the tail.
There's a reason for that, you know. It's a bit like dogs sniffing, but with cats, they don't sniff or allow sniffing with just anyone. Bum sniffing allows the sniffer to learn all about the sniffee's health, general state of mind, and mating status. For a CAT to present their butt to you means that they consider you someone with the right to know these things, a friend, or family member. It isn't done with just everyone, like dogs do.

Wanda Heart is all kitten now. :redheartpump: Reaching for the stars....:cloud9:
That does my heart good. A quote from my father, "If you want to hold the moon in your hands, you have to reach for the stars."

Status
Not open for further replies.