My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unhhh! Tired and cleaning all 30 litter boxes! Lol Alteaady got the cages and carriers. If the rain will just hold off until dark. I don’t have the new flooring down so I padded the area with woven beach mats until after the company leaves. I really want most of the boxes in the cat room. One cage will hold several boxes and I have three out there. Precious will still have his private, elevated cage with everything. Now he has a window too! Lol I probably need the biggest cage out there but I just can’t move it in, only to have to move it back out next week to do the floor. I’ll use the tray for food dishes and water bowls. Washing curtains now. Last ones. Next are beds and sofa cover. Vacuum and mop tonight or tomorrow......if I make it that long. Lol I may not finish the windows but got most. Still have to move furniture back in the room drilled by termite control. Getting there! I bet I sleep well tonight! Expect my post tonight will be brief. :lol:
:thud:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We had a much worse earthquake last night -- a 7.1. Stuff fell (no breakage, though, thankfully!) and my mom's chandelier and antique lamps in the dining room were swaying pretty violently. I wasn't expecting that as the experts said there was only a 5% chance of a bigger one after the 6.4 on the 4th, so it was very scary. I haven't slept much these past 2 nights.
Sounds scary. Take care of yourself. :alright:

If the rain will just hold off until dark. I
Fingers crossed it doesn't rain till you get everything done. :crossfingers:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like the other half of litter boxes will have to be done tomorrow. I actually had help that was supposed to come. They couldn’t make it. Maybe they will tomorrow. Going to get some dat photos though. Quickly!

No more earthquakes!!!!
:yeah:
TYSM. *From your keyboard...* Hope they will show tomorrow! That's got to be a Guinness Book record -- 30!!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you like the porch. I have a temporary set up in the cat room. Not one cat is in the living room! :lol: I guess they like it out there! I’m sure the novelty will wear off but it’s awfully nice to have cages and carriers out of the living room for the first time in ..... two years?!?!? Wow! More to come on the room later though. Just setting it up to get through this coming week. I’ve got a few more things to add tomorrow. Cat things!
CA391E4F-5A7F-4276-A402-4EBA28C4A199.jpeg

The floor coverings are woven beach mats. A spray with the hose will be a quick clean up! Cage tray bottoms make great food and water dish trays. There’s nothing better than things that are easy to clean. Precious hasn’t retreated to his sanctuary at all yet! Yay! Maybe this will be the answer! Let it be!
5BBDA7F6-D067-4767-9CDA-1A8CA18ECF19.jpeg

I found this while cleaning. It made me laugh. One of my first cat drawings ever. Kitty love came early to me. Apparently this is supposed to be my cat, Little One, who appears to be sitting on the headboard of my bed and watching a bunch of flying red birds. Lol The perspective is a bit off but since it says, “ To everybody”, I thought it fit here okay. The whiskers !!!! I guess I was about 7? Done in lovely crayon! :lol:
211CA05A-5C4A-47ED-9052-699278E60C34.jpeg

To everybody, from Jcatbird, Have a great night/morning! :heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Love the Cat Room!!!! The wall colour, floor, mats, "beds" - all gorgeous. A lot of work, I'm sure, but it was certainly worth it, as that room is pawsitively beautiful !!! And I can see the cats agree.
:happycat: :catlove: :catrub: :lovecat: :sleepycat: :coolcat: :lovecat3::dancingblackcat::purr::cutecat:

Love your drawing too. You must frame it and hang it in the Cat Room. :petcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you like the porch. I have a temporary set up in the cat room. Not one cat is in the living room! :lol: I guess they like it out there! I’m sure the novelty will wear off but it’s awfully nice to have cages and carriers out of the living room for the first time in ..... two years?!?!? Wow! More to come on the room later though. Just setting it up to get through this coming week. I’ve got a few more things to add tomorrow. Cat things! View attachment 291388
The floor coverings are woven beach mats. A spray with the hose will be a quick clean up! Cage tray bottoms make great food and water dish trays. There’s nothing better than things that are easy to clean. Precious hasn’t retreated to his sanctuary at all yet! Yay! Maybe this will be the answer! Let it be!
View attachment 291389

I found this while cleaning. It made me laugh. One of my first cat drawings ever. Kitty love came early to me. Apparently this is supposed to be my cat, Little One, who appears to be sitting on the headboard of my bed and watching a bunch of flying red birds. Lol The perspective is a bit off but since it says, “ To everybody”, I thought it fit here okay. The whiskers !!!! I guess I was about 7? Done in lovely crayon! :lol:
View attachment 291390
To everybody, from Jcatbird, Have a great night/morning! :heartshape:
Beautiful room and I love the mats! Everyone looks very happy and relaxed in there. Lovely large windows and views, too -- cat PURRadise!
You had a lot more talent at 7 than I did. My dad saved a bunch of my drawings, but they weren't of that caliber (nor was the printing, never mind the writing!) I also have a painted rock that was supposed to be a paperweight that he saved, plus a painted, fired clay trivet I made in school for my mom. That's still being used. It's dark green, with natural clay colored tulips, and it isn't too awful.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unhhh! Nearly done. My company is coming 2 hours early! I’ll be up before dawn to clean boxes. Lol I just wanted to show the last couple of things I did for the kitties. Last touches on the porch too. One of my small orchids bloomed in the right colors! My Turks cap lily opened today along with the crepe myrtle. The colors are perfect. Each one came as a lovely gift and just in time!

You took the cover off the sofa. Put it back! I want to stay with you Mom.
414BDBFF-6147-47FA-9F6B-77973540B9DC.jpeg

Morning found the kitties snoozing all over the cat room.
2359BF45-F095-4521-B12B-2F33369946F3.jpeg

They have a floor AC so the windows aren’t blocked.
FFA57C0F-ED9F-4DDD-BAA2-D95E56AA27F0.jpeg

I missed my fur blanket!
DFB8A793-B384-4C5A-9172-766CADA7E874.jpeg

By afternoon they had their toys scattered everywhere!
58F2F65F-44A4-4120-9BD3-0C493E55EAC3.jpeg

If anyone wants a private spot, the biggest cages are covered now.
958EEB3A-B38F-4FEB-8F60-A9F4F7A40638.jpeg

Lady likes having breakfast on the blanket!
BF3302AC-7A4F-49CC-8D80-0B8E715C248D.jpeg

There’s still one spot for Mom.:lol:
F78B9831-5B6F-450A-B2B8-AD9C3AB393E1.jpeg

All done outside.
F562DC49-9093-4112-895B-353A707C4047.jpeg

A bit of tidying up inside and I give up! :flail:

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your house looks really nice. Guess what I found in the bushes in front of my apartment today? Nope, wrong (you guessed a kitten didn't you?). Some guys feet are sticking out. He's probably just drunk and sleeping it off, but I called the police just in case.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat room looks wonderful. It looks like what we call a "sun room" here in NY. I wish I had one for my cats.

Our neighbors didn't set off fireworks this year, for the first time in 5 years it was quiet on the 4th. Maybe their kids grew up and moved out? :thumbsup:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Thank you! I hope you sleep well. I think the kitty on that towel must be a Ruby! :p

surya surya . OMGoodness!!!! I did think , kitten! Not human feet! Eeeeh. I once found someone in an unknown state. Very glad you called 911! That must have been a surprise! Looking for kittens and finding feet! :thud:I hope

M maggiedemi It is a sunroom. I originally had it done to use for sewing, crafts, painting and the cats I had at the time. They were the Luekemia kitties that were sick. I thought a bright place where I could spend a lot of time with them would give them a better chance. I could isolate them from the healthy kitties there. At that time I supplemented our income with my artsy stuff. Sarah and I took orchids to the city every Saturday and I began putting my plants and art work in many of the shops there. I had Sarah and some very sick kitties to support. The room was a good thing. Now it is again! It’s a cheerful place and the view through the property give the kitties lots of things to watch. When I brought all the clean cages and carriers in yesterday, four frogs hitched a ride inside. It was quite a hide and seek game! Me chasing cats, cats chasing frogs and me trying to beat the cats to the frogs. :flail:I’m happy to say that all frogs were willing to jump onto me, after playing with the cats.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you! The kitties seem very happy. I’ll have to undo everything after the company leaves when I put the tiles down but , for now it’s will buy me some time and please the kitties. I like the towel too. Found it accidentally at the dollar store! One of my best dollar store finds, outside of the kitty pools! :)

I think all the changes in the house may be a curious thing to some of the kitties.
305B610D-DA2E-4F73-A24F-5A2F6E861327.jpeg

Some are relaxing but others are investigating.
8C62E712-128C-46B3-8A47-7F1E38F09738.jpeg

Others have questions.

Where’s all the kitty stuff that was in here? ( Cally has a heart shaped nose! Lol)
7C1B402A-B272-4731-926F-3D4958EBAA8F.jpeg

Have a Good night/morning everyone! :sunshine:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I brought all the clean cages and carriers in yesterday, four frogs hitched a ride inside. It was quite a hide and seek game! Me chasing cats, cats chasing frogs and me trying to beat the cats to the frogs. :flail:I’m happy to say that all frogs were willing to jump onto me, after playing with the cats.
The fun never stops at Chez Jcatbirds. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some guys feet are sticking out. He's probably just drunk and sleeping it off
I remember those days of falling on the lawn...or the pavement...:eek2:

It is a sunroom.
I thought so! I love sunrooms. :sunshine:

I’m happy to say that all frogs were willing to jump onto me, after playing with the cats.
I wonder how they knew that you would save them? :think:

Found it accidentally at the dollar store!
You sure find a lot of cool stuff at the dollar store. :clap2:

Cally has a heart shaped nose!
Uh oh. I think I have a new favorite! What a pretty kitty. :loveeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.