My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really needed those pics of Smoky and Banjo today! They lifted my heart!

It would be like carrying my own weight. +
:thud:Lol
Closer to half of mine, darn it...

Smokey isn’t the biggest kitty here but she knows how to claim her kill.
I keep telling people, dominant status in the cat world has nothing to do with size, and everything to do with CATITUDE!

Maybe they are speculating that we were sitting in the church scratching ourselves when our parents got married.
The last time I took Hek to the vet, she informed me that my mother chases cars and never married my father, AND that I'm a flea-ridden, ill-conditioned heathen with no sensibilities, about one step up from the average garden slug.

Now, that's HERD !
Um...did you misspell "horde"? I was amazed at what good condition the poor things were in. As misguided as their humans were, they did do well by them, all things considered.

I got a call that one of the places I have tried to assist got authorities to consider a TNR program for the first time in their history
What information did they use to convince the authorities? I need to get this.

Love from Banjo!:bicolorcat: She hopes you voted for her to have a pear.:heartshape:
YES! Banjo gets a pear! Banjo gets anything she wants. Except chocolate. NO CHOCOLATE! Carob would be acceptable.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will do that. It may cost me an arm, but I will.
WOW. That's about the roundest telling-off I've ever heard from a member of the feline persuasion. :angrycat: Do give Hek a lot of favorite foods, treats, and when you feel safe, a snorgle or two on our behalf. :petcat:We want THIS:
x-dauwtrappen.gif
...not THIS:
x-poesjebijt.gif

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! So many great posts and quotes to respond to! I may have to do that tomorrow because I spent this evening doing posts to a new friend. I am hoping they help in some way. I really, really want to help them. I liked them immediately and their kitty. He’s got cattitude! We all love that. Smokey especially! Lol Other activities are going on here as well.
I am going to cut to straight to the photos tonight and respond to the posts tomorrow because I really want to answer everyone. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I do have information for you. I will gladly pass it on but if I get on that soapbox tonight I won’t get to bed. Lol

The kitties gave on me playing any more tonight. We had an early playtime but they like a late one. I did check in with them all but they were snoozing and snoring!

All I saw when I turned around was a black furry paw that had been resting on my shoulder. Awwww. Bonjure! He didn’t budge when I slipped out from under him. My sleepy baby.
ABD90E22-1789-41A8-A802-DE46964EE276.jpeg

Well.... if I didn’t recognize the spots, I would wonder who this is. :lol:
19B416E9-0DFD-4D58-BF29-2C0CBCB41861.jpeg

Oh look! There’s a little face. It’s Whistle.
I’m not asleep Mom. Would you please turn out the lights?!?!?!
F277887B-7A63-4CF7-8CF7-50584D39C804.jpeg

Lady is totally and soundly asleep.
2748D2D7-BB90-41D8-AE8B-9497F8005FC2.jpeg

Dolly heard me a roused up just a tiny bit but.....
6F7EA543-3D17-4EE2-BF24-BB4B98E22E6A.jpeg

Crashed back to sleep. :sleepycat:
F48E0D26-D371-4E7D-8E22-760D2E408DAC.jpeg

Mom! Please turn out the lights! Thrasher wants sleep too!
66548CE5-4468-4A1E-9DE8-8528E785516C.jpeg

Flowers always hears me moving and is upon me for pets. Feral training I suppose.
FF86CFC4-31E1-4391-B673-A4B5A5CC314E.jpeg

BJ was asleep but wondered if more food might turn up.
80F70EF3-97C0-4B8A-B6C8-3A8F688A7A80.jpeg

Even treats can’t stop BJ yawns!
982784B1-C3BD-4DAB-85E2-007ADBF2DC4C.jpeg

Hmmmm. He sees a little something on the plate. Late night snacks are nice!
F256CDBC-AB35-4018-8C7A-B9ACA93DC86F.jpeg

Mitsy just looked up to see why everyone was moving around. I think that could be a little stink eye.
019E0549-9D74-4EFF-BD2A-69D6AE57D028.jpeg

A few snacks were eaten but most have settled back into their chosen spots soooo.... come on BJ! Time to snuggle.
FD453173-DEC0-4744-BEE4-F7918A84353F.jpeg

Going to hit my pillow! Good night/morning everyone.
Stop snoring Dolly! :lol::blackcat:
:heartshape:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I do have information for you. I will gladly pass it on but if I get on that soapbox tonight I won’t get to bed. Lol
PM it if it's easier, and whenever. There isn't a meeting anytime in the immediate future, and I want all my ducks in a row before I take on the Commission.

LOVED all those sleepy babies!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. Another holiday flooding the system. :lol: Holidays and bad weather always make it hard for me to get online. I’ll be here as I can but have a busy day planned for the next two days.
LOL.

You must tell Banjo about kiwi. Apparently they make good toys too, as I woke up one morning and found one in my hall, full of bite/claw marks. :rolleyes:

Here's a couple pics of Miss Ruby "wondering" how they got there, because they were safely in the fruit basket on the kitchen table when "we" went to bed the night before. :winkcat:

View attachment 284152 View attachment 284153

Ruby! You are so funny! You and Banjo would clear the house of fruit! How does Ruby feel about Bananas? Banjo thinks they are odd. They don’t roll on the floor very well. :lol:

If it wasn't for the fact that she is curled up not 3 feet from me, I would swear you had catnapped Miss Eleanor!

Ruby does look like Miss Eleanor! Cousins!

rubysmama rubysmama Ruby is so lovely!
M maggiedemi There are lots of petitions about Australian cats on such sites as Change.org and The PetitionSite, but unfortunately, in this instance, so far they have done no good. The CEO of Alley Cat Allies even flew down there armed with the facts and a huge heart and tried to get them to stop this ill-advised, incredibly diabolical and senseless plan. They did not agree with her.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Well, I sure couldn't deny Banjo anything good! *As for pears, they're apparently not as scary as cucumbers. Although personally, I love both and will take anyone's share who does not.*
Yes, any change is slow in coming for those who want it implemented, but perseverance, patience, and commitment are three very necessary qualities to have in order to win any battle. Many people were not allowed to vote in this society, not that long ago in history. They won those rights (though some are trying to take them away. But that's another story and one that is meeting lots of rightful opposition). That's just one example.
Though I can claim zero credit because this happened before we moved here, TNR is municipal policy in this city. The humane society here is no-kill. *Of course, the reality of what that means is that when there is no space, animals are housed in the next large city's ACC facilities, and they are not no-kill. Eventually, though, that will change as we reach the goal of "no-kill" and beyond, to TRULY not killing.*
There is another recent case in which a large number of cats were brought to NYCACC after their caregiver took his own life. There were approximately 40 cats, and they were pronounced to be in remarkably good condition. The man was not a "hoarder" per se -- he cared very much about the cats and rescued them from the streets, taking the best care of them that he could. A fire at their house, which miraculously did not harm anyone, caused the city to board up the house and separate him from his cats, who needed help A/O. He became so depressed at being separated from them that he killed himself. The cats have been rescued and/or adopted. I worked on this case by crossposting for them. And as I never tire of saying, "hoarding" is NOT done by uncaring people. Uncaring people would not take cats in. The people care, but things get out of hand financially, numerically, physically and emotionally, and the end result is what people see on the news. Berating the "hoarders" is IMHO very insensitive and even ignorant on the part of those insulting these people, who by the time the situation is arrested, are usually mentally/emotionally unstable and often poverty-stricken and sick as well. When neighbors look out for neighbors and get involved in helping early on, a lot of these tragedies can be averted.
So very tragic. It is so very important to work with officials when trying to help kitties. Support must be available. When I first started it was difficult to find that support here but ,with persistence , it did come. I still talk to these people regularly and work with them. As tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 stated, if more people would get involved, those tragedies could be avoided. I plan to stay connected and offer any help I can provide as far as information, education and resources.

For those who attempt to help kitties, please have a plan and stick to it. If it gets out of hand , that does not help the kitties, or you. You have to budget, allow for the unexpected (like sick kitties) and it’s advisable to set aside funds for the possibility that you might not always be around to provide for the cats. You have to line up people who are willing to take your place if needed, even if you only have one cat! This is soooo important! It is well worth the peace of mind that you get in return. I felt a great relief once I established someone to handle everything here if needed. I still want to expand on this and I am doing that now but the most important points are covered. Yay!

I really needed those pics of Smoky and Banjo today! They lifted my heart!

I’m so glad that Banjo and Smokey helped! They are little fur characters! They make me laugh a lot!

Closer to half of mine, darn it...

I keep telling people, dominant status in the cat world has nothing to do with size, and everything to do with CATITUDE!

Oh yes! Smokey may be short and fluff but she has cattitude by the ton!

The last time I took Hek to the vet, she informed me that my mother chases cars and never married my father, AND that I'm a flea-ridden, ill-conditioned heathen with no sensibilities, about one step up from the average garden slug.

:flail:

Um...did you misspell "horde"? I was amazed at what good condition the poor things were in. As misguided as their humans were, they did do well by them, all things considered.

All things considered it was sort of amazing. I wonder if someone was helping them. I’d be curious to know the rest of that story. Misguided for sure but it seems to me that they must have had some kind of help to maintain 300. That just blew my mind at the number.

What information did they use to convince the authorities? I need to get this.

I know some of the argument but I’ll get more details for you this coming week. All I can tell you right now is part of it and my part in it.

YES! Banjo gets a pear! Banjo gets anything she wants. Except chocolate. NO CHOCOLATE! Carob would be acceptable.
WOW. That's about the roundest telling-off I've ever heard from a member of the feline persuasion. :angrycat: Do give Hek a lot of favorite foods, treats, and when you feel safe, a snorgle or two on our behalf. :petcat:We want THIS:View attachment 284205...not THIS:
View attachment 284206
I love this! Really funny! I know the routine!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I will PM the info later. Next two days swamped with family stuff. I am doing a cookout with friends tomorrow. Cats included! Lol

I may be scarce tomorrow but I will do a quick post for the day.

For now I have to be getting things prepared. I know the kitties will be a big help though! :lol:

I think the kitties are already discussing tomorrow! This is what I imagine they are saying!

Ummmm! Are we having chicken?
12632233-98E5-46E2-A10D-83D2B837A3BB.jpeg

I don’t want chicken. I want fish.
F12AE162-7889-40C2-9E2E-B8B7FBEAF67D.jpeg

Bonjure and Banjo are arguing. Bonjure thinks he should be in charge of the grill.
C23755B2-BB5F-42FD-8FB2-FC120A8706F3.jpeg

Banjo claims to be a better chef!
37F01FCB-F34F-40CF-9D98-DE65D59CE831.jpeg

A bite on the neck from the chef!
2A56814A-05C4-4EB0-AD86-CDDEC930D518.jpeg

Banjo can do the grilling Mom.
CDE4B046-2F5C-4CCD-9582-4C294420D309.jpeg

Ummm! Chicken and fish!
1A25DEC8-E7E9-4DBB-9A87-E47C37CA59CB.jpeg

Can we start now?
5FF386BD-BF26-42B8-AFED-3C11E0B0D460.jpeg

Yep! The kitties are ready to help! I think it may take longer with their help unless Banjo bites the neck of everyone who gets in her way.:lol: We may have a little fur along with the fruit! I won’t be sharing the pears with the bite marks though!:flail:

Have a great night everyone. We will be getting to bed early tonight. :heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ruby! You are so funny! You and Banjo would clear the house of fruit! How does Ruby feel about Bananas? Banjo thinks they are odd. They don’t roll on the floor very well. :lol:
Don't think she has an opinion on bananas. In fact, didn't know she liked kiwi till I found it on the floor! :lol:

Next two days swamped with family stuff. I am doing a cookout with friends tomorrow. Cats included! Lol
Have a great day! :dance:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I've posted a link to an article about Australia, hot off the presses, in forums/Cats SOS under "AUSTRALIAN CATS" FYI.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Enjoy your feasting! And remember -- as far as cats go, "Sharing is caring" :yummy:
rubysmama rubysmama Bananas of the "Yeowww!" variety are absolutely PAWpular here. :banana1:
IMG_1356.JPG
*Here is my "rescued cat" Tarifa, looking dramatic in a morning sun grill*

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've posted a link to an article about Australia, hot off the presses, in forums/Cats SOS under "AUSTRALIAN CATS" FYI.
Great article. I knew the feral cats are getting blamed for what they didn't do. Bunch of morons. I knew they didn't care about cats when I found out you have to send your cat cargo on the 30 hour flight and can't even check on them when you land. They have no respect for cats or their owners.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great article. I knew the feral cats are getting blamed for what they didn't do. Bunch of morons. I knew they didn't care about cats when I found out you have to send your cat cargo on the 30 hour flight and can't even check on them when you land. They have no respect for cats or their owners.
I'll refrain from ranting, but I agree.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Happy Mother’s Fay to all cat Moms!
Today was busy but nice! I have a lot of cleanup but the kitties will help. Here is our contribution to the day!

This is how I think the cat conversation went between BJ and his wife, Flowers.

Mother’s Day!
69061A14-F179-4588-B76D-ADD11AE4E118.jpeg

Anything special for me BJ? Did you forget?
F52E0CAC-0F09-4E2E-B3EF-518A211E2579.jpeg

He remembered!
2B1C095B-B995-469C-8EBB-4CADA7D06155.jpeg

Snuggles and a shoulder to lean on!
9E1DB13E-2558-40AA-B576-232AFE02BDC6.jpeg

He’s always been around for me.
13846889-33D1-4A27-97F5-9F64EBE38A35.jpeg

I remember how he protected
me.
E935E152-DFD7-46C0-9A2E-3EFF3FD40C09.jpeg

I’m a little choked up just thinking about it!
05FBA8EE-3A37-4F2E-8316-98DA794F7123.jpeg

Oh BJ!
8F0E9880-457B-4DDB-BB63-B7573B63100C.jpeg

Snuggling you back! I love you too!
C75D0A0B-B8AD-4724-9028-5E2802B1F7D7.jpeg

This is a great present for Mother’s Day! :cloud9:
E25BB613-3A39-4A22-BD1F-46EDC532BF1C.jpeg

Have a great day everyone! The clowder and I send love!:redheartpump::sunshine:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Kitty Chowder* I think is a fish soup for felines :cutecat::kneading::winkcat:
That is so sweet, Jcatbird Jcatbird , and the PURRfect Mother's Day present! This reminds me that several days ago I happened to see something I've never witnessed before -- Elvis WASHING Tarifa's forehead and ears. I know he loves her, but this was really wonderful to see! She seemed to like it, too. He was very gentle and loving about it.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Good job Elvis! Kiss Tarifa!

M maggiedemi A bowl of kitties might leave you with a hairball. :kneading:

Flowers and BJs’ babies.:bouquet:
The babies first turned up playing in flower pots!:flail:
06E01CE2-2476-4D74-95CC-23EE10006774.jpeg
37898ED6-1F72-467B-98C1-7BADA2E0DEA9.jpeg
A9E83CAC-0258-4BE4-A038-1A0AAE2BC146.jpeg
691E532A-EA90-47F0-A349-53B7C2544FBC.jpeg
FFD971F9-FB1B-488C-84B9-3082D152B933.jpeg
57E0B8FD-D1B6-414F-A7B1-F5A71D2035FB.jpeg
7FF45BB8-79D4-48CD-8DCD-2DB83217F9E5.jpeg

Iris, Violet, Dandy and Poppy. All were adopted. :redheartpump: Mom is thinking about you, wherever you are. :sunshine::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.