My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh oh! It looks like I am going to take a detour again. Velcro has turned back up! I heard little meows when I hauled the trash can to the road. I started calling and she poked her head out from hiding.
Her collar looks tighter and her fur is much rougher. She let me pet her and she was hungry but also frightened of all surroundings. I think she may have an old bite healing too on her front right leg. Maybe that’s why she went missing!
She finally vanished into an old shed that is secured so I could not get in to look for her or kittens. I did stick my camera inside to try and look but I see nothing but junk in the pictures even though I know Velcro was inside. Maybe someone here can spot something I can’t see.

She came right to me for food.
CC00DFF9-7BCE-4D38-AE69-B31448AB1D23.jpeg

She was nervous eating even though I sat with her.
CD347828-A7E4-46E3-B222-9B75BB4B4293.jpeg

Her paw looks like it is healed from a recent woundbut she wouldn’t let me look closer.
98A0CC17-4A51-47BD-BBBF-0383DA37E779.jpeg

She jumped at every noise.
85C446DC-A148-49BE-91AD-FCDF06548545.jpeg

She watched in every direction.
4D40CF69-9ABE-40ED-A369-FEBFF367BD1D.jpeg

She was obviously hungry and scared.
6B1D4C67-051C-475F-A164-77488E0CAB54.jpeg

She finally stopped eating to hide again. She was holding up her paw too. Her collar looks really tight here.
E3D35DEE-A343-4C20-8E1A-16DBAAD71135.jpeg

This is the old building she went into. I know she was in there but photos through a hole didn’t help.
7F5A62B8-BA20-41E6-8C3C-9E8AE2BA7879.jpeg

She could be anywhere in here and so could kittens. I’m not sure what to do other than to start back with my nightly observances. If she has kittens in here, it’s going to be tough to get them out. If anyone sees anything here that I missed, besides junk, please let me know!
2BC45C89-A68E-4C1F-9679-99CF666C9BB1.jpeg

If I don’t get back tonight, you’ll know where I am! At least the mosquitos aren't out yet! Big dilemma here! Suggestions welcomed! Another rescue?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds to me like another rescue is called for. Whatever the reason, I think Velcro either has been abandoned, or something happened to her owner, hence the too-tight collar.
It really does look like It’s getting tight. I can probably cut it off but I need to figure out if she has kittens too. I’m hoping to get a better look at her belly to see if she looks like she is nursing. I should be able to tell but i’d never want to leave babies behind. Thank you for the input. Since I don’t use collars I wasn’t too sure but looking back at the older photos, it does look tight. She is also scratching a lot. I’m guessing the collar no longer keeps the fleas off. I’ll have to get her to the vet to check for a chip so I can get her a flea treatment then. Poor Velcro!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The collar is the puzzling piece of the mystery. But her being hungry, does seem to point to being lost and/or homeless. :sigh:
It is a dilemma. That front paw too. Her being so frightened worried me as well. I will look for her family though. We just had a neighbor house burn down. I’m wondering if she was a ,not so loved ,outside cat there. They never mentioned a pet after the fire but if she was outside.....:dunno: I’ll have to put up signs if I can get her. I’ll be calling neighbors tonight. I’m a bit worried about going into that subdivision alone. There are some questionable places over there. Here I go again! ;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful going into questionable areas.
Maybe you can take BJ your bodyguard with you. :catman:
:lol: People might be scared to open their doors! :running: I will be careful. Maybe I can get someone to watch out for me if I go. I have one neighbor who might. :dunno: Thank you for the concern. If anything happens i’ll tell Banjo to post it for me. :p Maybe Purry could just bring his claws.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're probably already on your way doing "rounds" to try and find things out for that little sweetheart, bless your incredible heart, and I'm sending all my guardian angels!!

I looked as hard as I could, I'm thinking possibly under that big rag-looking pile off to the right of the picture, but I'm putting money on behind the wash machine, or some tucked away area like that - - nicely impossible to get to :seesaw:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol: People might be scared to open their doors! :running: I will be careful. Maybe I can get someone to watch out for me if I go. I have one neighbor who might. :dunno: Thank you for the concern. If anything happens i’ll tell Banjo to post it for me. :p Maybe Purry could just bring his claws.
Ah, Jcatbird Jcatbird -- just got email about this now. Before, all I could see was four photos. Yes, her collar does look tight and I don't know what her paw looked like before, so can't make a judgment on injury/no injury. Yes, if possible to do a rescue!!! And I am in no way a proponent of weapons but I do know someone who TNRs and rescues in rough neighborhoods and she always packs. Just saying. Yes, if you can have someone (especially a guy, the larger the better) go with you, I would definitely do that! And whatever kind of food she finished, she obviously likes a lot. I wish I could be of more help than just a post and *PRAYERS* but I know those are powerful and I think you do, too. :vibes::vibes::vibes:She is a very pretty girl btw.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, Jcatbird Jcatbird -- just got email about this now. Before, all I could see was four photos. Yes, her collar does look tight and I don't know what her paw looked like before, so can't make a judgment on injury/no injury. Yes, if possible to do a rescue!!! And I am in no way a proponent of weapons but I do know someone who TNRs and rescues in rough neighborhoods and she always packs. Just saying. Yes, if you can have someone (especially a guy, the larger the better) go with you, I would definitely do that! And whatever kind of food she finished, she obviously likes a lot. I wish I could be of more help than just a post and *PRAYERS* but I know those are powerful and I think you do, too. :vibes::vibes::vibes:She is a very pretty girl btw.
Damn, packin during a kitty rescue! She's dedicated to go into those neighborhoods.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked her up and no looking like she is nursing kitties! I talked to neighbors. No one has even been seeing her but was seeing big dogs over there. I’m gonna try to grab her until I can try and find her family before something bad happens. It’s well after dark now. My best cat catching hours. If I get her then I’ll find a way into that building in the daylight to make sue no kitties but I don’t think there are any. Yet! I don’t have any big fellas willing to help me but I do have one neighbor who will notice if I don’t come home. Lol I’ll put them on alert before I go over there. Paws crossed for Velcro!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked her up and no looking like she is nursing kitties! I talked to neighbors. No one has even been seeing her but was seeing big dogs over there. I’m gonna try to grab her until I can try and find her family before something bad happens. It’s well after dark now. My best cat catching hours. If I get her then I’ll find a way into that building in the daylight to make sue no kitties but I don’t think there are any. Yet! I don’t have any big fellas willing to help me but I do have one neighbor who will notice if I don’t come home. Lol I’ll put them on alert before I go over there. Paws crossed for Velcro!
If it wasn't for the fact that I live so bloody awful far away, I would volunteer to side you on your search.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it wasn't for the fact that I live so bloody awful far away, I would volunteer to side you on your search.
That’s one of the nicest things anyone has ever offered to do for me! Happy tears. Thank you!

It is just after midnight but I’m still trying. I can’t see any evidence of kittens. I may get Velcro if I keep trying. I’ll give it one more try tonight after a short rest.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I could use some good news. I just saw that my Kodiak’s photo is back up on the HS adoption site! After all this time she ends up there?!?!?!? She should be on Petango too. I tried to contact the foster but no return text. I was just looking for a photo of this kitty as being lost when I stumbled on that. :( I guess I was meant to look tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.