Adult Cat
Purraise
He is another cat, crazy, like possessed 😭

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since you are convinced this has to do with his hormones, call the vet and ask about checking his hormone level. While you are at it, ask the vet about having a Chemistry Profile run as well. This would check other enzymes and chemicals naturally produced by the body. If the hormones are elevated beyond where they should be for a neutered cat, then you can ask the vet what else needs to be checked - perhaps an incomplete neutering - testicular tissue left behind? The reason for the Chemistry Profile would be to check for other bodily functions that may be 'off' - maybe the surgery triggered a condition in your cat?

The thing is to look into these aspects and if all checks out well, then you know to move on from your current assumption. If something is identified, then you can proceed by working with your vet for a resolution. Speculating about what is wrong - without pursuing confirmation of such - is only going to exacerbate matters. You will continue to mount more frustration and that will certainly rub off on your cat, causing him to act out even more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mrcclms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since you are convinced this has to do with his hormones, call the vet and ask about checking his hormone level. While you are at it, ask the vet about having a Chemistry Profile run as well. This would check other enzymes and chemicals naturally produced by the body. If the hormones are elevated beyond where they should be for a neutered cat, then you can ask the vet what else needs to be checked - perhaps an incomplete neutering - testicular tissue left behind? The reason for the Chemistry Profile would be to check for other bodily functions that may be 'off' - maybe the surgery triggered a condition in your cat?

The thing is to look into these aspects and if all checks out well, then you know to move on from your current assumption. If something is identified, then you can proceed by working with your vet for a resolution. Speculating about what is wrong - without pursuing confirmation of such - is only going to exacerbate matters. You will continue to mount more frustration and that will certainly rub off on your cat, causing him to act out even more.
Thats 2-3k $ easily in Miami and a ton of additional stress

so I'll try to make some changes and work on the behavioral side of things and hope for the best

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is always sniffing at some spots to smell something
I've seen my cats stand up and stiff the spot where their bottom had been with an open mouth (flehmen reaction) and a few times they even hissed at the spot. Cats are just weird sometimes.

I think your boy is just more interested in the world now that he's neutered. You are his favorite playmate and toy. She's a witch She's a witch is right establish a play routine. Choose a way to start and end each play session and do that each time.

He's probably also learning if he meows you will come. It will hurt your heart and your ears for a while but ignore the meowing when you are working. If you have a door to your workspace close it.

Pick up most of his toys. Hide a bunch for him to search out during the day. Also keep some in a closet. In a week he'll think they are new. Do you have a Kickaroo or something similar he can wrestle with on his own?

Mrcclms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've seen my cats stand up and stiff the spot where their bottom had been with an open mouth (flehmen reaction) and a few times they even hissed at the spot. Cats are just weird sometimes.

I think your boy is just more interested in the world now that he's neutered. You are his favorite playmate and toy. She's a witch She's a witch is right establish a play routine. Choose a way to start and end each play session and do that each time.

He's probably also learning if he meows you will come. It will hurt your heart and your ears for a while but ignore the meowing when you are working. If you have a door to your workspace close it.

Pick up most of his toys. Hide a bunch for him to search out during the day. Also keep some in a closet. In a week he'll think they are new. Do you have a Kickaroo or something similar he can wrestle with on his own?
Many great advices.

I'm even thinking of establishing a super defined routine and find a place out of my apartment to work.

this way I will:

- wake up with him at 6:30
- feed a large amount
- play 30 min, rotating toys but keeping the same pattern, start and ending
- cuddle him a bit
- leave him some other food for the morning
- and go out by 9-10am leaving him some toys he can play with by himself (I bought some from amazon with lasers or electric feathers)
- come back at lunch and feed him again (if he wants to, I have to find this out) and see if he will go to sleep, if he does, I can stay at home. If he wants to play at that time, I'll leave again.

- If I cant find a place to work outside, I'll do the same but just ignore him when the playtime session is ended. And see if over time he understands the routine and calm down

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many great advices.

I'm even thinking of establishing a super defined routine and find a place out of my apartment to work.

this way I will:

- wake up with him at 6:30
- feed a large amount
- play 30 min, rotating toys but keeping the same pattern, start and ending
- cuddle him a bit
- leave him some other food for the morning
- and go out by 9-10am leaving him some toys he can play with by himself (I bought some from amazon with lasers or electric feathers)
- come back at lunch and feed him again (if he wants to, I have to find this out) and see if he will go to sleep, if he does, I can stay at home. If he wants to play at that time, I'll leave again.

- If I cant find a place to work outside, I'll do the same but just ignore him when the playtime session is ended. And see if over time he understands the routine and calm down
Just watch if Adam would be fine playing just after large meal, my girl would most probably throw up.. but she's prone to vomiting. I need to wait around 30 mins after eating to play with her.
And also, I'd probably move cuddling session for the evening or lunch time to make the play session as long as possible in the morning if that's when he's most active.
Good luck!!!

Mrcclms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update:

Still trying to figure out if my 15 months old cat, neutered 6 weeks ago and being nuts since then, is just behaving like a teenager or he has some conditions like Hyperesthesia 🥺

He has these crazy zoomies where he runs, jumps, meows and try to fight with me

they come and go

I managed to limit them trying to be out more often and leave him alone more

I have a webcam and when he is alone he seems way quieter

I also established a routine with playtime at the same hour

But he still has these moments that make me worry

Gonna post a short video, I'd like you guys to tell me if you think it's Hyperesthesia or not

when he runs he often stops and lick his back/tail that way

Plus, some times I have seen that back area rippling

but no harming or biting himself or running away from invisible stuff

Thanks a lot

Adam

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That looks like a playful cat trying to entertain himself! There was one incident (if more, I missed them) of him stopping to bite at this back end. So, that is not too bad. Maybe you might consider starting a log of when he is running around, and make a note of whether or not he stops to bite. If you note both when he does and when he doesn't you will at least see if it is more often than not.

He does look out that window, and I know you mentioned it before, but I am beginning to think it just intrigues him to be able to see out there and he uses it as another play tactic all his own. Cats can do the craziest things and most of the time we can never figure out why!!

Mrcclms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He was but they were, I would say, 1/5 of the craziness of now

he was way more "in control"