My Beloved Cat Is Missing! Please Help Me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guys sorry I've been gone for so long x It's really weird like I try to stay awake and there's nothing but then when I come back from school I see footprints in the litter tray and some days I go to sleep and in the morning I find footprints. It's like im always missing my opportunity to at least see if it's actually him. I'm really starting to lose hope now :(. I recently counted all the days he's been missing and it's now actually been 3 months. I'm so worried guys.

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any luck? I really hope your kitty comes back to you. I know how you feel mine has been missing for two weeks now :(
It's okay dw make sure to call for your cat everyday with some food and leave it's litter tray out x

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know you must be frantic. But think of this...if he has NOT come home, there is every chance that someone took him in thinking that he was a "poor stray," and is not allowing him to get out for fear that he would "get lost" again, that he is being loved and cared for very well, indeed. The fact that he hasn't come home does NOT mean that something terrible has happened to him! It's a small comfort when you want him home with you, and I want that too, but...if he is not, he may be fine. Missing you, but fine. Hang on to that thought, as well! Meanwhile, keeping my fingers crossed. One of the cats here was gone for several months and came home again.:alright::vibes::hugs::vibes::vibes::grouphug:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt is absolutely correct - people "find" kitties all the time and just decide to keep them. But it is also possible that your cat is in that twilight zone between staying tame and reverting to feral. Please keep hoping and I will keep praying!

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know you must be frantic. But think of this...if he has NOT come home, there is every chance that someone took him in thinking that he was a "poor stray," and is not allowing him to get out for fear that he would "get lost" again, that he is being loved and cared for very well, indeed. The fact that he hasn't come home does NOT mean that something terrible has happened to him! It's a small comfort when you want him home with you, and I want that too, but...if he is not, he may be fine. Missing you, but fine. Hang on to that thought, as well! Meanwhile, keeping my fingers crossed. One of the cats here was gone for several months and came home again.:alright::vibes::hugs::vibes::vibes::grouphug:
I'm praying that what you are saying is true, maybe he is somewhere safe and being taken care off or maybe he's with another cat that's helping him. I really hope that he can find his way back home and I can see him again. I'll try to think positively. Thank you so much for sticking around this long and supporting me xx :redheartpump::hugs::hearthrob:

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt is absolutely correct - people "find" kitties all the time and just decide to keep them. But it is also possible that your cat is in that twilight zone between staying tame and reverting to feral. Please keep hoping and I will keep praying!
I really hope so, and yeah maybe he's just happy somewhere else and doesn't give a care in the world! Hopefully he will come back to me when he's ready. Thank you so much for supporting me xx :hearthrob::hugs:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just doing my daily check-in to see if thdre are any updates and to let you know that Iam keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. There are so many interesting cases of cats reappearing. A cat from CA wound up in TX recently and the owner was located thru the microchip. And years ago,my friend had a cat whom I knew since kittenhood and she was allowed to have kittens so I also knew her daughter (they lived in town 10 miles from me). Once, the cats stayed with me at my parents' house for 2 weeks while my friend went on vacation. My friend got a divorce and then had to take care of her ailing mom who had dogs that made the cats miserable so my friend rehomed the cats.About 11 or 12 years later, Joshie, the uniquely colored daughter cat appeared on my parents' front doorstep!! She was very thin and dirty but otherwise ok. I located my friend's ex-husband and he took Joshie home to his step-daughters, where she lived to be in her 20s. The 2nd owner had died 2 or 3 years earlier. Joshie had to travel 10 miles through desert and then through about 3 miles of dense riverlands filled with abundant predators including mountain lions, coyotes, bobcat, raccoons, owls, snakes and hawks. It was a miracle, though, and how she remembered our place is amazing - the 2 weeks that Joshie was at my folks' place were completely inside!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Just doing my daily check-in to see if thdre are any updates and to let you know that Iam keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. There are so many interesting cases of cats reappearing. A cat from CA wound up in TX recently and the owner was located thru the microchip. And years ago,my friend had a cat whom I knew since kittenhood and she was allowed to have kittens so I also knew her daughter (they lived in town 10 miles from me). Once, the cats stayed with me at my parents' house for 2 weeks while my friend went on vacation. My friend got a divorce and then had to take care of her ailing mom who had dogs that made the cats miserable so my friend rehomed the cats.About 11 or 12 years later, Joshie, the uniquely colored daughter cat appeared on my parents' front doorstep!! She was very thin and dirty but otherwise ok. I located my friend's ex-husband and he took Joshie home to his step-daughters, where she lived to be in her 20s. The 2nd owner had died 2 or 3 years earlier. Joshie had to travel 10 miles through desert and then through about 3 miles of dense riverlands filled with abundant predators including mountain lions, coyotes, bobcat, raccoons, owls, snakes and hawks. It was a miracle, though, and how she remembered our place is amazing - the 2 weeks that Joshie was at my folks' place were completely inside!
Amazing tale, thanks for sharing with us. Take care everybody.:lovecat2::catrub:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You know, I have no clue how it happened, but I forgot about Gray! When I was growing up, I had an enormous tomcat named Gray. He spent most of his time out and about and was MIA when we had to move. I was heartbroken. We moved about 6 miles away, and we all thought the Gray was gone for good. One day, about 8 months later, we heard a meowing outside the door. Dad went to make sure that there wasn't a cat injured or in trouble, opened the door, and THERE WAS GRAY! He found us, all that way, and after all that time.

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,
I'm sorry for not updating for a while I've just been on my own for a while. I wish this never happened. He's not back yet and I don't think he will. I'm turning 15 soon and all I want is just to have him back. Thank you so much for supporting me throughout this whole thing, trust me all your words have helped me a lot. I'm hoping this is not the end of the story and one day he just comes to the door meowing. How amazing would that be. I'm going to continue with updates in case there is any hope left and I know all your prayers are with me which makes me feel better. I'll update soon guys. Thank you so much for everything and I'm sorry again for taking so long to update. :redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::crossfingers: