My Beloved Cat Is Missing! Please Help Me!

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,
My beloved cat recently went missing and I can't stop thinking about him. He is a silver short haired tabby. He recently turned one years old. He went missing on a Sunday at around 12:00AM. My mums friends were over and one of them opened the door and my cat ran out. He is an indoor cat and I let him out sometimes when he gets really fussy. Anyway he just ran out and I came running downstairs and caught a glimpse of him. This has happened once before but he came back at around 5:00AM and quickly managed to slip in through the door when my brother opened it when he was coming in from work. When I woke up that morning I found my cat was sleeping next to me. I thought the same thing would happen this time too so I tried not to stress too much about it but he hasn't come back. I wish I stayed awake to open the door but I had school the next day so I had to go to sleep. I regret it so much, and because of that I've lost my cat. I can't stop the tears. Its now been 2 months and he still hasn't come back. I try not to think about it and just pray that one day I'll come back from school and see him waiting for me on my doorstep but that day hasn't come yet. His first birthday just passed and hes still not home. I've put up posters around my area but no one has called (some mean people tear them down but I keep putting more up). I also told my neighbours to check their sheds and gardens and handed out posters. I'm just praying that someone is taking care of him in their house at least and that hes not suffering. I can't sleep at night without wondering where is he, what hes doing, what hes eating and where is he sleeping. I just hope for the best and I hope someone here can help me get my beloved cat back. I've recently turned 14 years old and I'm starting to get more work at school which keeps me busy sometimes, but majority of the time in my day I can't stop thinking about him. I just don't want to lose him. All I know is that he is very afraid of roads so hopefully he hasn't been hit by a car but behind my house there is a big park and I'm scared he has maybe gone inside and can't find his way back or something. I just don't want him to suffer. My mum keeps trying to make me happy again by telling me that she will get another one for me and stuff but she doesn't understand that it's not the same, and I know all of the people here are quite experts and cat lovers (like myself) and you can understand what my point is. I've recently started thinking about hiring a pet detective person and I wanted to know that do those things really work because I know that they can be quite expensive and I really don't want to get scammed in any type of way. I just wanted to say that I live in the UK so the nights are quite cold and rainy so that adds more stress because I know my cat hates rain and cold. Luckily my cat is micro-chipped but no one has dropped him off anywhere or has had any trace of him. I got him micro-chipped when he had his operation to be neutered (this was suggested by the vet to do them both at the same time). I really wanted to know if there is a chance of him coming back and if one year old cats are even capable of surviving on their own for a couple of months. If any of you have any advice or hope, then please tell me. I will send regular updates on whats going on so far. Please pray for my beautiful cat. Thanks everyone <3

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry guys I forgot to note that my cat hasn't got a collar. x

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you place his litter box outside, on the porch perhaps, he will smell it and come near. Then you can get him back inside. Also, sit outside at dusk and call his name. He will very likely respond.

If he is not fixed, he may be looking for love. This is a real problem. A male cat can travel miles for a female in heat. If he isn't neutered yet, please have that done.

Vibes that he returns home soon!

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you place his litter box outside, on the porch perhaps, he will smell it and come near. Then you can get him back inside. Also, sit outside at dusk and call his name. He will very likely respond.

If he is not fixed, he may be looking for love. This is a real problem. A male cat can travel miles for a female in heat. If he isn't neutered yet, please have that done.

Vibes that he returns home soon!
Okay, will do, but would he even still be around this area as its been 2 months now wouldn't he of gone a bit far? He is already neutered by the way. Thanks for helping x Ill keep updating whats going on.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He may have found another home but it is worth a shot. Hopefully, you eventually know what happened to him. Glad he was neutered. Makes such a difference!

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He may have found another home but it is worth a shot. Hopefully, you eventually know what happened to him. Glad he was neutered. Makes such a difference!
Yeah hopefully, thanks for the advice :)

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes:I am praying that your kitty comes home soon. Cats are very self-sufficient so he is probably either rehomed or is out in that parklike area. Have you tried getting a search & rescue group of neighbors and friends to go out one night with flashlights? A cat's tapetums reflect the light back & that is often the only was that you can spot an elusive cat.

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:vibes:I am praying that your kitty comes home soon. Cats are very self-sufficient so he is probably either rehomed or is out in that parklike area. Have you tried getting a search & rescue group of neighbors and friends to go out one night with flashlights? A cat's tapetums reflect the light back & that is often the only was that you can spot an elusive cat.
Thanks a lot for the support x. I was thinking of getting those cat detective rescue group (they basically have trained dogs and members to help find my cat) but im guessing they are quite expensive but its worth a shot. I just don't want to get scammed thats all. I was just wondering would my indoor cat even be able to survive this long on his own? Hopefully, he is in someones house and happy.

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No news on my cat (his name is Tyga) No one has called or anything. I try to stay positive but now I'm really starting to lose hope. I'm going to call the pet detective people and tell them whats happened. Hopefully, they can help. Please pray that he comes home safe! :(

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
No news on my cat (his name is Tyga) No one has called or anything. I try to stay positive but now I'm really starting to lose hope. I'm going to call the pet detective people and tell them whats happened. Hopefully, they can help. Please pray that he comes home safe! :(
Our hopes and prayers are with you and Tyga

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not time to give up hope yet. We've had members who searched for weeks with no results, only to have their cat turn up again! Still sending good :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: your way!

Catlover!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not time to give up hope yet. We've had members who searched for weeks with no results, only to have their cat turn up again! Still sending good :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: your way!
Thank you so much, im quite relieved after your comment :):hugs::rbheart:

shilpa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I suggest you go out looking for him with your parents or family either early morning or at night and call him by his name. He is neutered so should not have gone far and will respond if he hears your voice. He may be somewhere in the park or your neighborhood. Placing the litter box outside the house is also a good idea. You should also try leaving the door open early mornings or at night. He may try to come back after dark. Cats are self sufficient so he wont be hungry or cold. They are very good at finding food and shelter. My seriously injured cat had escaped and I never had thought I will find her alive after 12 days.

My wishes are with you :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know that you have talked with your neighbors, but have you put flyers out? A typical male cat's home range (the are in which they move but may not fight to defend) is almost two acres, and for males can be more. I've read of cats who moved as much as a square mile, with home about in the center, so you want to check more than JUST your neighborhood.