Mercy

lovefive

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have "more than" insurance . From what Ive read its £8.66 month. I can't claim until after 2 weeks when my first payment has been taken out my bank. Afterwhich I can claim up to £4000 in vet charges but I need to pay an excess fee of £75. Fingers crossed I'll never have to make a claim but its ALWAYS worth having .

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

And on that note we'll be thinking of you @Mamanyt1953. Be well

I chuckled at this one. It sounds like Mercy. Except she chatters more.
OH MY!  This is Hekitty, as well, although there would be squalling and spitting and screaming...on both our parts!

So glad Merci did well.  And they can be so pitiful when they're NPO, and you just can't explain it to them! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mercy was out of surgery by 10 AM .  Dr. Nolan said she is doing wonderful. We're looking at a three week healing process where she is to have soft food only. I really hope this gives us a chance to get dry out of the menu. Mercy loves her Nutro.

She reminded me about a dozen times last night she had no kibble. I heard the treat traps being bounced around. This morning she was beyond pitiful. Then to make the morning perfect she ate a bug she'd played with the night before. I chose not to mention the insect consumption. We can have her back around 3-4 pm. The vet called while I was driving so hubs answered my phone so mostly he just let her talk. he didn't hit speaker but it sounded like the procedure was successful.
i'm so glad the surgery is over, and especially that your little Mercy is 'doing wonderful'!

when i removed dry cat food from our jaspurr's diet, the easiest way to do that was to get the dry food completely out of the house. if they smell the dry food, and they will if it's anywhere in the house, they'll want it and that just makes it much harder -- for you and for them.

awww...poor little girl! our jaspurr was the same way. i swear, it was just as hard on me as it was on him -- giving him no food for 12 hours and no water for 8 hours prior to the dental work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
We are home and my little girl is a bit loopy silly. For the person that asked we have Embrace. had a little problem the beginning of the month but that did get taken care of. All pet insurance seems to require upfront payment. The difference is can your vets office file electronically and how quick are they to pay claims.  I put down some wet and then soaked some of her dry till it was soft. Because of course her eating is more important than the grand plan.

I only had to with hold food from 12 midnight until she was dropped off. And she was allowed water.

Everyone is always curious as to what things cost. I am also beyond happy to hear her teeth and the roots are good. That rules out some major problems for her.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

OH MY!  This is Hekitty, as well, although there would be squalling and spitting and screaming...on both our parts!

So glad Merci did well.  And they can be so pitiful when they're NPO, and you just can't explain it to them! 
Bloody cat! - YouTube   Not bloody that way. English Bloody and you'll laugh till you pee

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Everyone is always curious as to what things cost. I am also beyond happy to hear her teeth and the roots are good. That rules out some major problems for her.
how is your Mook with little Mercy, with the vet smells on her? our jaspurr had both girls following and sniffing him, and punky hissed after sniffing him for a bit too.

jaspurr has been on canned cat food for almost two weeks too, instead of his usual 90% raw/10% canned diet. our vet told me two weeks healing process for jaspurr's dental work, so i'm playing it safe and having him eat canned cat food for the full two weeks.

is/was Mercy really hungry, when she got home? jaspurr was very, very hungry for a few days after his dental work, but he's back to normal now.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

how is your Mook with little Mercy, with the vet smells on her? our jaspurr had both girls following and sniffing him, and punky hissed after sniffing him for a bit too.

jaspurr has been on canned cat food for almost two weeks too, instead of his usual 90% raw/10% canned diet. our vet told me two weeks healing process for jaspurr's dental work, so i'm playing it safe and having him eat canned cat food for the full two weeks.

is/was Mercy really hungry, when she got home? jaspurr was very, very hungry for a few days after his dental work, but he's back to normal now.
She's quite miffed about the soft food but ate. No hissing or other wise. I petted Mercy while she was in the crate then we both petted Mook. Just smearing the love around there. Mercy has a follow up on July 9 and I want to get some pictures then. Dr. Nolan was busy today and I really understand. Everyone wants their kitty back home. I pretty much cried when I seen the x rays showed her roots and the teeth themselves are in great shape.

Great to hear that Jaspurr is doing so well. We're hoping this procedure will let Mercy live a normal life. It was just scary to think of all those tooth extractions being a possibility at her tender age.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy she sailed through that procedure, it can be a little scary. BTW I think it is time for Mook and Mercy pictures to be posted 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She's quite miffed about the soft food but ate. No hissing or other wise. I petted Mercy while she was in the crate then we both petted Mook. Just smearing the love around there. Mercy has a follow up on July 9 and I want to get some pictures then. Dr. Nolan was busy today and I really understand. Everyone wants their kitty back home. I pretty much cried when I seen the x rays showed her roots and the teeth themselves are in great shape.

Great to hear that Jaspurr is doing so well. We're hoping this procedure will let Mercy live a normal life. It was just scary to think of all those tooth extractions being a possibility at her tender age.
poor Mercy...she'd been through a lot!
and then only soft food...
  i'm so glad that Mercy's teeth and their roots are in great shape!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

How is sweetie pie Mercy today?  
It's been a long day. She started out refusing all food. But would happily sit there while I tube fed her some baby food. I think her mouth must feel much different. She's been alert and very playful and affectionate but hesitant to eat on her own. So after giving her some by syringe every few hours At about 8.30 she went over and ate some of her dry food I had soaked in some warm water and added powdered pure bites to. She ate with quite a bit of gusto and is now perched on the cat tree I sit by the front door for them. It's been a long day.

Thank you for asking.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Poor baby.  She's lucky she has such a good Mom to take care of her.  Hopefully she's starting to feel a bit better if she ate on her own tonight.  

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Poor baby.  She's lucky she has such a good Mom to take care of her.  Hopefully she's starting to feel a bit better if she ate on her own tonight.  
She's at the food dish for the third time.  She is refusing all canned food of course and was really put off by the soaked kibble. She was insanely easy to syringe feed.

And she's such a tender little thing. I'm pretty sure she had kissy marks all over her when we got her back yesterday. She loves playing blinky back. It makes me even more overprotective of her.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Aw, that's such good news that she's eating.  I can totally believe she was covered with kissy marks - getting her back safe and sound must have been a tremendous relief.  And how sweet that she blinks with you.  I have never had a cat do that!   As for easy syringe feeding -  what a very good girl.  Her mouth must have been feeling very strange and yet she still trusted you enough to let you feed her that way.  She really is a little doll.  

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Seems our Mercy had a flea. Or tick of some type of creepy crawly and that they are attracted to that extreme puff of a tail. As you might recall we had a vet visit last month over our nauseatingly sweet Mercy growling, snarling and generally not acting like the little buttercup she is. Expressed anal glands. Exams showed nothing.

We have of course been putting on the topical given Rx to prevent heartworm but I believe it is NOT protecting the tail. So after a night of observing not a sick cat but one that was distressed and watching the skin ripple thing we purchased some high quality pet shampoo and some Frontline. We opted to Frontline our unhappy baby because baby going to need a blow out if we wash her. More stress.

Frontline on.

Mad baby cat.

Running around twitching and cat loaf position. Blank stare.

Repeat.

Hour later a warm little fuzzy critter walked up to my chair peeked up and patted me.

Tail carried up and properly poofed .

And then she killed Lamb Chop for an hour.

Yes that's my sweet little serial stuffed animal abuser.

She already has a vet appointment for Saturday.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Poor little Mercy, I hope she is ok. I am glad you are taking her to the vet.
The checkup is for her dental surgery but we're going to discuss the flea issue. It's specific for that tail of hers. I hope the remedy is not to shave it. She's so proud of the dang thing.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

The checkup is for her dental surgery but we're going to discuss the flea issue. It's specific for that tail of hers. I hope the remedy is not to shave it. She's so proud of the dang thing.
I hope the check-up shows she's healing well from the surgery.  And I agree - it would be a shame to shave that glorious tail. It is a real thing of beauty.