Mercy

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

The checkup is for her dental surgery but we're going to discuss the flea issue. It's specific for that tail of hers. I hope the remedy is not to shave it. She's so proud of the dang thing.
NO NOT THE TAIL....it's so....FLOOFY!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
This mornings follow up visit to the vet shows that Mercy's gums have healed perfectly and her little mouth was declared perfect.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, of course her little mouth is perfect, it matches the rest of her...just ask her!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
The clinic was a mad house today. I need to get a picture of Mercy's perfect teeth. Figured I was going to get spanked over her eating kibble instead of wet food. She just refuses to eat it. It's her Nutro or the highway. I don't know how that even happened. Dr. Nolan was fine with it. I love vets that know pet owners don't live in perfect worlds.

And Mercy has gained 4 oz. over the last 10 days.

Toy bin of despair. I realized that our little Mercy is a serial stuffy killer.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It could be worse...Hekitty's favorite toys are the oversized real fur rats.  SHE likes to "give birth" to them, then "nurse"  them, and THEN kill them.  Thank GOD she is spayed!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

It could be worse...Hekitty's favorite toys are the oversized real fur rats.  SHE likes to "give birth" to them, then "nurse"  them, and THEN kill them.  Thank GOD she is spayed!
They say pets often mirror their guardians.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

So what about the fleas?

Margret
The thought is something was getting in that tail and biting her. There appears to be no medical issue present. It ceased with the use of the frontline and the vet is OK with doing that. I'm going to spray the perimeter outside and see if I can halt whatever is coming in and snacking on Mercy.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

No. I just took an easy shot. You left it laying there and I have poor impulse control.
SNORTLE...just one of the many reasons I treasure your friendship!

I am glad to hear that Mercy still has her tail feathers, so to speak.  You might try Borax, it will get rid of fleas.  Don't know about outside.  When Hekitty had that horrible outbreak a bit ago, I fogged, and then put Borax down in the cushions of all my upholstered furniture and between my mattresses to get rid of the ones the fog didn't reach.  Worked like a charm.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I've had good luck using electric flea traps and the heavy duty hepa filter bags on the vacuum.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
So Mercy will be rebranded in the next few days. She's getting a new collar. I wanted a special bell to hang on her collar and came across this whole card on Ebay for 16 bucks.

Since her new collar has ladybugs I picked the strawberry. My husband says she's going to look like Strawberry Shortcake.

And as weird as it might sound I gave the owl to Kitten. She would have gotten it in life.

I can't decide on a bell for Mook. They did have fun batting the card of them around yesterday. And when I took my mail out of the box in the PO I sounded very festive.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Fantastic!  Does she still have that magnificent tail?   
Yes. The vet was fine with me adding frontline if it was needed. And I got a sturdier flea comb. Now if only Mercy or Mook would tell me where their brush went. It was last seen being rolled around with on the floor.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Giving the owl to Kitten sound perfectly perfect.  I'm sure she does get it,

I have a sneaking suspicion that Hekitty's brush is under my chair, which is huge and stuffed with several pillows following a total collapse of its springs.  AND two of the legs are loose, so I can't move it.  Curse you, fiendish pussycat!  not really...you know I adore your smallest whisker...