Meow meo-*ahem* Hello

annabee

Full-time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, everyone! :lovecat:

I discovered this site a few weeks back. It felt like I had discovered, upon chance, a new planet with a well-established civilization. After the reign and fall of MySpace and Tumblr, I figured all the community platforms worth being on were Facebook (as much as I resent it, I love the groups), Reddit, and Discord. It's pleasant to be proven wrong and very exciting to find a feline focused platform. I've enjoyed my time on this site thus far.
Kudos to the founder and all the moderators! :woohoo:

I live in Arkansas with my husband, eight cats, and dog. I'm a graduate student of technical writing, and I work part time as a writing tutor for our online writing lab. Much of my academic and extra-curricular projects are geared toward cat advocacy and research. :bluepaw:

After seeing the footer images in many users' posts here, I wanted to make my own . I haven't yet found out how to do that, so I would appreciate any insight on if that is restricted to particular/paying members or if something is going over my head. Bobcat fever awareness and prevention is something I'm very passionate about (in memory of my sweet boy who passed from its horrendous symptoms in the summer of 2021 — rest in love). :hearthrob:

Beyond pursuing my degree, tutoring, and spending time with cats, I enjoy playing video games with friends (currently Fortnite), watching shows and movies with my husband (currently the MCU), and sewing (currently creating breakaway cat collars and catnip kickers). Thanks for reading my introduction. It's good to be here among fellow cat admirers.

:lovecat3: Anna

Last edited by a moderator:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3656.GIF
annabee and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3369.GIF
to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Do post photos of your kitties for us to see! :camera::camera::camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annabee

Full-time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 460910 annabee and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 460911 to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Do post photos of your kitties for us to see! :camera::camera::camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:
Thank you for the warm welcome!

The second link ("How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post") yields "Oops! That page can’t be found."
Here's a picture of one of my cats. We admire each other equally. :lovecat:
1696386027843.png

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you for the warm welcome!

The second link ("How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post") yields "Oops! That page can’t be found."
Here's a picture of one of my cats. We admire each other equally. :lovecat:
B23897A4-51D3-4BD3-9BCF-7803C930DEA6$L0$001~photo.GIF

Oops! Sorry about that :lol: but glad that you managed to post the photo :thumbsup:

Lovely kitty you've got there :hearthrob: :redheartpump: and we have a special thread here :- Black Cats Only and many fun threads here in Fur Pictures and Videos Only! to showcase what your kitties are up to.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Glad you found us. I have a feeling you're going to love it here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

annabee

Full-time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
wulcome 2 the cite :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: did i trigger your tutor instincts to correct grammar? :welcomesign:
Actually, no! :happycat: You'd think so though, huh? The further I've gotten with writing and tutoring, etc., the more appreciative I've come of new linguistic trends, shorthand, and various styles of writing.

But I did get a kick out of it regardless. Thank you for the welcome! :catman:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A great big weIcome to you and your entire famiIy! I so hope you find the same "second home" here that I did. We are truly a community in aII the best senses of that word. And you are most weIcome here, again!