meet Maverick

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Mav has settled in wonderfully, co-existing with all the other kitties here. Mav and Bug seem to be getting along a lot better!
He's become more "respectful" of my hands, not sinking his claws into me, while petting. He also seems to be becoming a "purr baby" somewhat, and actually sleeping on my bed for most of the night!
Runs back inwards when i open the back door, verbally enticing him with "wanna go out side?" He knows better.
A great house kitty.
That's great to hear!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yo TT. Mav is doing fine. I've finally got him (and the others) trained down to 2 meals per day! An early breakfast and dinner at 7pm. Some dry food is usually down all day, free for the pickens' between main feedings. Trying to prevent huge "cat belly syndrome", of course. I'll post a pic later.

How are you and January?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yo TT. Mav is doing fine. I've finally got him (and the others) trained down to 2 meals per day! An early breakfast and dinner at 7pm. Some dry food is usually down all day, free for the pickens' between main feedings. Trying to prevent huge "cat belly syndrome", of course. I'll post a pic later.

How are you and January?
Glad that Mav is doing well too! Yes, photos please!

Thanks for asking, January and I are fine.

Hope you are good too and stay safe!

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
a delivery package dropped outside our front door today....opened door to get it, and out bolts Mav! Within a minute he went directly down 2 doors to the neighbors garage where he lived prior. He'll be back when his tummy begins growling for food. At which time I'll bribe him to get back in my house.....never to allow this episode to repeat again.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Captain is extremely interested in the outdoors. I read the TCS article about Door Darters
How To Prevent Your Cat From Darting Out The Door - TheCatSite

and decided to try the laser. It works quite well to distract him, but I need to be sure to have a satisfactory "ending", such as having the laser beam end on a toy so it's sort of like prey, rather than just disappearing. He really gets frustrated otherwise.

But, it sure is nice to be able to go out the door without the extra complication of a cat right there underfoot, ready to barrel out at the slightest opportunity.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So late last night he re-appears at the back door......guessing he finally missed his dinner! He's now back inside by his choice. Just fed him a big brekkie. Trust me ......this will never be repeated, totally my fault.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So late last night he re-appears at the back door......guessing he finally missed his dinner! He's now back inside by his choice. Just fed him a big brekkie. Trust me ......this will never be repeated, totally my fault.
Guess he knows where is the best place.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! Don’t know if you have or could use a screen door, but I find it helps as a buffer/shooing mechanism. Someone could make a fortune inventing a totally cat proof door. Glad he’s OK.