meet Buggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bug extremely difficult to get pills into. Regrettably, I've had to withold food to attempt to get him to eat the "drugged" food. Trying every possibility, scenario and method we know...he's a resistant, stubborn SOB.
We're calling the vet for any alternatives he can suggest. i just dunno. This is not within my expertise at all.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried mixing tuna juice in the food or pouring it over the top? That might help disguise the powder.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hide crushed pills (if the vet says pills can be fed crushed) or liquid medicine in wet food. Of course cats are smart and won't eat it so, I sprinkle Purina Feline Fortiflora on the food, works every single time.I just gave some packets of it to a friend who needed to medicate her cat. Worked for her like a charm.I order it on Amazon, vets usually have it but it is much more expensive buying it at the vet. That stuff is also useful in getting cats to try a new food. Many people have luck using Nutritional Yeast for that. That is sold at Whole Foods. When my vet has to give me meds that can't be hidden in food I have her call into a compounding Pharmacy that is in Arizona, they make it into a cream that can be rubbed in the cats ears.That is a little more expensive but, I had also adopted a 6 year old former feral and while he was a doll trying to pill him was an awful experience. The Arizona Pharmacy has the meds delivered very quickly , I live in CA and on average it takes 2 days.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tuna has worked. Bug taking his meds...feeling better...now on a special diet...vet tested and diagnosed him with urinary crystals?

Laya (as in Princess...my wife has taken it upon herself to change her name) has had her inoculations and has tested negative for all the bad stuff. Wormed, debugged (Sorry Bug) ... as of today, she's being released into the general population!

Vet's best guess, she's around 2 year old. I'm hopeful she'll fit in perfect within the social scene.

I hope to get a pic up showing their obvious similarities, yet contrasting huge size difference. Gimme some time.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Tuna has worked. Bug taking his meds...feeling better...now on a special diet...vet tested and diagnosed him with urinary crystals?
Hope Bugs get better after the medication and glad that Layla (what's her nor name) has a clean bill of health and is well accepted into the family :clap:

Yes, please do post photos of them :wink:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you, TT for well wishes for Bug. He's had a rough life....I promised he's gonna get the best I can do.

Amazing news today...my son goaded Bug outside on to the deck...supervised, he walked around a few minutes...then returned indoors entirely ON HIS OWN!

Bug and Laya are still a little unsure of one another...as the others, kind of giving her space. I'm not pushing.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I took Bug outside for a few minutes today! Cool, clear and sunny, he seemed to like it, he ate some wet grass from the garden area but offered no resistance when I urged him back indoors. He's such a good boy.

He and Laya are beginning to tolerate one another...she's territorial, protecting her "safe space" area that used to be HIS room. When she came along, I had no choice but to supplant him, which I regret being forced to do.
I know he's upset "losing" his room...I'm trying to get them to tolerate one another...eating, playing and relaxing together....becoming buds. I know it'll take some time, the room is all Laya knows and is accustomed to. We're trying to introduce her to further explore. She's scared still, though improving.

We'll get there, in time. Dammit, pics, gotta get pics.

Last edited:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd anticipate that when colder weather arrives. Bug and Aslan are the best of buddies, hang out, play, chase, play fight, eat/steal each others foods....Bug has really fit in well. I fully expect Laya to do the same, in time.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:wow:This is awesome! So wonderful to see both of them together in such a short time.

Yea, they may have a link. This is priceless! :banana1:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, TT.
I'll have to get a good pic of both faces....carbon copies. Remarkable that they both appeared in my woods within a 6 month time frame....this is no coincidence...indisputable evidence they were dumped....likely by the same individual...likely from common litters....likely related.

Their habits, mannerisms and characteristics are so similar. Seemed to have quickly bonded, too.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks, TT.
I'll have to get a good pic of both faces....carbon copies. Remarkable that they both appeared in my woods within a 6 month time frame....this is no coincidence...indisputable evidence they were dumped....likely by the same individual...likely from common litters....likely related.

Their habits, mannerisms and characteristics are so similar. Seemed to have quickly bonded, too.
Thank goodness it was you who got Bugs in and now Laya. Seems fated. Kudos to you :rock:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Approx 30 days in, Princess (aka Laya, yup, I spoil her rotten) is venturing out of her room into the laundry room and kitchen, feeling more and more at ease. Quickly bonded to Bug, Aslan and Taz, I firmly believe they are showing her the ropes.
Comparing to my long, difficult ordeal with Bug...she's a piece o' cake, fitting right in to the pack. We are fortunate indeed.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Approx 30 days in, Princess (aka Laya, yup, I spoil her rotten) is venturing out of her room into the laundry room and kitchen, feeling more and more at ease. Quickly bonded to Bug, Aslan and Taz, I firmly believe they are showing her the ropes.
Comparing to my long, difficult ordeal with Bug...she's a piece o' cake, fitting right in to the pack. We are fortunate indeed.
I love your updates. So very happy everyone is getting on. Having adopted 3 adult cats at separate times I too am thrilled at the 'peaceful kingdom' I now live in.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^ ty maureen

Thrilled to report "Princess" , prompted by the others...is now slowly venturing into the kitchen and basement...simply choosing to follow them. All are well behaved and trustworthy...the door to her good sized room is left open 24/7 to entice her exploration, and also allow the others to socialize/play/eat/sleep there. I'm running Club Med for cats, i tell ya' !

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am running club med for cats too. I love what you have done for these cats. You are a testament to patience and commitment. Many people give up to soon. Many others believe that when they are adding a second (or third) cat they have to get a kitten, that is nonsense, you can bring in an adult cat.You sound very happy and I am happy for you and especially for the cats. They hit the jackpot with you!