meet Buggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today my son erred, allowing both cats to sneak outdoors, Bug walked down the driveway a bit. My son caught Aslan first...brought him inside....in the meantime Bug opted to return to the back door (on his own!) and wait to be let back in the house again! Wow.

This evening..in the dark, the other son opens the back door, Bug gets out, goes a few feet...plops down on the deck. Son opens the door...he gets up, comes right back in.

That seals it...he's got no drive to run. He wants to conform, be part of the household now. What a change!

Club Med for dumped cats....right here.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Love it. Bug knows a good thing and doesn't want to risk finding himself left on the wrong side of the "Club Med" door.

I do think it's common for some rescued cats to have no interest in going outside once they find a new home. My Ruby was apparently a stray for a while, and she shows zero interest in going outside.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, you have the cat I had in mind when I rescued Katy from the shelter a year and a half ago. The call of the wild I am afraid is permanently instilled in some cats. At least I know I am not alone, have read others on this site that are dealing with the same thing.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My Indy was born to a feral mom but she doesn't seem to have any feral in her at all.

She has no interest in bolting out the door unless her harness is on.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand, just like people, cats have their own personalities and ways about them. I would adopt another cat if I thought that would help, but Katy is a "me and only me" pet. I guess I understand now what it means when at the shelter, Katy was housed in the cat room where all the cats were caged separately, and were to be adopted into a family as a "One cat only" situation. She does not get along with other cats or dogs for that matter at all!!:cool2: Oh well, this is not my thread, don't want to monopolize here.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bug #2? Bugs' offspring? This thin, young cat ended up outside today....I fed it a bowl of hard food....lets see if he/she returns.
A clone for Bug...just younger, thinner. Here we go again? Where the hell are these black cats coming from?

bug2.JPG

• Purraise
Reactions: RLG

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You do such a fantastic job in socializing and taking these ferals in, it appears the goddess of cats is sending you another subject. Are you going to consider adopting this little waif as well????

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope there isn't an unspayed female who keeps reproducing... That cat looks fairly young possibly a teenage kitten even.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Bug #2? Bugs' offspring? This thin, young cat ended up outside today....I fed it a bowl of hard food....lets see if he/she returns.
A clone for Bug...just younger, thinner. Here we go again? Where the hell are these black cats coming from?
Looks like your vacation time is up! Time to get back to work :lol:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i've got him eating on the deck already...right outside the sliding glass doors. I put the "hot house" out there again, and reactivated the camera out there.
His left ear is clipped...he's been spayed or neutered (or something)
He ate a good portion of canned food today, while I quietly sat about 10 ft away. He meowed to me a number of times.
This guys' not feral...
If all this sounds familiar...it should...I'm basically repeating same strategies used with Bug.
Immediate goal to get closer and friendly...longer term to get him inside....see whether he cares to acclimate in Club Med for cats.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh yea, left clipped ear means it's fixed. He's a male.

Good that he meowed and proably friendly. Guess this one is an easier task.

You're right, do what you did for Bugs.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking last night about Bugs and went looking for this thread. For some reason, the new site has not alerted me to the new posts here, so I was thrilled to read all the updates. He is a beautiful cat!

About the newcomer - this is exactly the reason we built an enclosure. Our house was simply too full. Maybe that would help the newbie? I know when Schofield and Alfred were in the enclosure, no new kitties showed up. They made it clear this was their territory.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hey, hello Ondine! I noticed the new forum layout awhile back, different for sure.

Bug doin' awesome, fully integrated and trusted.....I'm "negotiating" with the new kid....slow but sure. He ate dry food at 5am , returned at 7am looking for canned no doubt....he's spoiled already. Very hungry. I do think he's a stray. Have yet to contact neighbors.

Still in process......

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The neighborhood "stray lady" reports bad news....Bear (Bug's poppa) is missing...likely departed....possibly due to a raccoon problem at her place. As a result, she's been chasing #2 away. No more outdoor cats, no more food outdoors= her attempt to end the raccoon invasion. They (coons) also wrecked some stuff in her yard.

So #2 is mine for the "taking". I'm feeding 2x daily consistently. He's hungry...he's homeless...no known owners.
He's not really sticking around...its eat and run. Where I'm not sure. But we'll keep on keepin' on.

I'll git 'em. We'll give him a good home.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about the racoon thing. Those little buggers are a PITA had one trash a birdfeeder that I really liked. They also wrecked a robin's nest I had been watching the mom and her eggs. Our neighbors who have free run hens also lost a few birds to racoon attacks.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The neighborhood "stray lady" reports bad news....Bear (Bug's poppa) is missing...likely departed....possibly due to a raccoon problem at her place. As a result, she's been chasing #2 away. No more outdoor cats, no more food outdoors= her attempt to end the raccoon invasion. They (coons) also wrecked some stuff in her yard.

So #2 is mine for the "taking". I'm feeding 2x daily consistently. He's hungry...he's homeless...no known owners.
He's not really sticking around...its eat and run. Where I'm not sure. But we'll keep on keepin' on.

I'll git 'em. We'll give him a good home.
God bless you!