meet Buggy

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@bigbadbass

Wow congratulations on bugs rubbing up against yorkie...that also means he accepts him/her...

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh, the other thing I forgot to mention, besides brushing up, you might experience love bites from him. It's not a real bite but it's like he's scrapping or soft gnawing on your skin.

My boy does that to me everytime either on me face or neck or fingers and legs. That shows he loves you [emoji]128149[/emoji]
If you get that, it's a home run!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Mrs helped me supervise...Bug spent nearly 2 hours in the kitchen!  With the Yorkie present too!  He was a bit skittish (understandable) exploring, sniffing everything, everywhere...a bit nervous.  

He repeatedly went back into "his room", just checking his escape route and safe spot was still there, I guess.  I gave him full freedom, not dissuading him at all.

Perfect behavior....and beyond...he ate sliced chicken from my hand today!  Repeated petting , there was a fist bump too!  

He chose to go back into his room now...all the excitement inspired little Evis to take a nap. He had a long day.  

Darn, I'm so preoccupied and proud with his daily progress I'm forgetting pics.  

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The Mrs helped me supervise...Bug spent nearly 2 hours in the kitchen!  With the Yorkie present too!  He was a bit skittish (understandable) exploring, sniffing everything, everywhere...a bit nervous.  

He repeatedly went back into "his room", just checking his escape route and safe spot was still there, I guess.  I gave him full freedom, not dissuading him at all.

Perfect behavior....and beyond...he ate sliced chicken from my hand today!  Repeated petting , there was a fist bump too!  

He chose to go back into his room now...all the excitement inspired little Evis to take a nap. He had a long day.  

The fact that, "he ate sliced chicken from my hand today," turns the corner.  Well done - you now belong to him.

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

YES YES AND YES!!!!Oh and YAY!!!! You guys have made such great strides!!!Way to go all of this perseverance and hard work and love is paying off [emoji]128062[/emoji] [emoji]128008[/emoji] [emoji]128049[/emoji] [emoji]128568[/emoji] [emoji]128570[/emoji] [emoji]128571[/emoji] [emoji]128568[/emoji] [emoji]128008[/emoji] [emoji]128049[/emoji] [emoji]128062[/emoji]

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been following your adventure with Bug from Day 1. Just want to say kudo's to you for your commitment to this lucky cat. His progress is just wonderful.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

What more can I say? I say this is wonderful!!!! :banana1: :banana2: :banana1: :banana2:

Photos! Photos! Photos! And lots of it! :pix: :pix: :pix:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Repeat this morning, kitchen again a couple hours. The ossicat (name is Aslan) and he faced off...did some butt sniffin' (ewwww), some playing and just a moment of light batting (feeling each other out)    Overall, they took to one another very well. 

Purposely played with a wand toy with Aslan right smack in front of Bug....he had a light bulb moment...seeing us play...and realizing I was never intending to beat him with the wand toy at all....it was all meant to be FUN the whole time!  He's thinkin'...."ahhhh....fun!  Now I get it"    Damn if he didn't join right in!  Now I know the full meaning of "copycat". 

I'm ecstatic of his progress, something new daily. I'm super relieved he's playing...exercise and stress release needed in his best interests.  

He's still skittish...frequently checking back into his room for assurance, but fitting right in.

Next focus will be...introducing him to upstairs family room and bedrooms. And a hissing Bengal.  

Bug now in his room...taking his normal morning nap. 

Here's a pic from this morning...eyes open, focused and aware of his surroundings.  The NEW Bug...errr..Bagheera.....again using his proper name.  

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He's a lucky kitty.  I think he might be figuring that out.

Blessings on you for your patience and caring.
Blessings indeed - and on both.  He's a beautiful cat, and the fact that he and the ocicat actually played at the same time, is wonderful, as has been his interaction with the Yorkie.  Perhaps you have a gift, G. - and if not, then The Bug himself is a Gift in all events.

This thread should be required reading, from start to finish, for anyone who's confounded or overwhelmed at the prospect of integrating another cat into the home.  There might even be a bestseller in it....

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, y'all.  So many issues now resolved....safety, his roaming, neutering, health, blood testing, deworming, domestication (for the most part) 

For days after his neutering I questioned his health (depression? and constant sleeping) his willingness to become an inside cat (he was reclusive and anti-social) and my ability to effectively deal with these issues (seriously lacking knowledge and experience) 

As his current photo details, he (we) turned the corner, happy & healthy, relaxed, active, awake, ALIVE, a member of the family..... only a dream back in late October when we first encountered the scared, starving, lost, wandering Bug. 

It DOES require massive commitment. Time, effort, tons of patience...a positive outlook for the long haul when stuff goes wrong (it will).

Add a wealth of support and knowledge from many forum members. @Ondine  pegged him as a younger kitty right from the getgo...and with @TabbyTom  advised me step by step from way back. @1CatOverTheLine, @imjustacatmom  ....you guys all know your stuff!   Many others who have offered great info and ideas to help and support us both throughout the last couple months...you've been amazing.     

To think y'all walked a dumb, biker, cat newbee through this complicated process ...amazing.... Bagheera (Bug) and I thank you all! 

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@bigbadbass

Amazing...love it...love every second of it...and like @Ondine said you have done all the work...glad that I could be of some sort of assistance...blessings to you both

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
To think y'all walked a dumb, biker, cat newbee through this complicated process ...amazing.... Bagheera (Bug) and I thank you all! 
Don't mention it, you are most welcomed. We do what we can to help. Though sometimes things don't turn out the way it should be but the most important part is you and from you.

We are happy for you too to see the great transformation in this episode and we hope all things will continue to go smoothly from here. Do keep this thread going and keep us updated from time to time and it's ok if even it's everytime as we don't mind as we are already a part of Bug's life.

Remember to post lots of Bugs photos and cherish and love him and send him our love and hugs [emoji]10084[/emoji]