meet Buggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fitting right in...the amigo's actually ate from Bugs bowl this morning, Bug so graciously allowing Aslan to knosh a bit!  

Aslan playing with a catnip square.....Bug then HAD to try it!  The first time ever I've seen catnip interest him. 

Aslan is schooling him...and Bug a most willing student.    Hmmm, if I could only teach Aslan to change the oil in my motorcycles.....  : )

And 2 Bug vocalizations to report this morning.....

a high pitched  "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" 

and a lower pitched  "EARP"  (as in Wyatt Earp) 

These were done during early morning playtime after brekkie with Aslan ...suffice to say he's content. 

We're now on 1st nap of the day for both of them....waking, eating, exploring and playing for a couple hours is SO TIRING!  

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That's very good news! Sharing without fuss is living in harmony.

As for the vocalizations, me can't make it out but I guess he's becoming chatty and is happy.

Good that he has interest in the catnip as not all cats responds to it.

More photos please!

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@bigbadbass

I do think you may have a talker on your hands and because as you put it such a willing student I gather he is much like a sponge taking it all in as he has never felt like this before....so I think this is par for the learning course

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
G - offline for a day and a half because of the massive windstorm, so let me add my congratulations as well - and thanks for the great photos !

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if it's just a shadow but it looks like bug is uneasy in that photo airplane ears and his tail looks slightly squirrely.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^ How *very* perceptive.....pic was taken during a break before/after/within a play session ...they taunt each other, do the coiling up thing...pounce and chase, which no doubt commenced after the pic was taken.

This point in the house is the furthest away from his room Bug has ventured....he's still somewhat skittish in exploration...and retreats back to the security of his room whenever he chooses. Still hasn't been upstairs and I've chosen to ban him from the cellar at this point...too much stuff (a workshop) to get in trouble with down there.  

Bug very vocal again this morning...and pouncing like a 3 month old while playing. The amigos enjoy chasing one another.

Aslan turn
on bike guard duty....If you value your life as much as I value this bike.....STAY BACK!     : ) 

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
^ How *very* perceptive.....pic was taken during a break before/after/within a play session ...they taunt each other, do the coiling up thing...pounce and chase, which no doubt commenced after the pic was taken.

This point in the house is the furthest away from his room Bug has ventured....he's still somewhat skittish in exploration...and retreats back to the security of his room whenever he chooses. Still hasn't been upstairs and I've chosen to ban him from the cellar at this point...too much stuff (a workshop) to get in trouble with down there.  

Bug very vocal again this morning...and pouncing like a 3 month old while playing. The amigos enjoy chasing one another.

Aslan turn

on bike guard duty....If you value your life as much as I value this bike.....STAY BACK!     : ) 
That's great to hear that they are playing together. Most likely this was the part of his life that was left out during his wandering days.

It's good that he is venturing to other part of the house. Let him do it at his own pace and make sure nothing spooks him. Otherwise it's back to square one.

Some cats are protective over their stuffs, especially there's a new cat in the house. So maybe that's why Aslan is staying by the bike and proclaiming that it's his. Stay off! :lol3:

Last edited:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This Ducati bike is stored every winter inside Bugs' room...Bug also likes that particular spot, "hiding" underneath the bike....so i think there's a minor turf war going on.

There is no doubt... Bug had NO friends, human or feline, when he was out. Quite the contrary...he was scared, unapproachable. If he wasn't a true feral, he definitely picked up feral tendencies. Unfortunately we'll never know his true history...where from, how long, how'd he end up here ...   

I'm SO glad they get along well. Its stimulating for Bug...interested in playing and interacting whenever Asland is around. I can see he instantly perks up.

After morning playtime, I get coffee, they lay out, relax and look at eachother.  I'm also relieved Bug has a friend and is exposed to a positive social environment.       

A 3rd cat...Taz, a Bengal, has stayed upstairs, completely avoided Bug to this point. He'll be the next obstacle, in time.    

October '16....an early pic of Bug while outside...notice he was skinny and hungry, very hungry.    

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
October '16....an early pic of Bug while outside...notice he was skinny and hungry, very hungry.    
Yes, there is no doubt that Bugs had to act feral to fend for himself as the trust in humans while he was wandering diminishes. But it was great that the turn over for him when you took him in was better than expected.

Does Taz knows that Bugs is here and vice versa?

Yes, he is now much more well nourished than before. Thanks to you :clap:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Taz and Bug have seen each other from a distance. Taz hissed and retreated to upstairs. 

Not pushing it, Bug is still very skittish away from his room. Needs time. 

@TabbyTom  you are in Singapore? 

@Ondine  curiously absent? 

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Taz and Bug have seen each other from a distance. Taz hissed and retreated to upstairs. 

Not pushing it, Bug is still very skittish away from his room. Needs time. 

@TabbyTom
 you are in Singapore? 
Yes, no rush. Take it easy.

Right on, I'm in and from Singapore

Last edited:

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

@ Ondine curiously absent? 
Sorry, guys, I was away - we sold the house in New Jersey!!!!!

This is such good news about Bugs and Aslan - you are handling things just right.  Do Aslan and Taz get along?

Does Taz's name indicates his personality?

They may be like all my cats.  Each has established a personal territory within the house (a tree, the top of a bureau, a particular bed).  For the most part, they really just co-exist - only two will groom one another.  The only time trouble starts is if one invades another's 'territory."

I was stunned when we came back after a week away and no one was wounded!  The baby sitter said there was some fur flying but apparently nothing too bad, thank goodness.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Ondine   Welcome back and congrats on home sale! Thats a biggy. Obviously missed your presence here. Incredible headway made with Bug. Yes, I do notice Bug is acclimating to the territory within "his room" area. He's very comfortable anywhere within a quick trot into his space.  

Stretching his venturing distance, he becomes timid. Again, house strange and new to him...size, smells, sounds, inhabitants. I guess I'm expecting a lot in a short period of time.

@TabbyTom  Wow! on the other side of the world! hope I'm not keeping you up over there : )

"I don't want a pickle...just want to ride on my motor sickle" (quote Arlo Guthrie)  

But CAN'T...send warm weather... just low 20's today and large snowstorm forecast for Tuesday. 

#comeonspringdammit

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bug beginning to explore a bit...climbed up the stairs to 2nd floor today..he looked around a bit...visibly skittish...then returned to his known safe area. In his own time, no reason to push him. 

When opening the sliding glass door to let dog out...if nearby, Bug exibits NO desire to attempt escape, none whatsoever.

I'm convinced more than ever he's an ex-housecat. He's content and indoors for good, he's got no desire to go out.

I'll explore an enclosure or catio when warm weather returns.  

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bug routinely venturing upstairs now...still skittish somewhat but I can trust him, leave him on his own, to an extent.  Still keeping an eye out for mischief.

Taz hisses at him, still some trust and bonding to gain there, but I can report Bug is 95% integrated.

About 5 months...beginning to end.