Male cat not able to pee. Help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So glad the vet was able to empty his bladder and help your cat. By any chance, did they offer any pain meds to help him feel more comfortable?

You were so assertive with the first vet and such a great advocate for your cat. Woo hoo!
He prescribed prednisolone to him. The vet said it will help with the pain.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is truly my honor and a privilege to be able to help you and your kitties in any way I can. Whenever you may need us, in the coming days, and beyond, I swear we WILL BE HERE for you.

Keep us posted on your kitty's progress. We are rooting for you every step of way - and, always, always will be. :hugs::hearthrob::redheartpump:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow, what an incredible situation and story and good for you for sticking to what you wanted to have happen for your cat!

Do you have replacement diapers so you can change them fairly frequently so his skin doesn't get urine scald? This link is for kittens but the information is applicable to your situation.

Urine Scald — Kitten Lady

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, what an incredible situation and story and good for you for sticking to what you wanted to have happen for your cat!

Do you have replacement diapers so you can change them fairly frequently so his skin doesn't get urine scald? This link is for kittens but the information is applicable to your situation.

Urine Scald — Kitten Lady
Yes, I bought some cat diapers.
Thank you for the link. I will check it out

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your support and advice you gave me . I was in lot of stress and was extremely terrified these two days.. without your support it would have been very difficult for me to be stable. No amount of thanks and gratitude is ever enough to express how much this community have helped & supported me. Thank you all wonderful people for being my strength in times of exhaustion. Your service is truly irreplaceable.
8a62ff72b86f3e772edf418371ab2b89.jpg

Thank you for your love towards your kitty and for not giving up on him and thank you for your appreciation :clapcat:

We are always here and ready to help out whichever way we can and this is a very helpful and concern community that really care for the cats and their hoomans.

Do keep us updated on the progress of your cat's recovery.

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner @catsknowme iPappy iPappy @Kflowers tabbytom tabbytom @marshmallow2013 fionasmom fionasmom A Alldara @downton ali reba reba @AbbysMom

Thank you all so much for your support and advice you gave me . I was in lot of stress and was extremely terrified these two days.. without your support it would have been very difficult for me to be stable. No amount of thanks and gratitude is ever enough to express how much this community have helped & supported me. Thank you all wonderful people for being my strength in times of exhaustion. Your service is truly irreplaceable.
Had I been in your shoes, I would have been every bit as terrified. I hope he's improving and is getting better with each passing hour. :catrub: Are you able to get some rest yourself? I'm sure you must be exhausted.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dheeksha Dheeksha

How is kitty doing today and how are you too?
He looks better than yesterday but still very weak. There is some blood in his urine. Took him to the hospital for IV fluids. Vet gave him some injections and Prescribed a syrup for UTI. He told me to change his diet. He is saying that I'm giving him a high protein diet. The protein got attached to his bladder walls and it caused the blockages. He said If I won't change his diet this will repeat again. I'm giving him the best food available in the market. Now I don't know what to give him. I thought dry food was the culprit but he is saying i should stop feeding him high protein diet. Currently I'm feeding him farmina wet food.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am glad to hear that there is some progress! I keep hoping to hear more!

There are a lot of vets, even here in the US, that think high protein can attribute to kidney disease, but IMO, that is not exactly the same as urinary tract problems. There are also cats who are - for whatever reason - prone to urinary blockages. Most, end up having to have what they call PU (perineal urethrostomy).

For now, I wouldn't worry so much about changing his diet, and more importantly working on getting him through recovery. We can explore more about the other possible issues when you have had a chance to allow both of you to recover a bit.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He looks better than yesterday but still very weak. There is some blood in his urine. Took him to the hospital for IV fluids. Vet gave him some injections and Prescribed a syrup for UTI. He told me to change his diet. He is saying that I'm giving him a high protein diet. The protein got attached to his bladder walls and it caused the blockages. He said If I won't change his diet this will repeat again. I'm giving him the best food available in the market. Now I don't know what to give him. I thought dry food was the culprit but he is saying i should stop feeding him high protein diet. Currently I'm feeding him farmina wet food.
He's had a very difficult and exhausting experience, and so have you! Once he's feeling better you could explore some different foods, but if he's still eating what he's used to, let him eat what he wants to get strong again. Is he drinking water? You could add some water to his food to encourage more fluid intake that will help keep his bladder flushed.
How are YOU doing? You've had a terrible time, I hope you're feeling optimistic and have been able to get some rest. :hugs:

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always hesitate to ask, but feel compelled to ask - how are things? :hearthrob::redheartpump:
Hi, He's doing good. I changed his diet to wet food completely. He's more active and happier now.
In may, my other cat got severely injured due to a fight with one of my other cats. He got recovered too.
I'm very sorry for not giving an update. After everything returned to normal.. I was busy with all the pending works and didn't see your message.
I'm very much grateful for the love and concern you all wonderful people show for him 🤗.

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi, He's doing good. I changed his diet to wet food completely. He's more active and happier now.
In may, my other cat got severely injured due to a fight with one of my other cats. He got recovered too.
I'm very sorry for not giving an update. After everything returned to normal.. I was busy with all the pending works and didn't see your message.
Great to hear that you cat is ok.