Male cat not able to pee. Help

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All of your questions are valid, but until he can again be seen by a vet, anything we say is purely speculation. It is true that he may need to stay in the hospital, but for as much as you can, make sure you know what they plan to do and why. I understand the vets don't like to be questioned, but you seem to have in the past found some delicate balance between 'questioning' them and getting details without offending them. Make your talents shine again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My other cats are eating their morning meal. He showed interest in it but I guess he can't eat it. Which means he still has appetite, right?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How long will it take for the organs to get damaged. He started vomiting since yesterday night. Previously he never vomited.
I really wish I knew, but as another poster mentioned it hasn't been a super long time so hopefully once he gets into the vet and gets his bladder drained out, you'll get more answers. You're doing so much for him.
Is he still vomiting?

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really wish I knew, but as another poster mentioned it hasn't been a super long time so hopefully once he gets into the vet and gets his bladder drained out, you'll get more answers. You're doing so much for him.
Is he still vomiting?
No, 2-3 hours ago he tried to vomit but nothing came. After that he is not nauseating.
He is making faint sounds. It is frightening me.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dheeksha, how far is VETS4PETS Hospital open 24 hours in your area?
Address: 49-45-17&18, Lalitha Nagar, Akkayyapalem, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 530016, India
Phone: +91 80741 68690
They have great reviews. Please try calling them.
Yesterday I called them.. they didn't pick up the call

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
If that fellow do not catheter him today. I will go to some other vet immediately.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If that fellow do not catheter him today. I will go to some other vet immediately.
Definitely a good idea. Make sure you have other places in mind that you can get to in a hurry. Keep their address and phone numbers on hand so you can call and know how to get there.
Are you planning to drive him to the vets yourself?

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Definitely a good idea. Make sure you have other places in mind that you can get to in a hurry. Keep their address and phone numbers on hand so you can call and know how to get there.
Are you planning to drive him to the vets yourself?
Yesterday when I called all the clinics.. some of them recommended me 2-3 clinics.. they said these clinics might catheter cats. As it was Sunday yesterday they were not available. Today I think I can find some vets for sure.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Showing an interest in eating is also a hopeful sign. Why do you say he can't eat it?
They will sedate him again today, right? Is that ok? In addition to anesthesia he gave those drops too.
My mom is saying those drops might be diazepam. The vet said it will relax his bladder. I gave those drops thrice yesterday.

downton ali

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
PS. I also I am also going to push-back strongly with any advice that herbs can alleviate suffering in a blocked cat. If you walk into any emergency clinic in the US with a cat with these symptoms they will push you to the front of the line, that’s how serious a condition it is.
Yep, this is exactly what happened with my cat. They whisked him into the emergency room as soon as I arrived after spending a night straining to urinate and vomiting. He was blocked due to struvite crystals. He ended up needing surgery after they unblocked him, because he was blocked again less than 2 weeks later (he had a tiny urethra).