Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
nope its still here. I will try to get a picture of it but If I could get into the testloop and get to the top of the loop then I could get a better picture. Its a very beautiful bird with a tan chest and the back is browns/reds. very majestic. they had someone here set up a trap with mice in it-its on something up high I guess=not sure how that will work because I was taught to never leave a trap unattended. He/She was flying back and forth in the heavy bay area-we have a 100 ton crane down there so the height of the building is pretty high-I forget how many feet...we have some huge huge parts to move so we need the clearance to fly the components. the first week I was here I was petrified by the big round shiny things that were too big to work on without a lift but now I am so used to it that it doesn't bother me...its hot too. the guys are eating lots of popsicles=they bought them these instead of Gatorade-we used to buy it as concentrate and I would mix it in a 5 gallon jug and put it in that water dispenser but the guy who contracts the water got super ticked off so we couldn't do it anymore not to mention someone kept asking if it was sterile water-some of these guys are really-whats the word?? super crybaby and ruin it for other people=no one had an issue with the premade Gatorade but hey whatever works for them right? Now they get popsicles..

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm just about to leave Philadelphia. I had a great time! I miss my kitties though. My mom sent me a cute video of Tesla playing with bubble wrap while I was away. Its really low quality though. I got really homesick and I was watching all my vodeos of my kitties. I decided to upload this one of Tesla playing fetch to youtube. He's such a cutie. I miss him so much! I miss Zazzie and Kiwi too!

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
now that is the cutest video I have seen today!! I love it!! your baby has similar eyes as Honeybees and the same expression. I cant get honeybee to play fetch but she will chase things that I toss across the room. She loves loose rugs in the kitchen-she rolls up inside it and beats them up with a toy mouse inside. its the funniest thing!

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
now that is the cutest video I have seen today!! I love it!! your baby has similar eyes as Honeybees and the same expression. I cant get honeybee to play fetch but she will chase things that I toss across the room. She loves loose rugs in the kitchen-she rolls up inside it and beats them up with a toy mouse inside. its the funniest thing!
foxxycat foxxycat

Omg. My cat Zazzie does something similar to rugs but I don't think she means to do it. She gets her claws stuck in them and ends up all tangled up in the rug! Sometimes I have to help her get out.

Last edited:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just being herself and hanging out with my brother in law and sister in law and us of course and let us not for get our dog Kira too
That is a beautiful cat tree. Where'd you get it?

nope its still here. I will try to get a picture of it but If I could get into the testloop and get to the top of the loop then I could get a better picture. Its a very beautiful bird with a tan chest and the back is browns/reds. very majestic. they had someone here set up a trap with mice in it-its on something up high I guess=not sure how that will work because I was taught to never leave a trap unattended. He/She was flying back and forth in the heavy bay area-we have a 100 ton crane down there so the height of the building is pretty high-I forget how many feet...we have some huge huge parts to move so we need the clearance to fly the components. the first week I was here I was petrified by the big round shiny things that were too big to work on without a lift but now I am so used to it that it doesn't bother me...its hot too. the guys are eating lots of popsicles=they bought them these instead of Gatorade-we used to buy it as concentrate and I would mix it in a 5 gallon jug and put it in that water dispenser but the guy who contracts the water got super ticked off so we couldn't do it anymore not to mention someone kept asking if it was sterile water-some of these guys are really-whats the word?? super crybaby and ruin it for other people=no one had an issue with the premade Gatorade but hey whatever works for them right? Now they get popsicles..
They were better off with the Gatorade. At least that had some nutrients they were losing, while popsicles are just frozen syrup. (Literally--they make popsicles with the same formula they use for soda minus the carbonation.)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've decided to submit an adoption application for Lily Potter. I visited her today, and she is so affectionate - chirped and purred right away and nudged my hand to get me to pet her. Mingo doesn't much like to be petted, so Lily is my girl. Here's a pic of her from the rescue website.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've decided to submit an adoption application for Lily Potter. I visited her today, and she is so affectionate - chirped and purred right away and nudged my hand to get me to pet her. Mingo doesn't much like to be petted, so Lily is my girl. Here's a pic of her from the rescue website.

Awwwwww! What a cutie! I love her name too. I hope you get approved to adopt her! Was there anyone else looking to adopt her?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[quote name="Raina21" 3rurl="/t/318208/lets-babble-our-way-to-post-4-000-000-and-win-prizes-too/4440#post_4073936"]
Awwwwww! What a cutie! I love her name too. I hope you get approved to adopt her! Was there anyone else looking to adopt her?[/quote]

I hope not! They promised to put a "Adoption pending" sign on her cage. She is a real sweetie. I let Mingo smell my hands when I came back, and he was curious, but indifferent.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

My new camera has arrived!  
   Unfortunately I can't start playing with it yet because I am still tidying and cleaning.  I can only manage 10-15 min per hour before I have to go back to bed so progress is slow.   I will be glad when I have my energy back.  Meanwhile I am beginning to think my place looks fine and that the new camera needs attention.  It's spent all its life in a box, after all. 
It would only be the humane thing to do.  And I can tell you by long field study of the subject, the DIRT WILL STAY RIGHT THERE till you get back to it.

come on it can't be that bad Margd. I have weeks of dust in the bedrooms..I am not doing anything about it until the fall. other than a vacuum where I can reach. which is not much because of the junk in the way at the foot of the bed... God I hate it when people come over--we have cat toys and my clothes hanging on the back of the couch-we clean the bath and kitchen daily so at least I dont look too much like a slob. I am sorry you have been under the weather-=I was wondering why I haven't seen you on here...take it easy!! How is your daughter by the way??

I am planning on finding the pattern for a sampler I had a while back.  It read, "Dust testing in progress.  Please do not disturb samples."

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The hawk sounds so cook. I wish you could post a pic of it too. 
 (I mean no offense, and I know everyone grieves differently. Here's what we did; we buried the deceased animals--Merlin, Goku, Sissy, and Slipper--and let nature grow over the graves to hide them. It made us feel better to see them return to earth like that, but that's just our family. Give it time to heal.)

Probably a good idea to hold off until the weather cools. I don't know how it is in New York, but we're breaking triple digits--and it's raining every day!

I'm glad to hear that Ruby is integrating well. Poor Carrot! I hope he gets used to her soon! (Good job on the food!)

I think that's why I keep seeing mattress commercials that advertise both cooling and heating elements int he mattress so that both "him and her" sides can be the perfect temperature. I doubt this is a unique issue. 

That is a beautiful cat tree. Where'd you get it?

They were better off with the Gatorade. At least that had some nutrients they were losing, while popsicles are just frozen syrup. (Literally--they make popsicles with the same formula they use for soda minus the carbonation.)
I'm actually in WA state. Not New York. 

She's so adorable. I am so glad that you decided to fill out the adoption form. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
After they finished power washing my building it was decided that the paint is in good shape on the walls and will not need painting.
However, the trim and the wrought iron and the floors on the walkways do. So the trim on my outside wall has been done, they had this huge contraption with a sort of a cage for the painters and their power spray guns that could be moved on this giant arm without moving the base and got all the trim done on that one side in one day. I don't know if the other side has already been done or what. Then they started to paint all the woodwork between the two buildings, painted all the front doors a lighter more neutral shade, not that ugly old rose-pink as before,
after taking the wrought iron off the doors and taping the door knobs. Then all the wrought iron railings and the decorative wrought iron on the front doors were painted a shiny black. Those guys covered all the plants people had on the walkways with burlap so the spray and splatter would not get on them.

When I went down to the garage the painters were even painting the walls of the room where the dumpster for the garbage chute is kept. It really needed it, the walls were pretty dirty with messy people dumping things in there that are too big for the chute and they are too lazy to pick them up and putting them into the dumpster itself. Some people!

Once they have painted all the floors on the walkways this building will look really nice again,
a lot of dirt accumulates in 10 years, that's how often the buildings get painted.

They are all stucco on the outside but they are made with a lot of wood and plaster and lath to give the buildings elasticity because of the constant earth tremors and yes, every once in a while earthquakes. This way they don't crack, only the stucco does and that is what the workmen were repairing before the washing and painting. California does not build with brick and mortar.
The native peoples used to build with adobe and really thick walls which kept them warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Some of those buildings still exist, they don't fall down during earthquakes either.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm actually in WA state. Not New York. 

She's so adorable. I am so glad that you decided to fill out the adoption form. 
Sorry about that. 
 I thought, from your username, that you were in New York (state, if not city).

After they finished power washing my building it was decided that the paint is in good shape on the walls and will not need painting.
However, the trim and the wrought iron and the floors on the walkways do. So the trim on my outside wall has been done, they had this huge contraption with a sort of a cage for the painters and their power spray guns that could be moved on this giant arm without moving the base and got all the trim done on that one side in one day. I don't know if the other side has already been done or what. Then they started to paint all the woodwork between the two buildings, painted all the front doors a lighter more neutral shade, not that ugly old rose-pink as before,
after taking the wrought iron off the doors and taping the door knobs. Then all the wrought iron railings and the decorative wrought iron on the front doors were painted a shiny black. Those guys covered all the plants people had on the walkways with burlap so the spray and splatter would not get on them.

When I went down to the garage the painters were even painting the walls of the room where the dumpster for the garbage chute is kept. It really needed it, the walls were pretty dirty with messy people dumping things in there that are too big for the chute and they are too lazy to pick them up and putting them into the dumpster itself. Some people!

Once they have painted all the floors on the walkways this building will look really nice again,
a lot of dirt accumulates in 10 years, that's how often the buildings get painted.

They are all stucco on the outside but they are made with a lot of wood and plaster and lath to give the buildings elasticity because of the constant earth tremors and yes, every once in a while earthquakes. This way they don't crack, only the stucco does and that is what the workmen were repairing before the washing and painting. California does not build with brick and mortar.
The native peoples used to build with adobe and really thick walls which kept them warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Some of those buildings still exist, they don't fall down during earthquakes either.
Congratulations! (And I understand not building with brick and mortar for earthquakes. I can tell you, from the last time we had one--a couple years ago during the worst  winter we've had to date--they don't weather tremors very well.)

It would only be the humane thing to do.  And I can tell you by long field study of the subject, the DIRT WILL STAY RIGHT THERE till you get back to it.

I am planning on finding the pattern for a sampler I had a while back.  It read, "Dust testing in progress.  Please do not disturb samples."
 Cross stitch? Or embroidery?

She is a pretty cat! 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ruby was playing with our dog earlier. She loves chasing after her wagging tail. I'm trying to get the cats to be less uptight. Everyone got wiped down with some cat bath wipes today to help with that. 

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So its been about 7 hours since I got off my last flight and got home. My ears are still ringing from the sounds of the jet engines. I'm actually debating sleeping with earplugs tonight because my ears are ringing so bad. Anyone else ever have this issue after flying in a plane? I have flown before and I think this is the first time this has happened to me.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't say I ever had ears ringing. I have had my sinuses mess up bad from the altitude.

I woke up to a fuzzy kitty on my chest with my face against her back-Honeybee! She was waiting for me to wake up to let her out. It wasn't light out yet either so we had to wait a bit.

The hawk is still flying around and they set a trap with some mice but I think if they shut the lights out and send everyone home with the doors open he will fly out on his own. I hope he doesn't pass away stuck in here. It would be a crime. The fish and game folks didn't really seem to know what they are doing as the trap they have set up is not that big and honestly it looks like it would injure him anyways. Hoping the bird decides to fly out soon. I don't want him to starve to death. I told them I would go buy some mice and rabbits and set up a pen where he could fly down and have a snack. I hate the thought of any animal starving.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to get caught up on all the babbling after two days of little to no internet service.  Things seem to have settled down though, hopefully for awhile.  Meanwhile my apartment got cleaned from top to bottom by a pair of magicians and it looks respectable again.  My  pre-cleaning paid off - they actually knocked 1/3 off the quoted price. To everyone who pointed out that there are more important things than worrying about a little mess - this is my philosophy as well.  However, this mess was more than little and even I had grown uncomfortable with it, which is saying something. 

Some how in all the cleaning, my memory card for the new camera disappeared so I have yet to take any photos.  It's all charged up and ready to go as soon as the card arrives later today.  While waiting, I'll be putting a cat tree together.

@foxxycat   There might be a local hawk fanciers group that will come get it for you.  Poor thing must be so stressed out.

@DreamerRose Lilly Potter is really beautiful.  She has such a beautiful face, too.  Congratulations on the upcoming adoption!

whatsername85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, I'm horrible at getting online everyday it seems, been having battery issues between my phone and my tablet. It's just way to hot to spend much time upstairs on the pc and every time I do it has some new Windows update (everyday in the last 3 days!) Let's see, next week my sister is supposed to come hopefully she's had to postpone 3 times, Sam got neutered, microchipped and he gets his last booster next week. Casull wasn't feeling well the night before last he was whimpering and yesterday he wasn't acting right. I snuggled up with him and I kind of think that he feels displaced by Sammy a bit. Not that I ignore Casull, far from it but Sammy constantly wants my attention and needs to be wherever I am. So I'm going to look at planning a Casull and mom activity evening. Trying to get and keep the house cleaned up. Have to go to the store, get food, garbage bags and probably more litter. I think my oldest girl Eevon is having incontinense issues so I'm looking into getting her something for that and I may have to take her back into the vet. My room is a horrible mess I haven't done anything with it in so long so this week or next week I have to organize and clean. I'm going to go shelf shopping at Goodwill or some thrift store to build a wall unit for Sam and I'm going to see about mounting his door scratcher on the wall because he doesn't like how it swings and I can't tighten it to the door handle. I've had a really cool idea about making a 1yr calendar with Sam's pictures I don't have a newborn picture but I have a 6 week picture. I want to print and frame some of the adorable pictures I have of casull, eevon and rein maybe a collage type. I'd like to do calendars for them too. I need to scoop and clean turtle tanks today or tomorrow. Angus is leaving a mess with his food and Terrence has been in his tank eating because it's been so hot outside his water just gets way way too hot in his "pond" if I could keep the water moving it may not be so bad but right now it's the best I can do. Angus has grown substantially since finding him in may the ridge on his back is almost all gone and his colors have changed a lot. May was my month for finding animals lol Sam likes to watch the turtles meet and greet, he's a supervisor. I'm trying to keep Sam off the dining table and the kitchen counters with no luck. We do different things at the table besides eating like sewing, wrapping, I use it when I repair things or tear things down and he wants to be in the middle of it all watching if I could get him to sit on the breakfast bar that would be fine if he would watch me do dishes, clean, cook and the extras from there. The last few days as soon as I pull out my elliptical he sits on the peddle and waits for me, does one of two rotations on the peddle than jumps down. He than sits next to me and cries before climbing up my body and wanting to be held. I get him occupied with his paper bag and a toy or two but some days he just wants me lol today I'm not sure what's going on so far just coffee lol

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily is a delightful little kitty! I hope the adoption goes well.

I have been thinking about adopting another cat as well. Floey was honybees buddy and now she is trying to hang out with Pumps but pumps hisses and ears back. Honeybee misses her buddy and I wonder if a young kitten would keep Honeybee away from Pumpkin. Maybe this fall we will see if there is a foster who I can try out for a few weeks. It's hard to tell if we really want another cat but Honeybee seems lonely outside now. Floey used to hang by her and they would walk around together. Maybe a young boy cat who likes to chase and play without hurting would be in the cards. I would have to get my cats on wet as any male cat I would own would be forbidden to have dry kibble due to all the blocking issues. Pumps wont eat wet. I have put down fancy feast all week and she wont touch it. honeybee wont unless there is nothing else to eat. Pumps will just refuse to eat.

Decisions decisions. I of course miss Floey but I am concerned that Honeybee would become sad especially this winter when she is bored. She wont go outside in the winter and we do play fetch and feather toys but I wonder if a playful younger kitty would work with honeybee? Or is it too soon? I don't know..there is no rhyme or reason is there to timing of grief.

Also I hit the gym last night and this morning woke up exhausted. I think I will be hitting the couch when I get home. I bought pizza for tonight as well. I got some buffalo wings at Little Ceasers and oh my they are HOT and buttery yummy. going to get another order of them tonight. They remind me of the wings that Texas Roadhouse used to serve long time ago-in fact the sauce tastes exactly like it used to-buttery with pepper and tobacco sauce=so YUMMY! Did I tell you I love a good spice to food? the pizza was good too. been dreaming of pizza for WEEKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.