Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease - Just Diagnosed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is only a small kitten box, so the sides are not very high. I could try something more shallow. The vet suggested cutting it and attaching it to the crate somehow. I tried different litter, less litter, moved his food to the other end of the crate, not sure what to do. This is what he does and it's gross. I don't want him sleeping in litter!

20221026_132843.jpg

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm...I didn't know that. He acts more like he doesn't want it anywhere near him.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A cookie sheet you don't need? A tray like those used for school and deli lunches and buffets? If you get 12-can cases of cat food, the cardboard the cans are packed onto could work.

Last edited:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I was thinking an old roasting pan or I have a large glass casserole that he might not be able to tip over. The cat food box might be too small. I've seen people use those. Ash might not fit in that. I'll find something for him. :tabbycat:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The cat food box might be too small.
Good point :)

If you don't have pee pads, maybe another towel that you can "dedicate" and have it partway under the litter pan and out along the side, then if he does kick some litter out you can lift that part of the towel and shake the litter back into the pan so he's not laying in it.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good point :)

If you don't have pee pads, maybe another towel that you can "dedicate" and have it partway under the litter pan and out along the side, then if he does kick some litter out you can lift that part of the towel and shake the litter back into the pan so he's not laying in it.
Right! I do have a towel in there now. I have moved the food over too since I took that photo.

20221026_202300.jpg