Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease - Just Diagnosed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are on Day 6 today and Lulu (except for being a little uncomfortable yesterday) seems to be coming along well. :happycat:

I just noticed that Ash had gone in to the crate to sleep beside her. So cute. Her incision looks good and stitches are coming out next Wednesday. :clap2:

Sibling love. 🤗 👇

20230125_190758.jpg

20230125_102216.jpg

20230125_161938.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
We are on Day 6 today and Lulu (except for being a little uncomfortable yesterday) seems to be coming along well. :happycat:

I just noticed that Ash had gone in to the crate to sleep beside her. So cute. Her incision looks good and stitches are coming out next Wednesday. :clap2:

Sibling love. 🤗 👇

View attachment 442097

View attachment 442100

View attachment 442101
:yess::clap2::clap:She's so happy that they are together in the beloved crate, because you did such a fantastic job taking care of them, that she is smiling up at you :touched::cloud9:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yess::clap2::clap:She's so happy that they are together in the beloved crate, because you did such a fantastic job taking care of them, that she is smiling up at you :touched::cloud9:
I honestly didn't think I had it in me because I was a nervous wreck with Ash. It seemed like such a scary surgery...but you guys were all so helpful and supportive, it made a huge difference.

Kudos to the kitties, they've been incredibly co-operative through all this. They really do seem to like that crate. I may never get them to come out! :ohwell:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a chance Lulu will someday need her other hip done?
There is a possibility. I hope not. If she has the same disease, it isn't showing up yet. Maybe it was just a freaky coincidence. The vet seemed to think she could have it too but it just isn't as advanced as Ash's.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a Lulu update. We are on the 11th day now. She managed to get her cone off, I have no idea where the gauze went...and chewed out her stitches! Thank goodness her incision was healed. I think she was just really itchy. Hoping and praying that she did not eat the gauze. So far, so good. Vet check-up on Wednesday.

Lulu Day 11 Navigating The Vacuum And Laundry Basket

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet gave Lulu the 👍 this morning! She's still a little puffy from her surgery but doing well. Also, she did eat that gauze the other day :nono: but thankfully, she pooped it out yesterday. Huge relief! Got her one remaining stitch removed, and had her annual shots. The added bonus is that she has lost a tiny bit of weight from having the surgery. :woo:

What a good girl she was. :goldstar:

20230127_162730.jpg

Last edited:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What great news all round! Especially that she got rid of that gauze.
I can't lie, I was freaking out over that but she finally pooped last night and it was in there. About 3 inches of it. I don't know how they swallow that stuff. What a load off. 😌