Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Probably not. Home Depot was sold out and Best Buy was selling out as I was buying mine. After a truckload arrived this morning, they had about a half dozen left when I picked out mine. By time I paid, they had sold or were selling at least two more. They will likely sell out tonight.
Yes, I imagine they will sell out soon! I'm sure everywhere her has as well. The temp has come down now and I'm feeling more focused once again. I did go out and buy some secondhand tiles to lay down on the floor for Amber for a cool spot since we have just about wall-to-wall carpet.

Glad to hear you're both enjoying the AC. :thumbsup:

Oh cool! Randomly, I have a friend who does swing in Australia. I think he is a dance teacher now. That sounds fun. Are you in California? I understand what you mean about not leaving Krista. I understand. It would be really hard. I have a hard time leaving Amber even when she's healthy, but if she was needing Krista's level of care, I don't think I'd go away, either.

Our lives can just revolve around our cats sometime, don't they? But I hope she gets onto a better/easier schedule soon for both of you. :) Those interrupted nights of sleep can take a toll after a long time!

Purr Machine’s ears must have been tingling because she got up from her food coma nap and climbed onto my chest for a purr and scritches session.
Awww good to hear :) :purr: Good girl Krista!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know a few dancers in Oz and a teacher or two. There's a pro circuit of events in the US and some of the Australian dancers and teachers will come out for that. Now that they have a few sanctioned events there and nearby (Asia Open in Singapore), they don't have to come out to the States to earn their standing. One of the circuit events is in San Francisco and the international talent was always a highlight. Now they just aren't traveling like they used to. Because they don't have to. Or if they are traveling, it's more Eurasia than America.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always had disordered sleep. I've slept to a TV since high school and can't really do otherwise. On top of that, I almost always have to take something. Usually benadryl/zzzquil (diphenhydramine.) Even before all of this, I usually would sleep in two or three 2-3 hour shifts. What has made this so difficult is that I don't sleep when Krista does. She can eat and then go directly to sleep. I usually have to watch some Tv and lately play some phone game like Angry Birds 2 until I feel tired enough to go back to sleep. At that time, Krista's usually waking and wants to jump the gun two hours early. Even though I've started taking my pill and getting ready to sleep after the 10 pm meal, it's usually not until after the 2 am meal and the two or three hours I get from 6am to 9am that I get my best sleep of the night. If I could find a timed feeder she'd use for the 2am and 2 pm meals, without waking me, I think this schedule would be a lot easier on me.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
All this talk of not needing a/c makes me jealous! I think we would all melt if we didn't have access to it, cats included! It's already reached well over 100 with heat/humidity indexes. Looking forward to the day when we can move to higher elevations....

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All this talk of not needing a/c makes me jealous! I think we would all melt if we didn't have access to it, cats included! It's already reached well over 100 with heat/humidity indexes. Looking forward to the day when we can move to higher elevations....
That kind of talk was premature.

I did have to run it a few times yesterday morning and for a couple of hours last night.

It’s nice now at 10am at 63F. But I’ll probably need next week or maybe the weekend. The forecast has definitely mellowed since peak heat on Wed.

This was the forecast on Wed. Though it actually hit 100 that day.
EE1CF95E-4C79-46B6-BD98-2DD0654056F3.jpeg
And this is the forecast today.

This apartment gets really good afternoon sun. That’s usually desirable. But anything over 80 out is easily going to bring it to 80 or above inside. I imagine now that I have it, I’ll be running it a lot this summer.
FF3D71E7-A94D-4742-AADE-8120A36B23A1.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pulled out the Loop but I’m in the chair and she’s on the bed. We’re maybe six feet apart but lazy AF this morning. I am just about to get up to bring the Loop to her and she gets up.

“No no. You stay there. I’m coming to you.”

So into my lap she climbs. I put the Loop on her and she starts purring away. Fifteen minutes later she gets up and goes back to the bed. The Loop finished. Crazy how she always seems to know when it’s done. She must actually be feeling something. Well good! That’s what it’s there for.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I don't do well on little or interrupted sleep, I'm always surprised to hear people with sleep schedules like your's. Its too bad your sleep doesn't sync up with her's... then again, Amber is always telling me I should stay home from work to sleep all day. "That's how you stay this beautiful, mom" she says to me...

Krista is so beautiful! I'm glad the looop is doing its thing, that's so interesting!! keep it up little one!

EmersonandEvie EmersonandEvie oh I would never survive the kind of humidity you must get... ugh. at least here when the temp goes above 90 somehow the air just dries out. Its a bit weird, really.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fridays before all this:
9 pm:
“Dry and water are in their feeders and the box is on auto. I’ll see you late tonight when I get home from dancing with friends.”
:whiskers:
2 or 3 am:
“Good morning girl. Let me wash up and we’ll head to bed. Food, water, and litterbox is still on automatic for you.”
:purr:

My Fridays now:
Noon: “It’s your lucky day. I’m feeding you an hour early because I have to be at PT by 2 and want to make sure I clean the boxes if you’re going to use them.”

4pm: “Its your lucky day. I’m giving you an extra tweener so I can go out for dinner and a beer, and not come home to a hairball or an acid barf.”

8pm: “It’s your lucky night. It’s been 4 hours since your last meal so I guess your second dinner comes two hours early.”
:clapcat:
10pm:
“Don’t shut the lights on me. This is dinner time. You’ve been telling me I’m getting an extra meal. Don’t take that back by skipping second dinner.”
:petcat:

And we’re back on schedule. She’s sleeping off the extra calories. The lights are out. I’m watching baseball and I get until 2am before the next feed. Or she’ll wake at midnight and ask if we’re on a two hour schedule now.
:dancingblackcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
12:30am:
“Is it my lucky morning? Do I get another meal?”

“You got your meals. Come back in an hour.”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A2A41BD3-5197-49B0-AA63-56A7427BAFA7.jpeg
I ran the new Air Con power cord underneath the bookcase to its outlet. I didn’t adjust for the camera. This is bothering me. But it’s not bothering her. Also, she just came out of there to climb into my lap for a Loop session.
:purr:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m fixing soup for my own tweener because I want to go for breakfast. But I won’t be back before her next meal at 1. So now she sees me in the kitchen and thinks it is food time. At least she’s not singing or yelling yet. Hold out to 1, can you?
7D8712DE-8D7A-4A48-A925-EE148EA6C6CF.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista has been a little slower lately. Still finishing her plates and still making her jumps. But kinda mopey once more. I gave her a B-12 shot. She took it like a champ. Thankfully my hands shake after I’m done. She got a little freeze dried turkey treat and is spending the morning under the bookcase. I’m watching her on camera. She doesn’t look distressed. That’s just where she wants to be right now. If I could fit, I’d probably join her. Or push her out and tell her to find her own bookcase.
:whiskers:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just petting her shoulders as I always do to check her body condition and grumpy girl took a bite swipe at me and hissed.

“That’s unacceptable!” I told her as I simply got up and walked away. I removed my attention from her.

I think that’s far more effective than hissing or swatting back. I regret all the times I responded inappropriately in the past. I can’t get those back. But I can do right by her today.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista’s eating is slowing down and she’s leaving a gram or two. I’m sure she’ll finish that by next meal. But I don’t like what this might be suggesting. Because a vet visit usually ends up with her being sedated (and possibly pooping herself in the carrier), I want to give her the benefit of the doubt before I take her in. She’s still eating her food. Just slower. Also let’s see what tomorrow’s weigh-in says.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well. It wasn’t a barf or a hairball. But Krista still had a Fathers Day present for me. She had a soup poop that didn’t all make it in the box.

Surprisingly, for the consistency, the color and odor were still good. I think the turkey liver treat I gave after her B-12 may have bolted for the exit faster than any poop could contain it.

Fortunately, I recently bought duplicates of her boxes just for such an occasion. I set the old box aside on a new pee pad. I set up the new box with new litter on a new pee pad a few feet away. I cleaned the floor (laminate not carpet :yess:). Dump the old box. Move the new box into place. Wash the old box in the shower and leave to dry. Took the litter and “dirties” out to the trash. It’s like it never happened.

I’m not even mad at her. I’m sorry it happened to her. I’m sorry those unladylike noises came out of her.

But she’s groomed herself and looking relaxed now. No worse for the wear? She gets the probiotic in her next meal anyway.

Oh and the couple grams left behind on her plate? She finished those.
:petcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.