Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8.8 lbs! That's the most she's been since all of this started some time last year. Vet once said 9 lbs would be ideal for her. Now that she's almost here, I'd say maybe 9.5. When her triceps and deltoids fill out a little more. Almost there. They are feeling a lot less bony than before.

She's had a couple of soup poops. These still aren't as stressful as the glycoflex/cosequin soup poops. Probably because she's just one and done rather than the two or three bathroom trips. I have a few theories to test including probiotic storage abuse, detox reaction as her IBD is also receiving treatment here, or maybe we back off on the number of treatments per day or we do the treatments further away from meal-time. First up: use the dirt from the capsule instead of emptying them into another container.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There we go. Not sure what those two soup poops were about. Then again, I'm not convinced that this one good poop means we won't have some soup later. But at least I know her pooper is still capable of the solid stuff.

I think I will reward my favorite poop-maker with more poop to make.
:clapcat:

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww. Winnie used to lay on her back and lift one leg in the air when it was hot :lol:

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Uggh same thing here! I hope this heat doesn't last... I'm a wimp in the heat. I'll take the cold any day.

I love your last photo - I always say the same about Amber!! :lol:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What part of Oregon are you in? I have friends in So Oregon. Mostly Ashland, Medford, and Grants Pass. But it’s been at least a year and several of Krista’s conditions ago since I’ve been able to drive up that way.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She and I are parked under the ceiling fan for the evening.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know what she feels with the Loop. It isn’t supposed to feel like anything. Except maybe relief. It seems to be working for her. I don’t know if she feels it when it’s on. But she seems to feel when it turns off. She always lifts her head or gets up like, “well that’s over. :( “.

I think maybe next time I get runner’s knee, I’ll steal a session from her.

Unfortunately the device has a finite number of uses. It does not have a rechargeable battery. So at least this first Loop, while we’re still in the loading stage, I don’t want to be stealing use from her. At 4 sessions a day, this first Loop may only last 5 weeks. Maybe when she’s in maintenance mode 1 or 2 treatments a day or every other days, we can share the next Loop.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:dancingblackcat:
“I haven’t given you kibble in over a year. What you gonna do with it? You don’t have two good opposing teeth to bring together on it. Go back to the pate you woke me for.”
:clapcat::petcat:
Oops! I guess poring cereal into the plastic container I’m reusing for a bowl does sound like kibble being pored into an empty feeder.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are in Corvallis, so south of Salem, north of Eugene. I'm about done with this heat... ugh. Not nearly as hot as the southern area/Medford/etc you mentioned, though. We moved here from coastal BC where it never gets this hot! I actually think Amber is probably dealing better than I am but I still worry about her getting too hot.

Glad to see the Assisi loop is working out for you!

Also - ha every time I shake a container of nuts or cereal or anything, Amber often comes running... "is it kibble time, mom?!" so cute how she knows and loves the sound of kibble....

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you buy me one too? joking...
Probably not. Home Depot was sold out and Best Buy was selling out as I was buying mine. After a truckload arrived this morning, they had about a half dozen left when I picked out mine. By time I paid, they had sold or were selling at least two more. They will likely sell out tonight.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are in Corvallis, so south of Salem, north of Eugene. I'm about done with this heat... ugh. Not nearly as hot as the southern area/Medford/etc you mentioned, though. We moved here from coastal BC where it never gets this hot! I actually think Amber is probably dealing better than I am but I still worry about her getting too hot.

Glad to see the Assisi loop is working out for you!

Also - ha every time I shake a container of nuts or cereal or anything, Amber often comes running... "is it kibble time, mom?!" so cute how she knows and loves the sound of kibble....
I probably have a friend or three in Corvallis. Some in Bend. Others in Portland. I used to dance West Coast Swing and I would travel for competition events. I went to the Southern Oregon event (SoSwing) a few times because my former practice partner moved to Grants Pass. I have been to the Seattle event a few times. And I have met plenty of Oregon dancers there and at the local (SF Bay Area) events.

Now I sometimes dance in the kitchen in between cat feeds.

Until I can get Krista back to four feeds a day, I don’t feel right leaving her with a sitter. She is currently at six and I can probably only hire my sitter for three. I can’t let her eat only half her meals while I’m gone.

Until I can get more than a few hours of sleep each night (split up by feeds every four hours or Ms Bonkers trying to advance the schedule by two hours most times), I don’t think I could stay awake behind the wheel long enough to drive up that way even breaking it up over two days like I usually do (w/ a night in Redding.).

I sometimes entertain the thought of bringing Krista with me on a trip to GP. But that’s not much of a vacation if I’m still on her schedule and worried about her alone in a strange hotel room while I’m out with friends.

I feel kinda stuck right now with Krista’s care. I am hoping this gets easier soon. And I am hopeful based on her reaction to the Loop and her eating lately that we will soon enough be done with weight regain and we can spend the rest of the summer making her feed schedule more sane.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista found some flakes again. She isn’t shaking her head (or not enough for me to notice), but she had a soup poop. I can hear that ear sound (when it fills up) when she scratches at it, which she has been doing more of. She didn’t wake me for 2am or 5am meals (which should be 6am but you tell a crepuscular animal that dawn is too early!). And she’s a little more bed or ground-bound than her usual counter-surfing self during meal preps. But she did show more signs of recovery by the 9 am meal (which should be 10 am but that 5 am meal skews everything until we get back to her first dinner at 6 pm.

The new AC unit is loud but quite effective. It’s also closer to the bed than I prefer but there’s only so much I can do about that. It also looks like I probably won’t need it again until next week. I always say, “better to have it and not need it than the other way around.”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Purr Machine’s ears must have been tingling because she got up from her food coma nap and climbed onto my chest for a purr and scritches session.

Status
Not open for further replies.