Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a multi-featured 💩. Voluminous and loose. Poop in soup. She looked a little rough there for awhile. But she recovered and finished her dinner. It’s possible, maybe likely that she’s done. And that was the worst of it. If she returns back to a good poop tomorrow, I think we’ve demonstrated a correlation between her chemo meds and loose poop. It’s been nice to have a few good ones by comparison.
*May it be so!*:yess::goodluck:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bonus rounds and poop pukes! 🤦‍♂️😿

And she has to wait for me to get off conference call for replacement meal. 😿

I will talk with doc this week and see if we still need the chemo or if we can try a reduced dose.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She hasn't pooped since yesterday morning. Which I guess is par for the course when she blows out. But it always concerns me because it's not like her eating slowed down during that time. I don't know that she eliminated enough yesterday morning to accommodate a full day's poop fast. She's skipped second breakfast and opted for more sleep under the bookcase. To be fair, her 4am feeder didn't open again until I popped it for her at 4:30. She ate first breakfast at 5:30. So she could just be taking a break. I've got her on the camera while I work today.

Started the new job yesterday. The commute is brutal. It's the walk from the kitchen to the office. 🤣 But my lazy, demanding office mate is adorable. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She hasn't pooped since yesterday morning. Which I guess is par for the course when she blows out. But it always concerns me because it's not like her eating slowed down during that time. I don't know that she eliminated enough yesterday morning to accommodate a full day's poop fast. She's skipped second breakfast and opted for more sleep under the bookcase. To be fair, her 4am feeder didn't open again until I popped it for her at 4:30. She ate first breakfast at 5:30. So she could just be taking a break. I've got her on the camera while I work today.

Started the new job yesterday. The commute is brutal. It's the walk from the kitchen to the office. 🤣 But my lazy, demanding office mate is adorable. 😻
She'll keep you in line, undoubtedly! Hoping for the best possible "outcome" ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She pooped. It was good. Now she just pooped again and came straight to the filling station without doing any booty duty. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

UPDATE: She jumped down and did some booty duty. She’s folded under, nice and relaxed, but also the quick licks of possibly holding it back. 🙏🤞

Thank goodness that whatever she put down for the second round isn’t stinking up the place. I’ll stay at the desk for her for now and clean that later.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got around to clearing the box. That was the most polite poop. Between the first and second, I’d say she’s caught up now. That first one was like an iceberg, a poopberg, that looked really tiny in the box until I dug it out. The second one, she didn’t even bother burying it. It was like a poop leg folded on itself. But it wasn’t announcing its aroma at all. Good on her! I kinda hate to dose her tomorrow morning. I have to call vet’s office after lunch and see if the doc will be available tonight for a callback. Otherwise, I may just underfeed her tomorrow to try and lighten the load when the blowout occurs. 🤞😔

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got around to clearing the box. That was the most polite poop. Between the first and second, I’d say she’s caught up now. That first one was like an iceberg, a poopberg, that looked really tiny in the box until I dug it out. The second one, she didn’t even bother burying it. It was like a poop leg folded on itself. But it wasn’t announcing its aroma at all. Good on her! I kinda hate to dose her tomorrow morning. I have to call vet’s office after lunch and see if the doc will be available tonight for a callback. Otherwise, I may just underfeed her tomorrow to try and lighten the load when the blowout occurs. 🤞😔
That sounds like returning the kindness with kindness. ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doc called back tonight. He said he’s okay with me trying a thing or two with her dose. But he cautioned me that her dosing day disasters could just be the way she reacts to medicine that she still needs. Instead of sacrificing her medicine, I’m going to try to lighten the load on her. She’s being underfed by half an ounce tonight and perhaps a little more than that tomorrow. I also halved her psyllium once more (as best as I can half the smidgen, or 1/32 tsp, spoon.).

She’s perky tonight! But it’s possible, even likely, that she’s perky tonight because her chemo from Sunday is working. And if we get good poop days in between the dosing day disasters, well, it might be worth it if she gets more good days than bad.

Her evening poop has gone missing again though. 😲🐈🧐

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully it's turned up by now? :anticipation:
Yes. 💩👍 Not ten minutes ago.

Part 1 of ?

We’re on bonus watch now. 🧐

She looks relaxed. But I’ve seen this before. She could go to her tree and bust out a nap before returning to the box for a blowout. Anything is possible on a dosing day. 😳🤦🏼‍♂️😿

I should also add that tonight or tomorrow morning’s 💩 could also be filled with excitement as the drug works its way out of her.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. 💩👍 Not ten minutes ago.

Part 1 of ?

We’re on bonus watch now. 🧐

She looks relaxed. But I’ve seen this before. She could go to her tree and bust out a nap before returning to the box for a blowout. Anything is possible on a dosing day. 😳🤦🏼‍♂️😿

I should also add that tonight or tomorrow morning’s 💩 could also be filled with excitement as the drug works its way out of her.
"Excitement"??? Is that the kind of "excitement" we want? I think not.:headscratch: A nap would be nice, though, yes?:cloud9:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Excitement"??? Is that the kind of "excitement" we want? I think not.:headscratch: A nap would be nice, though, yes?:cloud9:
I’d rather think of it as excitement than terror or tragedy.

Anyway, it’s not like I have much else going on being in solo lockdown with her. I can’t even escape for a couple hours to the tap room like I used to. Then again, I have lost ten lbs since I quit the tap room habit. (Some of that is also keto diet and cooking at home.)

She took a good pee and went to her tree. I think we’re in the clear for now. Usually she’d have more poop after a pee if more poop is in the cards.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d rather think of it as excitement than terror or tragedy.

Anyway, it’s not like I have much else going on being in solo lockdown with her. I can’t even escape for a couple hours to the tap room like I used to. Then again, I have lost ten lbs since I quit the tap room habit. (Some of that is also keto diet and cooking at home.)

She took a good pee and went to her tree. I think we’re in the clear for now. Usually she’d have more poop after a pee if more poop is in the cards.
Wow! Yeah, alcohol does convert to sugar in the bloodstream and a lot of people put on a lot of weight with it! My roomie drinks it but he doesn't ever show it.
Good on Krista!
Elvis snorked up some treats this morning and promptly regurgitated them. He is like a vacuum cleaner on treats. I keep telling him to slow down and keep them "in the cat" but does he listen? :sigh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Yeah, alcohol does convert to sugar in the bloodstream and a lot of people put on a lot of weight with it! My roomie drinks it but he doesn't ever show it.
Good on Krista!
Elvis snorked up some treats this morning and promptly regurgitated them. He is like a vacuum cleaner on treats. I keep telling him to slow down and keep them "in the cat" but does he listen? :sigh:
Alcohol turns to acetaldehyde which is toxic and causes hangovers. What causes weight gain is that often alcohol is consumed with carbs like the grains in beer or actual sugars from mixers. Additionally, when alcohol is in the blood, the liver drops normal metabolic responsibilities and tackles the detoxification first. Of course this requires water as does processing carbs and sugars so acetaldehyde builds up if there isn't enough water to go around. Even if you don't get a hangover, you'll feel bad as the alcohol "wears off"/converts to acetaldehyde if there isn't enough water to convert it to the next less toxic metabolite.

I have a biochemistry degree still sitting in the envelope it came in. 🤦‍♂️ Sometimes it's still useful. 🤓

But I was also eating a lot of fast food and take out because I never took time to cook. It seemed like whenever I did was when Krista decided to have her excitement. Murphy's Pooper!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alcohol turns to acetaldehyde which is toxic and causes hangovers. What causes weight gain is that often alcohol is consumed with carbs like the grains in beer or actual sugars from mixers. Additionally, when alcohol is in the blood, the liver drops normal metabolic responsibilities and tackles the detoxification first. Of course this requires water as does processing carbs and sugars so acetaldehyde builds up if there isn't enough water to go around. Even if you don't get a hangover, you'll feel bad as the alcohol "wears off"/converts to acetaldehyde if there isn't enough water to convert it to the next less toxic metabolite.

I have a biochemistry degree still sitting in the envelope it came in. 🤦‍♂️ Sometimes it's still useful. 🤓

But I was also eating a lot of fast food and take out because I never took time to cook. It seemed like whenever I did was when Krista decided to have her excitement. Murphy's Pooper!
*See, there you go!* ;) :yess:
Yeah, I am a workaholic and although I can and do cook, and enjoy food, I eat to live, not live to eat, and I need stuff to be quick, so I can get back to work. But I don't eat junk. Fortunately my market of choice is an international mini-chain, and it has a good deli with stuff I love, like stuffed cabbage leaves, dolma (stuffed vine leaves), hummus, potato salad, macaroni salad, and my favorite little greaseball olives from Morocco. Those things, with different bread, rice, or potatoes, lots of fresh vegetables and fruits, and coffee, tea, fruit juice, or homemade lemonade, make up most of my diet. It's all quick. The closest I get to junk food is this Nissin noodle kit, to which I add vegetables and edamame (soybeans). Fairly healthy stuff, all.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩💩🤮😿

I think this is just the way she reacts to this medicine. Unfortunately, she may have one more round of bonus poops and poop pukes tomorrow morning until this medicine is out of her. This just may be the trade off while she takes this medicine. Two days of this a week vs five good days. That’s still better than where she was coming from.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I say excitement, here’s what I’m talking about.

Directly after I get off a training conference call she puts down a good poop. Except she missed the box and it landed on the pee pad. That’s what it’s there for. Thank you for your service!

I ran that poop, the spent pad, and the morning poop (I have a airtight flour jar that is her temporary poop bag holding bin) down to the dumpster and come back to her putting the big soft poop in a box. Good on her! While I scooped that out, she went under the chair and barfed. But hey! If there’s a bright side to this, she barfed under the chair. So after I cleaned that up, I don’t even have to lay down a pee pad over it.

And she loudly demanded a replacement meal. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹 So I gave her an advance on her 3 pm meal—a smaller portion. I can give her a tweener at 4 to get her to dinner.

Hopefully we’re done with the excitement now until morning. I’d say she’s pretty thoroughly cleaned out both ends this afternoon. 😆😿

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I say excitement, here’s what I’m talking about.

Directly after I get off a training conference call she puts down a good poop. Except she missed the box and it landed on the pee pad. That’s what it’s there for. Thank you for your service!

I ran that poop, the spent pad, and the morning poop (I have a airtight flour jar that is her temporary poop bag holding bin) down to the dumpster and come back to her putting the big soft poop in a box. Good on her! While I scooped that out, she went under the chair and barfed. But hey! If there’s a bright side to this, she barfed under the chair. So after I cleaned that up, I don’t even have to lay down a pee pad over it.

And she loudly demanded a replacement meal. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹 So I gave her an advance on her 3 pm meal—a smaller portion. I can give her a tweener at 4 to get her to dinner.

Hopefully we’re done with the excitement now until morning. I’d say she’s pretty thoroughly cleaned out both ends this afternoon. 😆😿
I'd think so! Good girl Krista for hitting the targets -- or close enough!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No sign of the day-after disaster yet. I guess since yesterday's came after lunch, today's might not come until then either. If she, in fact, does have a day-after disaster later today, I'm going to try to sneak some slippery elm into her food on dosing days. Not with the dose because she needs to absorb that dose. But in the meals after to soothe the irritated linings. I thought about it yesterday and it's actually two days of distress with every dose because it's the dosing day and the day after until it's made its way through her. If I can't find a way to soothe that day after, I may try extending her dose to every four days instead of twice a week (currently Wed and Sunday.) In that way, she will at least have two good days between dosing days every time.

I kind of like underfeeding her. She gets perky and pushy and sits on my chest or climbs into my lap if I'm sitting in the chair between breakfasts. She joins me on the kitchen counter for meal prep a couple more times a day. Now, when I say I am underfeeding her, she's still getting over 9 ounces a day. She's just not getting the full 11 ounces from two cans. I open one can for the dinners and overnight and she gets another from the breakfasts through the day.

Mailman interrupted her mid-morning nap. Now she's laying just outside the office trying to convince me to feed her an early lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.