Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully Krista is a lot less active and more respectful than Tormund. She normally doesn't climb over me or on me unless she sees me awake, usually with phone. Or if the 4am feeder doesn't open. Or if it's anywhere near the 5:30 first "sunrise" (programmed lights that fade up starting at 5:30am) that signifies first breakfast. Usually she starts singing her feed me song. If that doesn't stir me, then she'll do laps across me. Sometimes she'll sit on the pillow next to me. In fewer cases than I would like, she will climb onto me for a belly ride. But most of the night, she either sleeps at the foot of the bed (sprawled out of course and somehow taking up the whole bottom half of a queen bed) or she'll sleep under the bookcase after meals (midnight meal, 2am and 4am feeders, and first breakfast.) I get the bed to myself for a good hour before she comes back up and sleeps at the foot of the bed again.

Oh, I just restarted that video. That's just 4:30 am to 6am. Yeah, Krista can get pretty active in those hours because 4am feeder and 5:30 first breakfast. Thankfully, most mornings I'm able to climb back into bed after I've plated first breakfast and get another couple of hours or so before second breakfast. It is because she's her most perky around first breakfast that makes it easier to forgive the early hour. Especially if she joins me on the counter to supurrvise meal prep. 😻
In addition to being sort of naturally an insomniac AND probably narcoleptic, I am sure I have a night full of cat antics a la Tormund. From THREE.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Technically, we avoided a dosing day disaster. However we just went through some 2am excitement. 💩💩💩🤮😿

She put the first one in a back box (where three of her four boxes are.). I woke up to her finishing up the second one in the front box (the new one in the living room.) Then as I was cleaning up both of these, she left for the bookcase. “Maybe we avoided the disaster?” Nope. Poor girl barfed from under the bookcase. She managed to get the bulk of it outside the underneath but the second smaller puddle is somewhat under the bookcase. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿 Then I had to chase her around the front room discouraging the carpet bomb until I could herd her back into the already cleaned front box to finish up her business. Fortunately for her, she hadn’t finished midnight meal or 2am feeder so there was a ready replacement for the poop puke. No need to get into three day old burner can (really need to dump that) or open a new one.

I did the best I could with the handheld and a head lamp. But I don’t think she’ll be retiring under the bookcase. Well. She’s rather forgiving. She may end up there after 4am feeder. And first breakfast. And second breakfast... In fact, I’m not sure when I’ll get to do a proper pass with the upright.

But for now, the foot of the bed will do for the both of us. She’s a sweet forgiving soul cranky that I wouldn’t let her carpet bomb but not holding a grudge about it either. She’s got a noisy gut right now. I sure hope she gets some restful sleep until the next feeder opens.

9F8C295E-F56B-45CA-B470-62EC070E16A3.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Technically, we avoided a dosing day disaster. However we just went through some 2am excitement. 💩💩💩🤮😿

She put the first one in a back box (where three of her four boxes are.). I woke up to her finishing up the second one in the front box (the new one in the living room.) Then as I was cleaning up both of these, she left for the bookcase. “Maybe we avoided the disaster?” Nope. Poor girl barfed from under the bookcase. She managed to get the bulk of it outside the underneath but the second smaller puddle is somewhat under the bookcase. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿 Then I had to chase her around the front room discouraging the carpet bomb until I could herd her back into the already cleaned front box to finish up her business. Fortunately for her, she hadn’t finished midnight meal or 2am feeder so there was a ready replacement for the poop puke. No need to get into three day old burner can (really need to dump that) or open a new one.

I did the best I could with the handheld and a head lamp. But I don’t think she’ll be retiring under the bookcase. Well. She’s rather forgiving. She may end up there after 4am feeder. And first breakfast. And second breakfast... In fact, I’m not sure when I’ll get to do a proper pass with the upright.

But for now, the foot of the bed will do for the both of us. She’s a sweet forgiving soul cranky that I wouldn’t let her carpet bomb but not holding a grudge about it either. She’s got a noisy gut right now. I sure hope she gets some restful sleep until the next feeder opens.

View attachment 332252
Poor Krista. Chemo is no fun, from what I hear. May it yield much success, though, and a renewed, recuperated, weight-gaining beauty.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got two belly rides this morning!

One before first breakfast and one after first breakfast. 😻😻

I’m not totally convinced it’s the chemo that causes the blowouts. I am actually fearful that this may be as good as it gets. And I don’t know what that means for us long-term. I’m kinda hesitant to call the vet because I don’t know if pumping her with more pred is going to go any better. I’m going to try reducing the psyllium further and increasing the enzymes. If we still don’t have a better handle on this by middle of next week, I’ll give the doc a call.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got two belly rides this morning!

One before first breakfast and one after first breakfast. 😻😻

I’m not totally convinced it’s the chemo that causes the blowouts. I am actually fearful that this may be as good as it gets. And I don’t know what that means for us long-term. I’m kinda hesitant to call the vet because I don’t know if pumping her with more pred is going to go any better. I’m going to try reducing the psyllium further and increasing the enzymes. If we still don’t have a better handle on this by middle of next week, I’ll give the doc a call.
Day by day. Cherish each one. And yes, you may be right.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was about to purraise her 💩 at 8:45. And she just surprised me (and maybe herself) with two bonus rounds. Both made it to boxes. But now I think we’re both waiting to see if she’s done. And if she managed to avoid the 🤮 🤞

I looked into a couple of things last night. I’m willing to try the pred compounded as a liquid or oil suspension. But even at the most concentrated formulation, 20 mg/ml, she would have to eat 0.35 ml of the stuff. That’s 3.5 times the amount she eats for her chemo dose. So she’d have to really like that anchovy flavor.

But the other thing we can try is an every third day dosing schedule for her chemo. I’m more inclined to try this first since the chemo had a more profound reaction on her poops than the pred. Her poops became firm from liquid when we started the chemo. And I know ibdkitties has case studies of every other day. The doc thought that was too much but said we could try every third day as confusing as that is to keep sorted. I found that I can create an event in my Apple Calendar that repeats every third day so that might be the way to go.

Let’s see how it goes over the next few days and I can call middle of next week to discuss with Dr.

And still on 💩🤮🧐 right now...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like we escaped further excitement, e.g. carpet bombs, drag racing (butt scooting), and the poop pukes. She's spent the last hour in the office tree. And her ears must be burning because she just jumped down to the filling station. 😻

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a 4 am 💩👍. One and done. But I stayed up another hour on my phone making sure it wasn’t a fake out like yesterday morning. She’s eating both breakfasts like a champ. Must feel good to not have more poop than colon to excrete. 😹. It’s too early to say. But I think the increase in enzymes and decrease in psyllium might be agreeing with her. 🤞 At least they don’t seem to be making matters worse. 👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a 4 am 💩👍. One and done. But I stayed up another hour on my phone making sure it wasn’t a fake out like yesterday morning. She’s eating both breakfasts like a champ. Must feel good to not have more poop than colon to excrete. 😹. It’s too early to say. But I think the increase in enzymes and decrease in psyllium might be agreeing with her. 🤞 At least they don’t seem to be making matters worse. 👍
***YES!!!***:hangin::goodluck:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 pm 💩👍

Now just watching her on the camera from the office to make sure it's not a fake out--the calm before the storm.

She's eating her lunch and looks relaxed. But I've seen this before. I'm not convinced until she's sleeping her lunch off, either on the media bench or in her tree.

UPDATE: She's making this easy on me and retiring to the office tree. 😻
5442FE71-EC5E-4B4D-8B24-999CA8F34372.jpeg

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we made it past the 10 pm 💩 without any bonus rounds. 4 am to 1 pm is 9 hours and 1 pm to 10 pm is 9 hours. That’s pretty regular. So next one is expected at 7 am if she continues to be this regular. To be honest, I’d prefer it to come before her chemo dose at 5:30/6am or at least a couple hours later closer to 9 am. Just in case she does have a 🤮. I’d rather it not contain her chemo dose. 🧬🧨

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She let me sleep another hour until “midnight meal”. That turned into 1am meal. Her 2am feeder turns into a 3am feeder and no 4am feeder tonight. Doesn’t make sense to push that one out to 5am when first breakfast will very likely be advanced from 5:30 to 5. I guess that solves the morning poop dilemma.

I have also wanted to feed her slightly less since feeding her more only produces more poop and no weight gain. Maybe feeding her less will produce the right amount of poop for her not to have issues with bonus rounds and poop pukes.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9am 💩👍

Like clockwork! The next one should be between 5 pm and 6 pm. I am feeding her slightly less so it could be slightly longer than 9 hours.

Still watching her on the camera but I think she's got this. 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a multi-featured 💩. Voluminous and loose. Poop in soup. She looked a little rough there for awhile. But she recovered and finished her dinner. It’s possible, maybe likely that she’s done. And that was the worst of it. If she returns back to a good poop tomorrow, I think we’ve demonstrated a correlation between her chemo meds and loose poop. It’s been nice to have a few good ones by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.