Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By contrast to last night, she just had the *best* solid poop she's had in months. Two solid segments. Appropriate size and odor. No soft or squirty bits. Probably no bonus bits.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could feed her the whole tuna can on her chemo mornings. But I think it’s better for both of us that I don’t. It helps no one if she doesn’t keep it down.

This morning’s rabbit pate looks different. 😳 I mean I’m used to different consistencies. And in the universe of acceptable consistencies, we’ve seen this before. I only wish we didn’t have to change her food on her chemo day. I expect her poop to go crazy for a poop or two. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔.

She can have more raw food than usual today if she wants.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bonus lunch poop. I guess it could be an early return on the tuna meal. It started solid and finished mostly solid. A reversion from the recent mean but still quite good from two weeks ago.

It may still get softer from here. She has soft poops for about a day after dosing. Some of that may be the medicine itself. But mostly, I think it's the surprise tuna chaser she gets with the medicine.

It's an under-the-bookcase kind of day. I'm sure that is also a bit of the medicine and a bit of "surprise tuna" discomfort.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bonus lunch poop. I guess it could be an early return on the tuna meal. It started solid and finished mostly solid. A reversion from the recent mean but still quite good from two weeks ago.

It may still get softer from here. She has soft poops for about a day after dosing. Some of that may be the medicine itself. But mostly, I think it's the surprise tuna chaser she gets with the medicine.

It's an under-the-bookcase kind of day. I'm sure that is also a bit of the medicine and a bit of "surprise tuna" discomfort.
Hoping Krista feels a lot BETTER soon, though, and continues "solid" :yess:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a smaller solid poop after dinner. I love the regularity!

It came out with some effort in a couple of undersized segments. But she didn't seem to scoot or squat afterwards. She also didn't look discomforted afterwards. I guess that's all she needed this time.

Maybe we've escaped the dosing day squirts... 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well shoot! We didn’t escape the dosing day squirts. She had a midnight poop in pudding. At least the volume wasn’t as large as it used to be. It wasn’t that long ago that I would have celebrated one like this. It was stinky though.

And it gave her the poop pukes. Cytotoxic barf! 🤮🧨🧬 😿

After cleaning her chemical spill, I gave her a couple of yeasty bites followed by a small raw portion. Then I changed out the plates and put out the feeders for the overnight.

Her appetite seems no worse for the wear. But she’s also going to spend the night under the book case. If she’s not pooping right by tomorrow night, I’m going to need to rethink how I dose her.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
“Well hello, bookcase kitty!”

She finally came out to see me. 😻

Just when I convinced her to sit with me...

*Pop*

Clearly I’m no match for first feeder. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Maybe after? 🐽😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still waiting on the “morning” poop. This could be why she hasn’t eaten since half of second breakfast. I did give her a smaller raw portion and some yeasty bites at lunch time. I think it’s time I tempted her pooper and cooked something for myself.
5D3BF433-61CA-41EF-827B-62A3DE83B153.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still waiting on the “morning” poop. This could be why she hasn’t eaten since half of second breakfast. I did give her a smaller raw portion and some yeasty bites at lunch time. I think it’s time I tempted her pooper and cooked something for myself.
View attachment 326142
Awwww, look at that cute keyboard kitteh! :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been seeing a lot of this face. Like she’s bloated or nauseated. Or constipated.
28FFF5CA-14A9-4030-8A9C-F89CA0803688.jpeg

Well not constipated. Not anymore.

She had a something of everything poop (solids and squirts.). To her credit, it didn’t smell as strongly as last night. And she buried it. So on the one hand, I don’t know how much closer to normal we are. On the other, she makes it easier to leave her unpoopervised.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We tried the pred as yeasty bites again. I was worried I might be undermedicating her since the gel and her ears are so hard to work with. She’s still quite adept at spitting out those “bitter stones” (eating around the pill halves.). It took many tries to get her to eat both halves.

And now she’s sitting next to me purring away instead of under the bookcase.

Though it’s also time for her next meal. Whatever discomfort she might have been feeling before has reset and now she wants me to feed her earlier than schedule. 🤦🏼‍♂️😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We tried the pred as yeasty bites again. I was worried I might be undermedicating her since the gel and her ears are so hard to work with. She’s still quite adept at spitting out those “bitter stones” (eating around the pill halves.). It took many tries to get her to eat both halves.

And now she’s sitting next to me purring away instead of under the bookcase.

Though it’s also time for her next meal. Whatever discomfort she might have been feeling before has reset and now she wants me to feed her earlier than schedule. 🤦🏼‍♂️😻
Grateful for good news!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The morning poop looked mostly good. Soft, but solid.

Then she sat with her tail in the air and we know from before what that means.

Herding her wasn't working so I lifted her into a box, sealed up poop jail, and added more litter. Sure enough, as soon as I added more litter, she climbed in for a squirt, squirt, and blowout! 🤦‍♂️ 😿

Although I can't read the batch stamp on the bottom of the cans, I seem to have two different batches of Rawz rabbit even though they are from the same store at the same time. One is very firm with what looks like pieces of bone in it. The other, which we just found among our stash the past two days, is much softer. I wonder if some of the blowout isn't going back and forth between these two cans. Last night's batch was the softer one. This morning we're back to firm. Her poor gut and butt. 🤦‍♂️😿

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The morning poop looked mostly good. Soft, but solid.

Then she sat with her tail in the air and we know from before what that means.

Herding her wasn't working so I lifted her into a box, sealed up poop jail, and added more litter. Sure enough, as soon as I added more litter, she climbed in for a squirt, squirt, and blowout! 🤦‍♂️ 😿

Although I can't read the batch stamp on the bottom of the cans, I seem to have two different batches of Rawz rabbit even though they are from the same store at the same time. One is very firm with what looks like pieces of bone in it. The other, which we just found among our stash the past two days, is much softer. I wonder if some of the blowout isn't going back and forth between these two cans. Last night's batch was the softer one. This morning we're back to firm. Her poor gut and butt. 🤦‍♂️😿
Poor baby girl. Going through so much. Hoping always for stability and comfort!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot! Another blowout poop! I think there was something of everything (I think there was some logs in there?). But mostly I heard and saw the liquid finish. 😿

I’m sitting on the floor keeping an eye on her. She came over to lay next to me. Tail eventually rested on the floor. We may be done for now.

Turns out I have three different batches of Rawz Rabbit. Or had. I finished one. But I have 7/2022 and 9/2022.

It’s kind of moot if I can’t find more. These six cans will last about three days. My New Jersey order fell through. So far, I’m not seeing any evidence of their supply chain restarting. We may be heading back to rabbit and pumpkin pate. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.