Kittens Getting Into Trouble....

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My late cat, Shade, lived to be the ripe age of 21. In her heyday she was a fiery hellbeast. One very memorable occasion, she went to play in the attic which is right over the garage. Not soon after I hear this horrible crash and rush to the attic to check on her but she's not there. I notice about 1/4 of the attic floor missing and rush down to the garage to find a very stunned cat on top of the car and a pile of drywall with dust all around. To this day I can't figure out how she caused that much of the floor to collapse.

On another occasion, she brought a live squirrel into the house that took us a couple hours to get back outside.

She also tore up our house's insulation to make a cozy nest (even though she had access to plenty of warm and comfy sleeping spots), causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to the house.

For whatever reason, Shade loved fire. Like *loved* it to the point she'd try to climb into the fireplace while it was burning. I joke that she heard the demons of hell calling her home.

Here she is blowing a spit bubble.

I've adopted two of the sweetest kittens alive, but they ain't no Shade. View attachment 236201View attachment 236201 View attachment 236201 View attachment 236201 View attachment 236201View attachment 236201
We have a spit bubble cat too!!!
We had one of those older style wall heaters and one of our cats burned her tail on it =/ She later would walk across a range top...while on...then go "MEEP" and run off one 3 non-singed paws and holding a singed one up. =/
This cat once saw me in the kitchen at 230AM, stumbling around for a light switch, and waited until I was in JUST the right spot and leaped from counter top to the cupboard across the kitchen, giving me a Marcia Brady "oh my nose" moment as her body gracefully attempted to take it off my face.
I think I've mentioned the cat that used to climb on top of the highest cupboard in order to barf over the edge onto the floor, making a small pile of puke the size of a kiddie pool. Explain THAT to important dinner guests.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a spit bubble cat too!!!
We had one of those older style wall heaters and one of our cats burned her tail on it =/ She later would walk across a range top...while on...then go "MEEP" and run off one 3 non-singed paws and holding a singed one up. =/
This cat once saw me in the kitchen at 230AM, stumbling around for a light switch, and waited until I was in JUST the right spot and leaped from counter top to the cupboard across the kitchen, giving me a Marcia Brady "oh my nose" moment as her body gracefully attempted to take it off my face.
I think I've mentioned the cat that used to climb on top of the highest cupboard in order to barf over the edge onto the floor, making a small pile of puke the size of a kiddie pool. Explain THAT to important dinner guests.
Those of us who love cats regard those as precious memories to be shared with others of our kind. The other people? *MEH*

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily does the Spider Woman walk too, but underneath an armchair. Mingo chases her and she dives under the chair, Spidey walking to the other side. The scrim on the bottom of the chair is dragging the floor now.

Mingo's favorite hiding spot used to be in the box springs of the guest room bed. I would call him and call him with no response, then look under the bed, and there would be a big dip in the scrim. He had found a spot where it was loose and climbed in. I tickled the lump, there was a "Yowp" and he came tumbling out.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those of us who love cats regard those as precious memories to be shared with others of our kind. The other people? *MEH*
I pity those other people. They don't need to love pets like we do but realizing all people are different and have different passions in life isn't hard, and missing out on the companionship of another species is IMO a sad thing.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily does the Spider Woman walk too, but underneath an armchair. Mingo chases her and she dives under the chair, Spidey walking to the other side. The scrim on the bottom of the chair is dragging the floor now.

Mingo's favorite hiding spot used to be in the box springs of the guest room bed. I would call him and call him with no response, then look under the bed, and there would be a big dip in the scrim. He had found a spot where it was loose and climbed in. I tickled the lump, there was a "Yowp" and he came tumbling out.
We just have a weird cat who rushes up to walls, grasps the wall with her front paws while on her hind legs, pins her ears, dilates her eyes, swishes her tail while staring at nothing on the ceiling then does a perfect swimmers turn while going "PRRRRT?!" and rushing across the room to repeat. I love this weirdo cat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pity those other people. They don't need to love pets like we do but realizing all people are different and have different passions in life isn't hard, and missing out on the companionship of another species is IMO a sad thing.
Yeah. In my family, cats have always been FAMILY, not "pets" and we love them probably more than humans. Cats are unique in their charms and their ability to help humans health-wise with their purrs and stuff.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just have a weird cat who rushes up to walls, grasps the wall with her front paws while on her hind legs, pins her ears, dilates her eyes, swishes her tail while staring at nothing on the ceiling then does a perfect swimmers turn while going "PRRRRT?!" and rushing across the room to repeat. I love this weirdo cat.
Weirdo cats are the best!!!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weirdo cats are the best!!!
They really are!!!! We feed them, brush them, play with them, provide them with a toilet and toys and everything they want and they love us, purr for us, knead on us like we're their mommy (aww), walk on our faces at 4:00AM (not so cute), and spend their lives doing what they do, and we have them their entire lives and never really "know" that wild and weird part of them as much as we wish we did.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They really are!!!! We feed them, brush them, play with them, provide them with a toilet and toys and everything they want and they love us, purr for us, knead on us like we're their mommy (aww), walk on our faces at 4:00AM (not so cute), and spend their lives doing what they do, and we have them their entire lives and never really "know" that wild and weird part of them as much as we wish we did.
True. But being raised with cats literally since conception, I guess maybe I'm pretty much in tune with them and just accept their behaviors as normal, whatever they may be, because...cats. ;):winkcat:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. In my family, cats have always been FAMILY, not "pets" and we love them probably more than humans. Cats are unique in their charms and their ability to help humans health-wise with their purrs and stuff.
Same here! A pet is a term to us, but they are part of the family, or "THE" family for those of us who have little to no blood relatives worth mentioning left.
We have had dogs that were great nurses, but the cats usually over take this role whenever someone is sick and hang with them 24/7.

mekkababble

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This gave me a chuckle. It's also one of those 'it's funny as long as it's not you' situations. ;)

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have roof rats? I had to stay at my parents with my cats shut In the bedroom. One night they were banging on the door so I opened it because they heard something. They looked up where the attic is, ran one way,stopped,looked up,back the other way. I was finally able to catch them. Peaches hissing and biting me. There were roof rats.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
The spaces they fit into amaze me.
My roommate's cat, Leia, loooved my French horn case. It's nice and velvety on the inside and she thought it would make a lovely bed. She climbed in, but cats not being French horn shaped, she found it quite uncomfortable. She refused to give up for a solid 10 minutes, though, and kept grumpily shifting around.

Later I had to figure out how to get white hair out of my black case.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True. But being raised with cats literally since conception, I guess maybe I'm pretty much in tune with them and just accept their behaviors as normal, whatever they may be, because...cats. ;):winkcat:
Do you have roof rats? I had to stay at my parents with my cats shut In the bedroom. One night they were banging on the door so I opened it because they heard something. They looked up where the attic is, ran one way,stopped,looked up,back the other way. I was finally able to catch them. Peaches hissing and biting me. There were roof rats.
My guess is no (at least I hope not, mice are cute but rats are terrifying), but I do know this cat from kitten hood and she's always been a little tiger that imagines she's mighty. And imagines tiger-mighty-ness situations that exist only in her head. She's one of those cats that sees something (a toy, a piece of lint, a stray hunk of dog or cat hair, etc.) and attacks and asks questions later!
I have a most excellent picture of this nugget somewhere when she was all but 5 weeks old, staring up at a gigantic floor lamp. I snapped a picture. 5 seconds later I hear a crash, 5 seconds after that I'm swearing under my breath and screaming at dogs and cats to get out because there's broken glass all over the place! =D

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, one day we decided to bring in a small litter of very overly friendly outdoor kittens into the house. They feared no humans, thought cars were friends, and it was our fault for over-handling them. They would not have survived because they had no fear or aloofness or distrust of any human or human thing, so we decided to bring them inside and try them out as house cats.
The first day they wanted outside. We didn't have a catio. We ignored their bawling at the doors and pretended all was well.
When we went to bed that night we left our bedroom door open. One by one, they came in and hopped on the bed. Eventually they all were there, and decided outdoors retirement was sweet. Lots of purring, lots of kneading, lots of relaxing moments of outdoor kitties turned house cats.
Then I turned over in bed and had several sets of claws in my leg/foot.
Moral of the story--if you bring outdoor kittens or cats inside, do not underestimate the power of the "moving object under the blankie" game.
Wanna see the scars? =D

mekkababble

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww, c'mon, mekkababble mekkababble -- you know you love prowling the house with a rag and Nature's Miracle in the middle of the night after hearing the dreaded "akkk'akkAKKKKKKKKK!*
I swear that sound gives me PTSD. Every time I heard it, I'd jump out of bed fast as I could and (sometimes successfully) place my cat on tile or linoleum for easier clean up. Or my personal favorite was sleeping through the hacks and finding it first thing in the morning by stepping in it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 *It's what to do!* :yess:
mekkababble mekkababble Yeah, me too. No matter how deeply I may be sleeping, it's an instant wake-up. And I respond to a feline vocalization as I guess some other humans respond to a baby crying. I'm instantly on alert and seeking out the source to make sure the cat is okay.