Kittens Getting Into Trouble....

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is one naughty thing Maggie does. If Peaches is hanging out/sleeping where she wants to, Maggie will be rude and push her off.
The female cat I spoke of earlier will do something like that. She'll walk up to a cat in her favorite spot and start giving them a bath. The bath becomes more intense in nature, then she overstimulates and bites them, hard enough to make the say "WHA" but not hard enough to leave a hair out of place. She'll keep this up until the cat is like "dude, I'm out" and hops down, then she hoggishly takes their nice, pre warmed spot for herself.
What a brat. =D

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Noka does that to Frankie, my wife's service animal, when he is sleeping in the dog bed next to the window. She will get up there then irritate him to where he will just get up and leave then she will take over the whole bed. The latest action was her headbutting him then kneeding him in the back before laying on top of him instead of beside him. She tends to lay on top of Shade, our other cat, but only recently started to lay on top of the dogs.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
The female cat I spoke of earlier will do something like that. She'll walk up to a cat in her favorite spot and start giving them a bath. The bath becomes more intense in nature, then she overstimulates and bites them, hard enough to make the say "WHA" but not hard enough to leave a hair out of place. She'll keep this up until the cat is like "dude, I'm out" and hops down, then she hoggishly takes their nice, pre warmed spot for herself.
What a brat. =D
Sounds just like my cat Peaches. Guess that's why my vet said oh, she's a bi!@# when I described her

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Pumpkin face will lay down on Honeybee if bee dares lay in her spot on the couch.

Honeybee will try to steal Pumpys treats if pumps doesnt eat them fast enough

When Pumps was a kitten she used to push everything off the counters at night. Pens. Coins. Clutter. Papers. We would wake up and fish the car keys out from under the stove.

Honeybee catches critters and releases them in the house...we wanted to close the door when she goes out but didn't like that she couldn't come right in.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When he was a kitten, Mingo would stare at my tower CPU forever. I couldn't see anything on the CPU that would interest him - no flashing lights, no beeps or whirrs. Then one day I went to download some pictures from my camera and couldn't find the USB cable for the camera, which I had left plugged in to the CPU. A closer inspection revealed that Mingo had chewed the cable through right at the port. That's what he had been doing when I thought he was just staring at the tower.

In all, he chewed through seven AC adapters and USB cables. It cost a fortune to replace all those cables. Not to mention the time it took to get everything from the alarm clock to the telephones working again.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When he was a kitten, Mingo would stare at my tower CPU forever. I couldn't see anything on the CPU that would interest him - no flashing lights, no beeps or whirrs. Then one day I went to download some pictures from my camera and couldn't find the USB cable for the camera, which I had left plugged in to the CPU. A closer inspection revealed that Mingo had chewed the cable through right at the port. That's what he had been doing when I thought he was just staring at the tower.

In all, he chewed through seven AC adapters and USB cables. It cost a fortune to replace all those cables. Not to mention the time it took to get everything from the alarm clock to the telephones working again.
I pray he does not hurt himself! You can put bitter spray, available at most "pet" supply places, on the cables, or make a solution of cayenne pepper and water and put it on there. You can also buy cable protectors very reasonably. It's dangerous for a cat to chew on anything electrical!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Box springs were removed from my bed last year. Maggie would go under the bed,get on her back, clasp all for paws on it, then crawl underneath like spiderwoman
When our Elvis first joined us in 2016, he had his own room at first, which also contained my dad's bedroom suite. Elvis clawed his way through the netting and into the box spring, discarding most of the batting on the floor. This is an antique bed that had been pristine until then! I guess Elvis just needed to explore.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pray he does not hurt himself! You can put bitter spray, available at most "pet" supply places, on the cables, or make a solution of cayenne pepper and water and put it on there. You can also buy cable protectors very reasonably. It's dangerous for a cat to chew on anything electrical!
Not to worry. I put ChewSafe on all the cords after this. That didn't stop him recently from chewing through the spray cord on a gallon of Roundup, which infuriated me no end because it was brand new. He didn't get any of the poison, though. He's four years old now, and you would think he's beyond these kitten activities.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Little Bit (in my avatar) would grab any earphone cord and chew through it instantly. She was quite an expensive cat :) She’s gone now and our earphones are safe but I would give any number of earphones to have her back...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to worry. I put ChewSafe on all the cords after this. That didn't stop him recently from chewing through the spray cord on a gallon of Roundup, which infuriated me no end because it was brand new. He didn't get any of the poison, though. He's four years old now, and you would think he's beyond these kitten activities.
OH, wow, put it in the garage away from his reach! That stuff is lethal and it's destroying much. It has carcinogenic ingredients.

mekkababble

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My late cat, Shade, lived to be the ripe age of 21. In her heyday she was a fiery hellbeast. One very memorable occasion, she went to play in the attic which is right over the garage. Not soon after I hear this horrible crash and rush to the attic to check on her but she's not there. I notice about 1/4 of the attic floor missing and rush down to the garage to find a very stunned cat on top of the car and a pile of drywall with dust all around. To this day I can't figure out how she caused that much of the floor to collapse.

On another occasion, she brought a live squirrel into the house that took us a couple hours to get back outside.

She also tore up our house's insulation to make a cozy nest (even though she had access to plenty of warm and comfy sleeping spots), causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to the house.

For whatever reason, Shade loved fire. Like *loved* it to the point she'd try to climb into the fireplace while it was burning. I joke that she heard the demons of hell calling her home.

Here she is blowing a spit bubble.

I've adopted two of the sweetest kittens alive, but they ain't no Shade.
IMG_2922.JPG
IMG_2922.JPG
IMG_2922.JPG
IMG_2922.JPG
IMG_2922.JPG
IMG_2922.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My late cat, Shade, lived to be the ripe age of 21. In her heyday she was a fiery hellbeast. One very memorable occasion, she went to play in the attic which is right over the garage. Not soon after I hear this horrible crash and rush to the attic to check on her but she's not there. I notice about 1/4 of the attic floor missing and rush down to the garage to find a very stunned cat on top of the car and a pile of drywall with dust all around. To this day I can't figure out how she caused that much of the floor to collapse.

On another occasion, she brought a live squirrel into the house that took us a couple hours to get back outside.

She also tore up our house's insulation to make a cozy nest (even though she had access to plenty of warm and comfy sleeping spots), causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to the house.

For whatever reason, Shade loved fire. Like *loved* it to the point she'd try to climb into the fireplace while it was burning. I joke that she heard the demons of hell calling her home.

Here she is blowing a spit bubble.

I've adopted two of the sweetest kittens alive, but they ain't no Shade. View attachment 236201View attachment 236201 View attachment 236201 View attachment 236201 View attachment 236201View attachment 236201
*I've always thought cats can do just about anything if they have a mind to.*