Kitten who can't move

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyrosalie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I change it three times a day right now. Ill get a picture of his diaper tonight its very adorable! His diaper is handmade and has owls on it and i just change the pads inside of it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny, you are so good! Changing a cat's diaper 3 times a day. Who else would do that..

Did one of your friends make the special diaper for you?

It is a shame that he did not re-gain control of his pee and poops, but you are such a loving person, that it does not matter. 

I love that picture of both of you...you make a great couple!!!

To think what Reeves and you have gone through and his recovery----amazing.. I am still thinking Jackson Galaxy on Animal Planet would want to hear about this....

keep the pictures coming!! 

jennyrosalie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I belong to a group on fb that offers support for owners with cats with challenges and one of the ladies there has a website who makes them. It was very pricey, 28$ for one diaper with three pads so I only have one so far but im going to buy some more when i have the money! I dont mind caring for him, hes my little miracle baby.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have just now read your amazing story. Reeves is absolutely adorable. Bless you for taking such wonderful and heartfelt care of Reeves. He is so lucky that he has you.I am so happy that you decided to let him recover, and gave him the time he needed. You never gave up on him, and that shows what kind of character you possess. He has made a miraculous recovery, and it is all due to your love for him. He loves and trusts you.All of us here on TCS, will be thinking, and waiting for all the progress Reeves will make.He is truly a miracle, a fighter, and he will bring you joy for all the love and care that you have given him. Please keep updating on his condition. We are all rooting for him to make a full recovery. You are a very special person, and Reeves is a very special kitty. I am sending love and healing your way.

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow I started reading this thread a couple of hours ago...this really is an amazing story...thats all I can say A M A Z I N G! Thank you

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My #2 son would be in love with your ink (and probably your sweet face, too!).  He's also a musician.  Not fond of cats, though...I'm not sure where I got him!

That said, he is outraged by any form of cruelty, so there's that.

I have become so invested in the Reeves Story!  I can't wait to hear the next installment, and to see a pic of him in his diaper and onesy!

jennyrosalie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The tattoos definitely hurt but they are worth it to me. My sleeve has a fender strat guitar with the sheet music to round here by the counting crows. It was the guitar my dad always played and the song i grew up listening to because it was his favorite to play. The microphone is for me since im a singer and music is a huge part of my life. The roses are for my dads mother whose name was Rosalie and who passed away before i met her but my middle name is after her and she was such an incredible person i wanted to honor her.

Reeves and a onsie did not work haha but his diaper is still working. :)

:lol3:

jennyrosalie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

jennyrosalie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wanted to make sure everyone saw Reeves in his diaper! :)

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does the vet know why Reeves can't use the litter box?  I assume it's nerve damage, but his hind legs are working well enough for jumping, which leaves me feeling puzzled.  Is he simply unable to feel when he needs the litter box, or is he unable to control it long enough to get there?

Reeves is, of course, as adorable as always, even in his diaper, but one must admit that diapers and tails don't go together well.

I wonder whether you could buy a box of Pampers and cut those down to use as the pads in his diaper.  It might save you some money.

Margret

Last edited:

jennyrosalie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does the vet know why Reeves can't use the litter box?  I assume it's nerve damage, but his hind legs are working well enough for jumping, which leaves me feeling puzzled.  Is he simply unable to feel when he needs the litter box, or is he unable to control it long enough to get there?

Reeves is, of course, as adorable as always, even in his diaper, but one must admit that diapers and tails don't go together well.

I wonder whether you could buy a box of Pampers and cut down those to use as the pads in his diaper.  It might save you some money.

Margret
I havent asked the vet yet but its not a bad idea. The tail isnt an issue though as his diaper is special made for him and has a tail hole.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I havent asked the vet yet but its not a bad idea. The tail isnt an issue though as his diaper is special made for him and has a tail hole.
Oh, that's good.  It wasn't quite obvious in the pictures; I thought his adorable tail was coming out next to the diaper rather than through it.

I should mention that, while nerves do regrow (they used to think otherwise), they do so slowly, and the body seems to set priorities on which it grows back first.  Legs are more important for survival than bowel and bladder control, so those would be left until last.  This doesn't mean that they won't grow back eventually.

While Reeves is, of course, perfect just as he is, I'm sure it will be nice for the whole family should the time come someday when he no longer needs a diaper, and considering how far he's come already that possibility is not at all far-fetched.

Margret

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I only have two...more due to the difficulty of finding an artist I really trust than anything else.  One is two roses, for my two sons, the other is a Mardi Gras mask, for the hidden part of my life.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have two...more due to the difficulty of finding an artist I really trust than anything else.  One is two roses, for my two sons, the other is a Mardi Gras mask, for the hidden part of my life.
You've peaked my curiosity.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You've peaked my curiosity.
I got them years ago when Pagans in general and Wiccans in particular were NOT well received in most places.  I was deep in the broom closet.  Even the tattoo artist was Southern Baptist, so...I got way symbolic.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got them years ago when Pagans in general and Wiccans in particular were NOT well received in most places.  I was deep in the broom closet.  Even the tattoo artist was Southern Baptist, so...I got way symbolic.
I'd like to see a picture of the mask.