Kitten Has Slightly Gooky Eyes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We all are, especially since I'm willing and able to cook for the humans, should I be starting to help Siverheart wean her kittens yet? They'll be four weeks old soon.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wait until they are five weeks. Kittens are not very interested prior to that.

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No more kittens as of yet, but the babies or rather Master Summer have interest in lapping up food, so I've been offering them what I've termed 'goop' several times a day, good quality pate kitten food watered down to a gruel and mixed with some kitten replacement milk, Shiva tried it today but Cream Latte isn't interested yet.

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay somewhat sad update to this thread.....over labor day weekend Crystal went into labor but was unable to birth her kitten, as we have no emergency vet nearby we had to wait until today to take her in......as of right now she is stable after the surgery and will be at the vets overnight, the kitten did not survive. All three of the kittens from Silverheart are eating pate wet food though Cream Latte is a little weirdo and won't eat wet food mixed with kitten replacement milk but will eat pate mixed with some water so that it's thinner.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry to hear this. Was Crystal spayed during her surgery?

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was......but she is NOT okay, we just talked to the vet that operated on her and it's not so good at all, first of all she was pregnant, but at some point in gestation after we had confirmed the presence of the fetal kitten it passed away, so what we had thought was labor was actually her body trying to expel the infection and its cause which was the fetus, the uterus was also malformed in that there was only one horn of it and it was weak so.....it ruptured and while the vet took everything out and cleaned out the area she currently has a 50 50 chance for survival....I may make another thread for her due to this new information and the crisis that it is.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can keep posting in this thread. Sending thoughts to you and your girl.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, continue with this thread.

Is she on antibiotics?

I'm praying for Crystal to pull through. Poor kitty. :(

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is on antibiotics, which hopefully will help her. I'm not going to have an update on her wellbeing until the morning when we find out from the vet how her night was, but I'm really hoping she'll make it, and kind of kicking myself just a bit for not being firmer on having her spayed even though she was pregnant when we realized she was, or not having her checked out more thourally, but my partner just wanted to confirm that she was..............but the past is the past and cannot be changed, all I can do is move on and hope for the best for her. At least she knows we love her, we went in to see her after surgery and she was still really groggy but did recognize us and respond to gentle head petting with purrs so that's a good sign I think.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor girl! Hope everything goes well! Maybe that was why she was having seizures last week?

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Crystal actually has a history of seizures and panic attacks from when she was a tiny little malnourished six week old kitten that the previous owner just handed over and left without giving us any history on her, she's actually kinda a poster child on why not to get pets off of craigslist without getting information on them beforehand, the seizures and panic attacks she has come from said previous owner picking her up and throwing her against a wall for sleeping on their bed......if there hadn't been a nursing mama cat on the property at the time then she wouldn't have survived even that first day here, so she's always been the special needs kitty of the house and wasn't supposed to be allowed to become pregnant in the first place.......but once she was they wouldn't let me have her spayed because of the kitten but my reasoning was that with her health issues that we know about and the fact that there may be more that we did not know at that time it was too risky. I hate being right about something like that. But the infection didn't help much at all and did trigger the already existing condition though again that's only my opinion based on observing her.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Such a sad story about a sweet cat. I hope she is better today.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hurray! :)

How is she doing? Any word on when she gets to come home?

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She'll be able to come home today, so that's a step in the right direction, the plan is to keep her in a carrier for the most part until she feels better. Hopefully she does soon.

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Crystal is home now, in the carrier since she's really out of it and HATES the collar, but I'm going to make sure she recovers well, and that includes no outside and no running and playing. Won't be an issue until she starts feeling better which with that nasty infection will probably take a while.

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She ate about half a can of wet food and drank some water. Which was a relief.