Kitten Has Slightly Gooky Eyes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't done a pictoral update on the three kittens for a bit but I've been taking pictures of them weekly. Master Summer my partner wants to harness train, so he has a little rat harness on. I'm actually considering on getting two more for the girls since it will be easier to keep them safe if they're leash and harness trained. Cream Latte likes to try wearing her little collar as a sash.

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You shouldn't need more than one harness. The kitten shouldn't be left in a harness, and certainly not without supervision. You should be able to rotate.

They are cute, though!!

Do they all have collars on too?

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The babies all have collars, no tags or chips yet. Crystal is out of the carrier and I'm not entirely sure it's a good thing, y partner let her out because she was getting very upset to be in there, the sutures are bandaged over so she has a harder time of getting to them but I'm still worried about her getting them infected somehow.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens should not wear collars. They can get hooked on something and strangle. It's not safe until they are older, at which point they should be breakaway collars.

You need to tell your partner that you are in charge. If you think she needs more time in isolation, you are probably correct.

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought so with the kittens, they're too little for them. Crystal came home from a major surgery, while she may not like the isolation, she needs it if she has any chance to heal properly.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're in charge, and your instincts are good. Take the collars off and keep everyone safe.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is there a safe room that Crystal can be segregated from the others in for a few days while she heals? It might be more comfortable for her than being in a crate.

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is, I've moved her in there but overnight when we can't keep an eye on her so often she's going to be in the carrier. I got weights on the little ones, Shiva's the heaviest at one pound six ounces, Master Summer weighs one pound four ounces and my little Cream Latte weighs one pound three ounces.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Being out of the crate except for overnight is good.

Weights are good too!

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just a bit worried on Cream Latte, she's always been just a bit smaller than her siblings. So it was a major relief for me to get them weighed so I know they're on track with their weight gains.

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The litter of eight kittens was rejected by their mother.....and despite our best efforts.....none of them made it. Three got smushed by the mother.....three were runts and despite trying to supplement them.....didn't survive....and the last two......the mother literally kicked and they had internal bleeding. The older three are doing great, Crystal.....is still having seizures on occasion but she healed very well from her life saving surgery. It's also getting cold.....so Latte needs a little bit of help staying warm. The mother of the litter that didn't survive has been spayed, and I've set up an appointment to get Silverheart spayed, and one to take away the males well.....to empty the sack so to speak.

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about the kittens that didn’t make it. That’s terrible.

Do the cats have a cold? Their eyes and noses look to have some discharge.

When will you be able to have the kittens spayed and neutered?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree - what is happening with their eyes and noses?

I'm so sorry about the babies not making it. Very sad.

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They do have minor colds which are being treated, but my plan is to have them spayed and neutered at the very latest in March. Because the less we contribute to the overpopulation of cats the better in my opinion. My housemate still wants to allow the cats to breed, but I'm putting a stop to it. Shiva is especially prone to getting those upper respiratory infections, with her flattened face shape and lack of much if any bridge to her nose. So I keep a close eye on her as well as the other two, but they're current on their shots, and doing well on their weights and being treated for anything medical that crops up. Shiva actually might have to have a fang removed when her adult teeth come in because it didn't come in right when her baby teeth fully came in and might cause problems if it's the same when her adult teeth come in.

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get the girls spayed as soon as possible. If you need to wait a little on the males, you can. You definitely don’t need babies having babies, and you don’t need a whole host of inbred cats.

Fyrekit(Proud Cat Mommy)

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The lost but never forgotten litter. I do intend to have the girls spayed as soon as I possibly can. My finances should be able to manage it in December, or March at the very latest. Oh lord speaking of inbred......my housemate was planning on pairing one of the males from the litter of eight with Shiva aka short haired grey and white.

Attachments