It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched it, it was great. Many years ago when the Ryman was being renovated I went on a tour of it. It just gave me chills especially getting to stand on stage in the spot where so many greats stood to sing. This spot actually has a shallow dip from all the feet that stood there.
I don't doubt it at all. Hallowed (or hollowed?) ground, to be sure!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
That must have been incredible, Mia6 Mia6 ! I am so glad your precious memories are comforting to you, and they will continue to be so as time goes on. She is always watching over you!
So glad Callie is doing better, too.
Thank you, yes it was incredible. I never had children and I felt she was sharing that with me. My Cal is doing well. She is lonely for Vincie. I may foster at some point in time.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight at 8, artiemom artiemom ! Are you and Geoffrey ready? I know we are! :yess:
I have it on my DVR !

Did you watch the documentary, first episode, last night?

It was interesting.. but I fell fell asleep last half hour. I am recording the entire series.. do not know what I will rewatch it, but at least I will the it for a while.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have it on my DVR !

Did you watch the documentary, first episode, last night?

It was interesting.. but I fell fell asleep last half hour. I am recording the entire series.. do not know what I will rewatch it, but at least I will the it for a while.
I did! Yeah, it was kind of slow, but I saw it all and I'm glad I did, because it taught me a lot I didn't know, like how recent the music really is. Basically, he's saying it started as a genre in the 1920's. The music that went into it is a lot older, but the finished product that garnered mass appeal really had the means to do so when radio came along. I really like the way he shows how that process went.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess what my husband brought home from an estate sale today? A large cat painting
Great find, it's a beautiful painting! :)

Because cats, as a dear friend of mine used to say, are love made manifest.
Demi & Maggie definitely brought me back to my true self. :redheartpump:

My positive is I've been watching that PBS documentary on music and I found that having the TV on helps me sleep and lessens my nightmares. I sure have changed since my surgery. I used to need complete silence to sleep, but now I need the TV on. :headscratch:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Demi & Maggie definitely brought me back to my true self. :redheartpump: My positive is I've been watching that PBS documentary on music and I found that having the TV on helps me sleep and lessens my nightmares.
It's so nice to see you back in this thread. It's a good sign and a wonderful positive that made my day. :thumbsup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to feed the birds and have feeders all over the yard. The finches are draining the three thistle seed feeders (say that fast three times :)) every day and a half, stocking up for winter. Greedy beakers.
View attachment 300396
That's great, Tobermory Tobermory ! When I could afford it, before the prices skyrocketed here, I used to keep two feeders going with seed -- one for birds and the other, of course, for squirrels ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.