It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a beautiful day to be out and about. My appt. was brief so I got home around noon. Nicole had the day off so we hung out for a bit......I got another Buffalo chicken sammie...so good! The Valley Cafe make their own potato chips and are delicious.

Good news!! My Hannah starts back today!! She quit a month ago because she needed a job that offered health insurance because when she and Avery married they were no longer on their parents'. John from the agency hired her back and I am sooo pleased. Her husband must've found a new job with benefits.

Doc called in a sleeping med because I haven't been. I called him and told him about the Vincie girl and he said my grief was normal but I must sleep and eat. I didn't take it last night but I will tonight.

Pay day was yesterday! Going to make a list for Hannah. Gosh, I am so glad she's coming back. :yess:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up to a lovely, cool morning. Feels like autumn is close.

It is so wonderful to have my Hannah back. She is such a positive, cheerful person and an amazing helper.

I was able to sleep ok last night and I didn't take the sleeping pill. Doc wants me to catch up on sleep so I'll take one if I feel the need.

What's going on with all of you? Any positives?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Going to make a list for Hannah. Gosh, I am so glad she's coming back. :yess:
This triggered my promise to pm you the recipe for my pasta casserole. I'm so sorry I forgot, been busy lately with the start of the new school year but will get to it soon. :crossfingers:

The heating/air conditioning person was out early this morning and both our furnace and a/c are in good working order. So happy to get good news! :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
:crossfingers:

The heating/air conditioning person was out early this morning and both our furnace and a/c are in good working order. So happy to get good news! :)
Minnesotans. My heating/air person was just out as well. I learned some years back you don’t wait until October to get it checked out. Always makes me nervous though and I feel such relief when you get the all good.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I picked the first couple raspberries this morning. The bushes are loaded but very few ripe yet. The fall raspberries are the biggest and sweetest. I usually have fruit coming ripe until the end of October and while I am out mowing the leaves I always stop and snack from them.
We always had raspberries growing in the yard, both black and red. One of my favorite memories is picking and eating raspberries with my dad. :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We always had raspberries growing in the yard, both black and red. One of my favorite memories is picking and eating raspberries with my dad. :)
The plants are invasive and messy but I love having them. They are good for bees and somehow raspberries always taste the best when standing at the bush eating them. I have red and golden. The golden ones are pure heaven.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
The plants are invasive and messy but I love having them. They are good for bees and somehow raspberries always taste the best when standing at the bush eating them. I have red and golden. The golden ones are pure heaven.
[Gasp] Golden raspberries?? I’ve never seen or heard of those! I’ll have to see if I can find them around here. Raspberries are my favorite fruit.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
[Gasp] Golden raspberries?? I’ve never seen or heard of those! I’ll have to see if I can find them around here. Raspberries are my favorite fruit.
Yes, golden raspberries. The funny thing was I had them for quite a few years without tasting because they are a fall only berry and when they are ripe they look like an unripe red raspberry and so I overlooked them. When I finally realized what they were and tasted them I kicked myself for having missed out on them all those years.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went to Tampa to get away from Dorian and while I was there, I went to WM to get soft food for DD who had her wisdom teeth extracted last week (all of them). While I was there, I went to the pet section to look for a litter scoop. I found the cutest little tent on clearance and bought one for Sophie. She loves little caves and hidey holes. I set it up when we got home but she's been ignoring it. I gave it a spritz of catnip spray and after I picked DD up from work tonight, we came home to this:

upload_2019-9-6_1-5-8.png

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We went to Tampa to get away from Dorian and while I was there, I went to WM to get soft food for DD who had her wisdom teeth extracted last week (all of them). While I was there, I went to the pet section to look for a litter scoop. I found the cutest little tent on clearance and bought one for Sophie. She loves little caves and hidey holes. I set it up when we got home but she's been ignoring it. I gave it a spritz of catnip spray and after I picked DD up from work tonight, we came home to this:

View attachment 298892
Oh, Kat0121 Kat0121 She looks sooo adorable!! My Vincie girl would've loved that. Sorry you had to evacuate. I hope your DD is feeling better and in little pain.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
This triggered my promise to pm you the recipe for my pasta casserole. I'm so sorry I forgot, been busy lately with the start of the new school year but will get to it soon. :crossfingers:

No worries. I have it now since you sent it to me. :D

Was a beautiful day yesterday. No ac needed and a breeze. Hannah made bacon and eggs and BLTs for later. Callie is still looking for the Vincie girl and she's very needy. I've been giving her lots of kisses.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
For the past 4 days, I've been walking at least 2 - 4km a day. I have to in order to get to school. The reason I'm walking instead of taking the bus is because I want to get stronger (also because the bus is packed and I hate being squished into people I don't know). The first day, I had to stop and break several times. But today, I was able to walk 2km to school and 2km back home without stopping or feeling exhausted. :hyper:

By the end of the semester, my legs will be super toned and my heart will be in great shape.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
For the past 4 days, I've been walking at least 2 - 4km a day.
Good for you, exercise is good for both physical and mental health. When you exercise your endorphins kick in, it improves your mood and you feel better.

When my husband was eating cereal this morning part of his tooth broke in two pieces. Fortunately the dentist squeezed him in and was able to temporarily fix the tooth. He may need a crown or root canal down the road but for now the tooth is much better and the bill was less expensive than we thought too. :wink:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily Glad to hear about the walking. Exercise does make us feel better.
neely neely Happy to hear your husband was able to get into the dentist quickly.

Yesterday was another beautiful day. It was Hannah's 23rd birthday so I got her a little cake. I needed other things at the store so she picked it up but didn't know what it was unless she peeked. I got 2 pounds of strawberries, Honeycrisp apples,
and a few more things for the weekend.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We had a plumber here a few weeks back to replace some fixtures. We were having issues with one, but he came by and took care of it. What a difference!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Look who decided that she also likes the tent I bought?

upload_2019-9-7_14-51-13.png

I looked up and first thought it was Sophie but she was napping on the couch. Lilith likes it too. This photo was taken about an hour or so ago and she's still in it. It does have a nice, soft pillow in it as you can see. I really didn't think she'd use it since she normally naps on or under my bed. I'm so glad she likes it too.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I got an early start today and headed out to the farmer's market. I wanted to go this particular market because one of the vendors makes the most delicious variety of breads. There are always the favorites plus her specialty of the week. If you don't get there early she sells out. Fortunately I made it in time to get a yummy Organic Raisin Roasted Walnut bread. I could hardly wait to get home and cut a slice. Sooooo good. :yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.