Is This A Bad Idea?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hope you don't mind a little update:

He is inside most of the time now. Has NOT been spraying and they all eat dinner together. I also let him in for the night on the 4th of July because of the fireworks. He loves to just lay out on the carpet and sleep and Toby tried everything he can to get Thomas to play haha

1.jpg
2.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course we don't mind! Your cats are the friendliest cats I've ever seen, the way they interact with each other. Thanks for the video. What do you think made him stop spraying? That's great that Thomas is mostly indoors now. :)

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have been feeding this stray cat for the last few months. I say stray because I honestly think he had an owner at one time because he is an absolute love bug once he trusts you. He has now made my patio a permanent home. He gets fed in the morning when I feed my cats, and then in the evening. He also lets me brush him and pick him up and he knows how to play with toys so we sometimes have play time as well. He also looks to be fixed so I am positive someone left him behind(poor guy).
So here is my dilemma...I live in a 800 sqft apartment and already have 2 cats. Also Thomas (that is what I named the stray) always begs to come inside and wants to stay but I can't really do that. So I had this crazy idea. What if my parents take him??
My mom came over last night and I let Thomas in. He was hesitant at first but soon enough he was playing with my mom and letting her pet him and even purring for her. My dad has always wanted a big cat and Thomas definitely is the biggest cat I have ever seen in my life and so mellow.
Would it be a bad idea if I got him used to my parents and took him to their house? He would be such a good cat I just know it and they have a huge front yard and backyard. He would be able to hangout in the yard during the day and they have the space to let him in at night and just love on him as much as he wants...He doesn't really get along with my two little ones.
So would that totally mess him up if I took him to my parents house? I just feel bad he has to stay outside...he does have a covered cat house on my porch but never uses it just wants in and on the couch :(
I don' think so..Cats are pretty adaptable creatures and can adapt to most any situation....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Of course we don't mind! Your cats are the friendliest cats I've ever seen, the way they interact with each other. Thanks for the video. What do you think made him stop spraying? That's great that Thomas is mostly indoors now. :)
Awww well thank you I'm glad you think they are so friendly I tried to raise them to be tolerable and love other cats and doggies too. And I am not sure..I decided to get him a few toys of his own and a scratching post for indoors. Maybe he feels like hes more apart of my little family? maybe that's why no more spraying but I am not sure. Either way Toby harasses him for kisses all the time and Thomas is so patient and just sits there and licks toby as much as he wants its very cute to watch. He even lets them sniff and get close to his food which is surprising for a stray.