Is This A Bad Idea?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He sure knows how to make it hard for you to be mad at him. :catlove:
Oh for sure...I think he smelled "cat lady" on me when he first saw me and he just knew that I was a big pushover for animals :p but at least he listens haha...my dad was very surprised that I was able to walk up to him and pick him and and carry him..he said that he would be scared of a giant cat like that :lol2: I said its okay hes a big BABY

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. How is Thomas doing? Has your Dad stolen him yet? I had a hard time finding this thread again. I had to do a board search for "Thomas". It's a good thing I remembered his name. :D

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi. How is Thomas doing? Has your Dad stolen him yet? I had a hard time finding this thread again. I had to do a board search for "Thomas". It's a good thing I remembered his name. :D

Hehe My dad does love him but my mom said she would feel guilty making him leave what he's used to so she's been spoiling him with buying canned food and dry food. I also gave him some flea treatment and been brushing him and letting him inside my apartment when he feels like it. Most of the time he actually prefers to be on my patio. I put a big water bowl out there and he has a faux fur rug that he loves to sleep on and he gets fed twice a day..He shows up at 6 am and 5;30pm like clockwork now. He greets both my cats with kisses or headbutts and he loves to jump in my lap when I sit out on the patio and drink my coffee. For now he is going to stay my patio/sometimes indoor kitty. But it has been agreed upon that when I move into a two bedroom and have more space I will get another giant cat tree and Thomas will be indoor as well. It's still a work in progress but he's being well taken care of :)

P.S I really do think he has an owner....He looks so super healthy even his ears and I gave him some all natural flea treatment just because he's outdoors a lot but when I checked him for fleas he had none. Also he's neutered. Not sure why no one has come forward but it really seems he has an owner just maybe prefers my house.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so sweet how he kisses the other cats. What a lovebug. Oh, I hope he doesn't have another owner.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's so sweet how he kisses the other cats. What a lovebug. Oh, I hope he doesn't have another owner.
He is very sweet indeed and loves to walk right under me at all times. He's a big baby and lets me groom him and check him daily for any scratches or things because I am a worry wart.

And I hope not but I keep getting a feeling like he does. Especially because where I live no one ever fixes their cats unless they are ferals and have been part of the TNR program..in which case they clip the ear...The fact that his ear isn't clipped but he is fixed and healthy seems to me like someone keeps him as an outdoor cat or he just doesn't really like his home that much.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to update this thread with some recent pictures from this weekend :)
Thomas loves his new toy and I have also been letting him in more since it's been getting hot.
He's just a real cutie and I love everything about him so here's some pictures because I just couldn't help myself. :angel3::hearthrob::redheartpump:

Also something worth mentioning since I have been grooming him...His undercoat is orange??! How weird is that. You can't see any orange on him until you part his fur and then it's orange and a bit wavy/Curly

1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a cute toy. What is it, an octopus on a pole? Yeah, that is kind of different with the orange on the stomach.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh what a cute toy. What is it, an octopus on a pole? Yeah, that is kind of different with the orange on the stomach.
Yes it's an octopus/spider on a string and you can push the belly and then a laser light turns on so he likes to chase the laser too...I like to see him all perked up and happy like that when he's playing....And yes so his coat seems to be orange all the way up till the tips where it turns to that gray and black pattern...it's very interesting

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww look how comfy he looks! :redheartpump:
Yes lol we now have a routine...he will be laying at my front door every day at 5:30pm and he waltzes inside and just hangs out and sleeps and plays till the sun goes down and then asks to go out...and he will sleep on the landing in front of my bedroom screen door and then we meet again in the morning for breakfast:thumbsup:

abbyemma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It does sound like he had a home once upon a time - - sadly far too many people do leave pets when they move, or just plain toss them out when they're "done" with them. And it sounds like he'd absolutely love to be someone's permanent buddy
This makes me so so so sad. He clearly is a cat that really is comfortable with people, and I just do NOT understand how someone can leave a family member behind. So many of these posts make me so happy but also so sad for the kitty. It makes me even feel worse in a weird way that he still trusts people and wants to be with people. They just want a home and love :(

Edit: I did not realize this post had so many replies and I just read the last ones and now I feel happy :) and somehow even MORE sad that someone could leave him he is beautiful!

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This makes me so so so sad. He clearly is a cat that really is comfortable with people, and I just do NOT understand how someone can leave a family member behind. So many of these posts make me so happy but also so sad for the kitty. It makes me even feel worse in a weird way that he still trusts people and wants to be with people. They just want a home and love :(

Edit: I did not realize this post had so many replies and I just read the last ones and now I feel happy :) and somehow even MORE sad that someone could leave him he is beautiful!

Don't worry he has been taken to the vet and the vet said I actually have been feeding him a bit too much :thud:oops! lol but other than that in great shape he got some shots and was checked for microchip which surprise surprise the number is "no longer valid" but we play, I groom him, and he gets to be inside till he wants out. And once I moved out of my tiny one bedroom he will be coming with me and my two other cats. :heartshape:
And you're right he is absolutely gorgeous at 23 pounds! LOL But he will be well taken care of now and he gets loved on till he decides "no more mom I want out now" :angel3:

abbyemma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel like you guys were meant to meet! I am so happy that you have taken him in, he looks very content. You turned his world around! He could have spent the rest of his life alone fending for himself outside. Now he is taking up the whole sofa :hyper: and looks very much at home.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
View media item 421357
Hopefully this gives you an idea :) hehe the smaller gray one is Toby and Thomas is the big guy. They love each other so much idk how it happened :cloud9::cloud9:
But he is still indoor/outdoor since I am at the max amount of pets for my apartment but hopefully ill be getting a bigger place soon and he will be coming with us. Just need to figure out how to get him to not spray because if he's inside for along time he sprays :disappointed:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, how sweet! You have the friendliest kitties. Sorry about the spraying. He's neutered and eats canned food, right? Those are the only 2 things that I know of that stop spraying. Does he eat a lot of dry food? Demi sprays if he eats too much dry food.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww, how sweet! You have the friendliest kitties. Sorry about the spraying. He's neutered and eats canned food, right? Those are the only 2 things that I know of that stop spraying. Does he eat a lot of dry food? Demi sprays if he eats too much dry food.
Yes Toby is so sweet with him and everytime he sees him he just lays on his back and coos and shows Thomas his belly or rubs on him like that. And Stella just sniffs him and makes cooing sounds too. And he gets dry food in the morning but usually doesn't eat much of it and then get 2 cans of wet food mixed together in the evening and I even add water to it. And yes he's fixed so I am not quite sure why he is doing that but I catch him marking the outside walls of my apartment too! He does his little walk around and just marks all over

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. 2 cans of wet food should definitely be enough to keep the urine flowing good. Must be a territory thing then? Maybe he's saying this house is mine?

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Huh. 2 cans of wet food should definitely be enough to keep the urine flowing good. Must be a territory thing then? Maybe he's saying this house is mine?
Yes that's possibly what I was thinking because even when he's inside if he goes to the bathroom where the litter boxes are, he sprays those too so he is not allowed in there anymore lol. But I do spend a lot of time with him he gets fed and brushed and played with and gets flea medication and gets to be inside and spend time with my kitties.