Is This A Bad Idea?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here’s Thomas from tonight... I let him in and he started exploring and believe it or not he was purring while he was walking around! Don’t know what that means but the big guy seemed please with my bedroom and he jumped up on my tv stand and also played with Stella under the bed haha
8FF55FD0-AE00-41DF-81B0-3C6953BEEEBC.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did your Dad come over last night to see him? He's going to be jealous if you decide to keep him for yourself. But maybe he can get a big boy kitty of his own at the shelter. :)

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did your Dad come over last night to see him? He's going to be jealous if you decide to keep him for yourself. But maybe he can get a big boy kitty of his own at the shelter. :)
My dad did come over and we waited and waited for Thomas to show up but my dad got called into work... he left around 5 in the afternoon and shortly after Thomas showed up hahahahaha so that didn’t go as planned but he is getting along better and better with my two

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here he was this morning hanging out with me... my other two were sleeping under my chair.. and Thomas was relaxing with us after all the cats had their breakfast
B3F0ACC2-D4D8-4E89-BA3D-A20E22814CE7.jpeg

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love the new pics! What a handsome, healthy-looking fella! You asked about the purring while he was walking around...some cats (definitely not all) purr when very upset, very scared or hurt, but generally it's because they're very happy (I'm sure you knew that one :)). When it's the first three reasons I mentioned, it's almost like a self-soothing thing. Based on everything you've shared - including the photos and video, I think you can safely rule out those first three! He's obviously very comfy with you, with the current furry residents, and with your home in general. He's a happy boy!

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Love the new pics! What a handsome, healthy-looking fella! You asked about the purring while he was walking around...some cats (definitely not all) purr when very upset, very scared or hurt, but generally it's because they're very happy (I'm sure you knew that one :)). When it's the first three reasons I mentioned, it's almost like a self-soothing thing. Based on everything you've shared - including the photos and video, I think you can safely rule out those first three! He's obviously very comfy with you, with the current furry residents, and with your home in general. He's a happy boy!

Yes that's what i was thinking is maybe he was very pleased with my apartment set up haha. He has been snoozing on my patio all weekend and the cats and i have been going out there to spend some time with him. He even rolled onto his back and was trying to paw at and play with Toby hehe.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A little update...my dad met him last night! My parents came over to bring me some Subway because they like to spoil me when I ask :p hehe but Thomas was out on the patio. My dad came in and saw him and I could already tell that he was getting excited!
So I brought Thomas in and believe it or not within about 2 minutes he was letting my dad pet him and also played with him! I ended up letting Thomas back outside on my enclosed patio so that we could eat, and afterwards because my dad just cannot help himself he went out on the patio to see Thomas again. I for sure thought Thomas would run off but nope..my dad stuck his hand out and Thomas rolled over onto his back and let my dad rub him :yess:. So all is going well and I can safely say my dad is smitten with him haha he was asking is he part wildcat because my dad said that's the biggest cat he's ever seen. So I think they need to meet a few more times and Thomas can be well on his way to being a love bug with them...he also let my mom pet him with no hesitation at all.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, I knew it would be love at first sight between Thomas and your dad. It sounds like he'll be loved no matter which house he ends up at. :)

Last edited:

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ha, I knew it would be love at first sight between Thomas and your dad. It sounds like he'll be loved no matter which house he ends up at. :)
Oh he for sure will...He even is now letting me brush him more and more and he seems super comfortable inside although he did walk up to my kitties litter box and sprayed it which I wasn't happy about :evilgrin:. But I immediately cleaned it and my two kitties were none the wiser :cool2: But I do think once he gets used to my parents he will do much better as an only cat. He seems to really enjoy one on one attention and then just lounging around. I think overall he would make a wonderful lap tiger for my dad and he would have his own space :) But we will see either way he will be taken care of. My mom came over with about 45 cans of friskies wet food and a giant bag of dry food :)

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh great, glad he's getting some canned food too. :)
He gets dry kibble in the morning and then at night I give him 2 of the 5oz cans of wet food and I sprinkle this Lysine immune system powder on top of it because I give that to my kitties too and it helps keep them healthy...I figure since he is outside it wouldn't hurt to build up his immune system a bit :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The spraying is a little concerning. Has he been neutered?

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The spraying is a little concerning. Has he been neutered?
Yes he is surprisingly.....but I did hear that sometimes if they don't get neutered till later on that they might still spray? I'm not sure if that's true or not

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he peeing okay? Big enough clumps, not tiny ones? Or does he pee outside?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes he is surprisingly.....but I did hear that sometimes if they don't get neutered till later on that they might still spray? I'm not sure if that's true or not
Actually the SPCA told me that when I was looking to adopt a cat and asked about a big fluffy male cat, who they'd recently neutered. Hopefully Thomas won't be making a habit of that. :crossfingers:

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is he peeing okay? Big enough clumps, not tiny ones? Or does he pee outside?
He pees outside I assume...yesterday was the first time he wandered into the bathroom where the cat litter is and he didn't even squat just "poof" let out a squirt but he does not go to the bathroom inside my place

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Actually the SPCA told me that when I was looking to adopt a cat and asked about a big fluffy male cat, who they'd recently neutered. Hopefully Thomas won't be making a habit of that. :crossfingers:
He seems to know it was wrong because I told him no we don't do that you go potty outside :cringe: and then he got on his back and showed me his belly and grabbed my ankles lol