Introducing me and my cats.

mmdesolate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey, I'm Miles. I've had an account here for a little bit but just started posting recently. I'm Canadian and I've loved cats my whole life.

I have 2 cats in my house right now, and that number will grow to 4 in a few weeks, when the kittens I've pre-adopted are fixed, vaccinated, and have had a few days to recover from their procedures.

The Resident Cats

Twitch
20221222_104752.jpg

Born October 12, 2013

Twitch was adopted by my family from the city humane society on his very first adoptable day in December 2013. Somehow, despite being an 8 week old baby, he already had an aggression warning. Two other people wanted him, but since my dad carried him the whole time we filled out his papers, we got him. His shelter name was Bruce, but my family renamed him Twitch because he was very easily startled and "twitchy" when he was young. As an older adult, he's definitely not aggressive, and I wouldn't even say he's very easily startled anymore. He runs from Mallow's attempts to wrestle with him, and he's extremely loving towards all people. Despite not being related to Mallow, he's about the same size, being 19 lbs currently with an ideal weight of 15-16 lbs (weight measured and advice given by our vet this July)

Mallow
20230727_183400.jpg

Born April 30, 2015

Marshmallow "Mallow" was a free "oops kitten" from my neighbours. My sister named him before we even actually owned him "because Marshmallow is a cute name for a cat" and I let her keep that name on him because it fits him, he looks like a very toasted marshmallow. He doesn't like strangers or any unexpected noise, but loves to have supervised outside time. He's mostly attached to my mom. He's both larger than the average cat and overweight, probably about 20 lbs current weight and 15 lbs ideal.

The Kittens

??? (Temporary/foster name Spike, but this will probably be changed when I get to know her)
received_6848274448518143.jpeg

Born June 18, 2023

??? (Temporary/foster name Tazi, but this will probably be changed when I get to know him)
received_251655914487149.jpeg

Born June 18, 2023

I first found out about these two particles from a listing on Kijiji. The person who irresponsibly kept trying to breed their mother (despite none of her kittens from 4 different litters surviving past a few hours) had finally produced a healthy litter from her and, afraid of getting too attached to her and her three two-day-old kittens, was trying to give the family of cats to anyone who would take them. They were taken in by a cat rescue organization in my city, and I've been in contact with their foster caretaker since. I applied to pre-adopt them last week, got accepted, and will be able to take them home once they've been spayed/neutered and have their first round of vaccines. I'm so excited to have kittens around for the first time since Mallow was little!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mmdesolate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome Miles to TCS mmdesolate mmdesolate !

Twitch and Mallow are great looking cats despite their weight issues and congrats on the new littles coming to live with you soon.
Twitch used to be way heavier, he was 24 lbs when he still lived with my dad! The boys are fat because they grew up being free fed, and it turns out leaving out food at all times for young adult, large, neutered male cats (they were always hungry but they don't have as high calorie requirements as kittens or intact cats) results in them becoming very rotund.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

You have some gorgeous cats. A few of my neutered males are quite chunky too. My most rotund one is Little Boy, who weighs around 17lbs now. He's actually lost a few pounds in the past few years.

The two new kittens look adorable. Please keep us updated, I'd love to hear what new names you end up giving them.

:heartshape:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A BIG weIcome to you, Twitch, MaIIow, and the two kittens, whom I won't name untiI you decide on something that suits them!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
Nice to have another Canadian join us. 🇨🇦

Beautiful family of felines. :catlove:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
cute-cats-fence-saying-hello-illustration_77984-488.jpg
Miles, Twitch, Mallow, Spike and Tazi and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
3927543b9f9b7bb1bfb24669a09e2225.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Your kitties are so lovely! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi there--your kitties are beautiful. So good of you and your family to take in these shelter kitties. Welcome to TCS! :hellocomputer: