Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I got my flight changed in just a few clicks. For the hotel and the car, I had to call the Southwest Rewards number. Cue aspy anxiety about having to talk to customer service. After a few messages to the effect of, "this is for Southwest Rewards travel OTHER than flights", I finally got through to a person with no further wait time. Rebecca helped me cancel both the car and the hotel and get the points refunded back to my account. I wish I could say it was painless. But I had to cough up another 8000 points to cancel those reservations. I have the Southwest credit card and I've just been racking up the points (especially with all the vet visits that go on that card) and I had plenty of points to burn. No sense paying cash to cancel cashless travel rewards.

I don't know if you're experiencing this as well, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I am finding the pandemic has actually been good for my aspy resistance to change and ability to roll with it. I've just had too many changes forced upon me in the last three years to continue to freak out over every one of them. Sure, I still get worked up a little. But then I think of all the other changes that were forced upon me in the last few years and how none of them have proven fatal yet. I let the "don't wannas" have their say for a bit. Then I tell myself, "we've been through this before and we'll get through this one too." So one big rock removed. Now I have to review one of my broker accounts being merged with another investment company and what that all means to me. And the last big rock this weekend (which admittedly can wait a week) is open enrollment since I know I won't be renewing Kaiser.

I'm still nervous about tomorrow's weigh-in. But I'm feeling so much better about Betty's eating again. She was about a day away from a wet willy. I had the Mirataz removed from the medicine cabinet and ready to use it. But I wanted to give the poobiotic another day or two. Then we switched cases and I realized we didn't need "the juice" after all.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I got my flight changed in just a few clicks. For the hotel and the car, I had to call the Southwest Rewards number. Cue aspy anxiety about having to talk to customer service. After a few messages to the effect of, "this is for Southwest Rewards travel OTHER than flights", I finally got through to a person with no further wait time. Rebecca helped me cancel both the car and the hotel and get the points refunded back to my account. I wish I could say it was painless. But I had to cough up another 8000 points to cancel those reservations. I have the Southwest credit card and I've just been racking up the points (especially with all the vet visits that go on that card) and I had plenty of points to burn. No sense paying cash to cancel cashless travel rewards.

I don't know if you're experiencing this as well, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I am finding the pandemic has actually been good for my aspy resistance to change and ability to roll with it. I've just had too many changes forced upon me in the last three years to continue to freak out over every one of them. Sure, I still get worked up a little. But then I think of all the other changes that were forced upon me in the last few years and how none of them have proven fatal yet. I let the "don't wannas" have their say for a bit. Then I tell myself, "we've been through this before and we'll get through this one too." So one big rock removed. Now I have to review one of my broker accounts being merged with another investment company and what that all means to me. And the last big rock this weekend (which admittedly can wait a week) is open enrollment since I know I won't be renewing Kaiser.

I'm still nervous about tomorrow's weigh-in. But I'm feeling so much better about Betty's eating again. She was about a day away from a wet willy. I had the Mirataz removed from the medicine cabinet and ready to use it. But I wanted to give the poobiotic another day or two. Then we switched cases and I realized we didn't need "the juice" after all.
Such good news about Betty's diet! Hoping it continues on that path.
Oh yeah, big big BIGtime on the good effects of the pandemic! Exactly as you say. And the "I'm still here, still breathing, brain works, body works, on to the next thing!" effect is definitely a good one for me, too.
Sorry about those points, but glad you were able to get it done with minimal (?) pain. Oh yeah, customer service/tech support are torture for me, too. I really don't like being close to tears from frustration at having to deal with people who are trained to act like uncaring morons.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my Garfield has Seasonal Affective Disorder. When it’s gray, she wants to sleep all day. I mean she already wants to sleep all day. But she doesn’t eat well when the sun doesn’t come out. Still. Half lunch remainder is better than whole lunch remainder. Tonight through she’s lagging. It probably looks better from the chair than it does on the plate. But I think this will be a 1/3 remainder on dinner. She didn’t even hound me for a dinner treat. Let’s see how she does on second dinner/overnight and the weigh in tomorrow. I suspect she may go back on steroids later this year. It seemed to stabilize her appetite and it was possibly also helping with her joints. And as long as we can get her to every other day or every third day, I’d be happy with that for the long term. Or at least until I find that (probably raw or homemade) food that she enjoys eating and keeps her lean.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my Garfield has Seasonal Affective Disorder. When it’s gray, she wants to sleep all day. I mean she already wants to sleep all day. But she doesn’t eat well when the sun doesn’t come out. Still. Half lunch remainder is better than whole lunch remainder. Tonight through she’s lagging. It probably looks better from the chair than it does on the plate. But I think this will be a 1/3 remainder on dinner. She didn’t even hound me for a dinner treat. Let’s see how she does on second dinner/overnight and the weigh in tomorrow. I suspect she may go back on steroids later this year. It seemed to stabilize her appetite and it was possibly also helping with her joints. And as long as we can get her to every other day or every third day, I’d be happy with that for the long term. Or at least until I find that (probably raw or homemade) food that she enjoys eating and keeps her lean.
Yeah, well, I think it's pretty natural and normal for most of us of whatever species to want to burrow into nice soft warm blankets when Autumn & Winter come. It's just all about comfort, right? and maybe more, for some -- I LOVE cool, cloudy, rainy (& snowy, which I miss) weather, so I'm not really familiar with that, although sometimes, yes, I feel more positive when I see the sun (as long as I'm not expecting any deliveries ;)).
Smallest dose of steroids might be best. But hoping you do find that PURRfect food, or array of foods, that make(s) Betty happy.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10.28 vs last week’s 10.38 and the 10.6 reading the week before.
EB09B58C-8D88-4760-B1AA-46E369EDBC87.jpeg D01AC8BA-BD64-4340-8A97-6131CFA28061.jpeg 2ED66544-1B68-4F9C-84DB-155EE1938684.jpeg
Still losing weight. But not as quickly. I was seriously nervous that she would drop below 10 lbs this week. If we can stabilize here, I’d be overjoyed. Even if she still has a little more weight to lose. I say it again and again. I want her to lose it through positive action. Not wasting away.

She left 1/3 of first dinner and a 1/3 or second dinner. She’s barely looked at breakfast. But I gave her weigh in treats and extra because she wouldn’t shut up about her usual breakfast prep treat (while I prep my breakfast, she expects a treat.)

I got the Loop on Friday. Maybe it’s just a coincidence, but her eating seemed to have gone wonky since I started Looping her again. Assisi couldn’t answer this with Krista. She would get a gurgly stomach sometimes when I Looped her. Maybe that particular kind of inflammation doesn’t benefit from tPEMF—like how my laser tells me not to use it with cancer as it will increase the blood flow to the cancer. In any case, it’s an easy test to pause the Loop for a few days and see if her remainders lessen or disappear. More likely, she was simply excited about the new case. Now the new case isn’t so new anymore. I put a touch of powdered rabbit treat on one half of her breakfast this morning. At the same time, she only gets one Greenie a week now. That’s her weigh in treat. And it may not be agreeing with her. I tend to be a little more forgiving on her remainders on weigh-in morning/afternoon as she lets the Greenie weigh in her stomach

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10.28 vs last week’s 10.38 and the 10.6 reading the week before.
View attachment 460751View attachment 460752View attachment 460753
Still losing weight. But not as quickly. I was seriously nervous that she would drop below 10 lbs this week. If we can stabilize here, I’d be overjoyed. Even if she still has a little more weight to lose. I say it again and again. I want her to lose it through positive action. Not wasting away.

She left 1/3 of first dinner and a 1/3 or second dinner. She’s barely looked at breakfast. But I gave her weigh in treats and extra because she wouldn’t shut up about her usual breakfast prep treat (while I prep my breakfast, she expects a treat.)

I got the Loop on Friday. Maybe it’s just a coincidence, but her eating seemed to have gone wonky since I started Looping her again. Assisi couldn’t answer this with Krista. She would get a gurgly stomach sometimes when I Looped her. Maybe that particular kind of inflammation doesn’t benefit from tPEMF—like how my laser tells me not to use it with cancer as it will increase the blood flow to the cancer. In any case, it’s an easy test to pause the Loop for a few days and see if her remainders lessen or disappear. More likely, she was simply excited about the new case. Now the new case isn’t so new anymore. I put a touch of powdered rabbit treat on one half of her breakfast this morning. At the same time, she only gets one Greenie a week now. That’s her weigh in treat. And it may not be agreeing with her. I tend to be a little more forgiving on her remainders on weigh-in morning/afternoon as she lets the Greenie weigh in her stomach
Wishing we understood Cattish so Betty could give us some idea of what's going on.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At two pm, I pulled the covers back from the blanket nest she was in since 10am and said, “don’t give me hungry mouth. Go eat something!” I spooned a little off her plate and onto a mini tray and served it to her in bed. It was just a few bites. But I think that probably held off an acid barf. And it probably postponed her lunch. Because while I showered expecting her to visit the plate, she just changed napping venues and went into one of her fish caves. 🤦🏼‍♂️ If she has a hairball, maybe the hunger pangs will help squish, crunch, contract, and help it along down the long way rather than the shorter return trip.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At two pm, I pulled the covers back from the blanket nest she was in since 10am and said, “don’t give me hungry mouth. Go eat something!” I spooned a little off her plate and onto a mini tray and served it to her in bed. It was just a few bites. But I think that probably held off an acid barf. And it probably postponed her lunch. Because while I showered expecting her to visit the plate, she just changed napping venues and went into one of her fish caves. 🤦🏼‍♂️ If she has a hairball, maybe the hunger pangs will help squish, crunch, contract, and help it along down the long way rather than the shorter return trip.
Hopefully. That was thoughtful of you! I tell Elvis that, too, and sometimes he does cooperate. He absolutely knows what I'm saying when I tell him that. He also knows about "combies?" and "brushies?" and responds eagerly to them.
*Ten a.m.? On a Sunday? Well, that's not late. Especially for a CAT.* ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She barely ate any lunch. And sure enough. She had an acid spit. And as I’m looking for the other, “Betty, where’s the other spit? I know these come in pairs. Oh never mind. I found it. I just stepped in it.” 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

She pooped a third leg. I didn’t even have to pick that one apart to know there was hair in there. That was more poop than she ate in the past day. So yeah. I think the hairball took the long way. But not before taking her appetite with it. I thought for sure that after that poop, she’d stage a rally for dinner. Nope! She barely ate any dinner. Mostly just the cake frosting mixed in.

On the one paw, I feel like I’m too quick to juice up her meals when she’s not eating. And on the other, how many remainders does she have to turn in before juicing her meals (or her ears) become a necessity? I’ll be calling the new vet tomorrow to hear her thoughts on whether we proceed with her dental in two weeks or put it off and take her to the IM.

I juiced up her second dinner. It has a 20% mix of A/D to I/D and I put some powdered rabbit treat over it. I did that on one half (so really that’s a 40% mix) and an unaltered other half. I both want to give her a choice and also see if she’ll eat more than just the juiced half. What she skimmed off the top already after snubbing dinner is promising. But I fear that extra fat from A/D is just going to get the next hairball started. I can’t sustainably juice up her every meal. But I wanted to make sure she ate something tonight. But I’m convinced now. Her balance, if it even exists, is far too delicate to do it without a little pred. Well. Let me speak with the vet. The other vet said there is a standing Rx available to me for buprenorphine. I suppose we could try that. We should know in just a few doses if pain is holding back her eating. But yeah. Unless she rallies overnight and finishes breakfast, I don’t see how we’re not re-engaging with her IM. The only doubt I have now is whether we should proceed with the dental or reschedule that when her eating is more consistent, probably with some pred in her regime.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She barely ate any lunch. And sure enough. She had an acid spit. And as I’m looking for the other, “Betty, where’s the other spit? I know these come in pairs. Oh never mind. I found it. I just stepped in it.” 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

She pooped a third leg. I didn’t even have to pick that one apart to know there was hair in there. That was more poop than she ate in the past day. So yeah. I think the hairball took the long way. But not before taking her appetite with it. I thought for sure that after that poop, she’d stage a rally for dinner. Nope! She barely ate any dinner. Mostly just the cake frosting mixed in.

On the one paw, I feel like I’m too quick to juice up her meals when she’s not eating. And on the other, how many remainders does she have to turn in before juicing her meals (or her ears) become a necessity? I’ll be calling the new vet tomorrow to hear her thoughts on whether we proceed with her dental in two weeks or put it off and take her to the IM.

I juiced up her second dinner. It has a 20% mix of A/D to I/D and I put some powdered rabbit treat over it. I did that on one half (so really that’s a 40% mix) and an unaltered other half. I both want to give her a choice and also see if she’ll eat more than just the juiced half. What she skimmed off the top already after snubbing dinner is promising. But I fear that extra fat from A/D is just going to get the next hairball started. I can’t sustainably juice up her every meal. But I wanted to make sure she ate something tonight. But I’m convinced now. Her balance, if it even exists, is far too delicate to do it without a little pred. Well. Let me speak with the vet. The other vet said there is a standing Rx available to me for buprenorphine. I suppose we could try that. We should know in just a few doses if pain is holding back her eating. But yeah. Unless she rallies overnight and finishes breakfast, I don’t see how we’re not re-engaging with her IM. The only doubt I have now is whether we should proceed with the dental or reschedule that when her eating is more consistent, probably with some pred in her regime.
Well, one thing to bear in mind is that after you're sick, you may not want to eat for awhile. A good friend of mine fasted for the rest of the day when she was sick. There's a case for that: wanting to clean out whatever yukky stuff is in there and start clean. I'd cut Betty some slack and see if she doesn't pick up in a day. And I'd definitely hold off on rescheduling the dental because it is so important. Maybe try the bupe?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, one thing to bear in mind is that after you're sick, you may not want to eat for awhile. A good friend of mine fasted for the rest of the day when she was sick. There's a case for that: wanting to clean out whatever yukky stuff is in there and start clean. I'd cut Betty some slack and see if she doesn't pick up in a day. And I'd definitely hold off on rescheduling the dental because it is so important. Maybe try the bupe?
She did well with the juiced up second dinner. But trying to replicate that at breakfast just got a sniff and snub. She was also being a stubborn boo about her pills again. I got all but the poobiotic in her. She loaded up on A/D. But still didn’t take the capsule. A second try at my breakfast time wasn’t any more successful. Her breakfast remains barely touched. I busted open a bag of Northwest Naturals freeze dried raw rabbit nuggets. Of course she likes these dry. And probably has no interest in having them moistened. I gave her a couple nuggets. They are on the small side compared to Stella and Chewy’s—size of blueberries vs dates. This is good. I don’t want to rush into a new food and tip her over into sickness again. But for good measure, I did powder up one more and put it over a re-plated breakfast.

I am not juicing up her lunch. She should have a break from all this extra.

If she tolerates and enjoys the NW Naturals rabbit, I would not mind mixing it into her I/D. Especially now that I finally see her drinking water.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She did well with the juiced up second dinner. But trying to replicate that at breakfast just got a sniff and snub. She was also being a stubborn boo about her pills again. I got all but the poobiotic in her. She loaded up on A/D. But still didn’t take the capsule. A second try at my breakfast time wasn’t any more successful. Her breakfast remains barely touched. I busted open a bag of Northwest Naturals freeze dried raw rabbit nuggets. Of course she likes these dry. And probably has no interest in having them moistened. I gave her a couple nuggets. They are on the small side compared to Stella and Chewy’s—size of blueberries vs dates. This is good. I don’t want to rush into a new food and tip her over into sickness again. But for good measure, I did powder up one more and put it over a re-plated breakfast.

I am not juicing up her lunch. She should have a break from all this extra.

If she tolerates and enjoys the NW Naturals rabbit, I would not mind mixing it into her I/D. Especially now that I finally see her drinking water.
Worth a try. :agree:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just picked up breakfast and she didn’t touch it for more than a bite even with the rabbit topping.

We’re going back to basics. She needs her A/D for meds. But no more juicing the mix. No more powder toppers. And no more treats, rabbit, Greenies, or otherwise, until I start to see a turnaround in her eating. She’s on pace for a wet willy probably tomorrow night if she doesn’t rally hard before then.

She’s going to be upset about the no treats. But treats won’t keep her alive. Let’s take a treat break and make sure I’m not just trading the Greenies disaster for a different flavor.

The new vet who will perform the dentist is out until next Wednesday. I did request the bupe. Today or tomorrow I will call the IM and get her back on his schedule. Even if she rallies today and tomorrow, this balance is far too delicate and too much stress. I miss when the only thing I had to worry about was her getting fat. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just picked up breakfast and she didn’t touch it for more than a bite even with the rabbit topping.

We’re going back to basics. She needs her A/D for meds. But no more juicing the mix. No more powder toppers. And no more treats, rabbit, Greenies, or otherwise, until I start to see a turnaround in her eating. She’s on pace for a wet willy probably tomorrow night if she doesn’t rally hard before then.

She’s going to be upset about the no treats. But treats won’t keep her alive. Let’s take a treat break and make sure I’m not just trading the Greenies disaster for a different flavor.

The new vet who will perform the dentist is out until next Wednesday. I did request the bupe. Today or tomorrow I will call the IM and get her back on his schedule. Even if she rallies today and tomorrow, this balance is far too delicate and too much stress. I miss when the only thing I had to worry about was her getting fat. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔
C'MON, Betty girl! Get back with the program so your dad doesn't have aspy anxiety over you. Be a good girl. EAT.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been reading my posts since her peak chonk.

Her rabbit treat is a new addition since peak chonk. I wonder if that's upsetting her tummy. Greenies disaster of a different color.

We discontinued Dasuquin in August when that ran out and she wasn't all that excited about them anyway.

Let's try "no treats" for a few days. Sorry Betty! I know how much you love treats.

She had another big poop this afternoon. That was surprising because I didn't think she was eating enough for a poop of that size. Maybe she's still got another hairball trying to get out.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been reading my posts since her peak chonk.

Her rabbit treat is a new addition since peak chonk. I wonder if that's upsetting her tummy. Greenies disaster of a different color.

We discontinued Dasuquin in August when that ran out and she wasn't all that excited about them anyway.

Let's try "no treats" for a few days. Sorry Betty! I know how much you love treats.

She had another big poop this afternoon. That was surprising because I didn't think she was eating enough for a poop of that size. Maybe she's still got another hairball trying to get out.
Good call. Yeah, my intuition tells me Betty needs to clean out a bit before resuming normal food and treats. Hoping to be proven right about this.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's being a poop about licking off the frosting, and leaving the capsule behind. In the meantime, she's getting extra A/D as we try again and again. I think she's gaming the system. She left the poobiotic behind at breakfast. We tried again at my breakfast and she still wasn't having it. At dinner, she wouldn't take her yeast capsule no matter how many times we retried.

During my lunch, she would not shut up. She wanted fuss. I needed lunch. After lunch, I thought maybe we would meet in the middle where I would let her sit in my lap and then proceed to trim her claws. Well, I don't know how I was able to do it so easily last time. She was just a squiggly pig this time. Two or three tries at even getting her to sit in my lap, belly out so I can get at at all her claws, and she squirmed off, and left for her cave. "On second thought, I don't need fuss that much."

Sorry Betty. 🤦‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's being a poop about licking off the frosting, and leaving the capsule behind. In the meantime, she's getting extra A/D as we try again and again. I think she's gaming the system. She left the poobiotic behind at breakfast. We tried again at my breakfast and she still wasn't having it. At dinner, she wouldn't take her yeast capsule no matter how many times we retried.

During my lunch, she would not shut up. She wanted fuss. I needed lunch. After lunch, I thought maybe we would meet in the middle where I would let her sit in my lap and then proceed to trim her claws. Well, I don't know how I was able to do it so easily last time. She was just a squiggly pig this time. Two or three tries at even getting her to sit in my lap, belly out so I can get at at all her claws, and she squirmed off, and left for her cave. "On second thought, I don't need fuss that much."

Sorry Betty. 🤦‍♂️
Of COURSE she is. She has you wrapped around her little *lengthy* claws and she knows she can do no wrong. She and Elvis would make a formidable team. He's "a character" and he knows all he has to do is start with his indignant little mews. :angrycat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
“Eats. Not treats.”

That’s my new response to her twice daily pushy routine. It might be working. While dinner was still a disappointing 2/3 remainder. Second dinner fell to an encouraging 1/4 remainder. Breakfast is looking half eaten. I think if she makes one more pass before lunch, she can get to 1/3 remainder. As long as she’s eating more than she’s leaving behind, I’m willing to put off the wet willy another day.