Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have space. I have more space now that I've decided to not to put the tombstone cutout back on the wall. I can probably do another two rows of those Shutterfly tiles. Or I can pick a larger size. Not really thinking about it right now as I have to move around flights and possibly get Betty scheduled back with the IM. And I'm not sure if the new vet wants to proceed with the dental if she is still having the occasional spits and still losing weight. Once again, we may be pushed back by her gut first. 🤦‍♂️
Well, hopefully she'll stabilize and it won't be a problem at all.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning she bit open the gabapentin and I don't know how much she got vs. the carpet. I do know that she was pretty much done taking capsules after that. I tried a couple of times to get the SB into her but she wasn't even interested in trying to lick the A/D off it. I sure hope this isn't a grudge that continues into dinner shift. I'll be screwed if this A/D capsule trick stops working with her.

She looked like she was going to have plenty opportunity to finish breakfast before lunch. But she went under the blankets. I don't blame her. This morning was a cold one. I put on the long jammys and the bathroom space heater this morning. I guess it's about that time to blow up my power bill for the next several months. 🤦‍♂️ Hopefully Betty will be a cold weather eater. I don't remember anymore.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning she bit open the gabapentin and I don't know how much she got vs. the carpet. I do know that she was pretty much done taking capsules after that. I tried a couple of times to get the SB into her but she wasn't even interested in trying to lick the A/D off it. I sure hope this isn't a grudge that continues into dinner shift. I'll be screwed if this A/D capsule trick stops working with her.

She looked like she was going to have plenty opportunity to finish breakfast before lunch. But she went under the blankets. I don't blame her. This morning was a cold one. I put on the long jammys and the bathroom space heater this morning. I guess it's about that time to blow up my power bill for the next several months. 🤦‍♂️ Hopefully Betty will be a cold weather eater. I don't remember anymore.
Yeah, well, most of us -- feline and otherwise -- are. We need those extra calories to power the core against the shivering. September is kinda early to start blowing up the power bill, but you are in Nerdvana up there, so it's understandable. Blankets, long jammys and curling up close to cats are all very much looked forward to here. Hoping Betty is feeling calm and serene, and that she never stops enjoying her cake frosting. :agree:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this doesn’t come back to bite me like the failed Greenies adventure. But I ground up one of her rabbit treats and sprinkled it over her lunch. And boom! First lunch finished in, well, I can’t remember the last time she finished a lunch.
😋👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this doesn’t come back to bite me like the failed Greenies adventure. But I ground up one of her rabbit treats and sprinkled it over her lunch. And boom! First lunch finished in, well, I can’t remember the last time she finished a lunch.
😋👍
Bravo! And yeah, sometimes texture matters. I used to buy bonito flakes, and powdered bonito, from CatClaws.com and not everyone liked these, but they were very, very popular sprinkled on food as a topping. Elvis, of course, is the holdout. :bluecat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She took her meds like a pro tonight. She wasn't going to let this morning's open capsule stop her from her twice daily cake frosting allotment. I don't give her starter strips on second dinner or lunch anymore. I don't have tempt her to eat second dinner. She's a late night eater. But as long as it doesn't gunk her up or crater her appetite like the Greenies did, I would be willing to sprinkle some ground rabbit treat on her lunches. Maybe it will get her to look forward to lunches again rather than sleeping in her blanket nest all day long.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She took her meds like a pro tonight. She wasn't going to let this morning's open capsule stop her from her twice daily cake frosting allotment. I don't give her starter strips on second dinner or lunch anymore. I don't have tempt her to eat second dinner. She's a late night eater. But as long as it doesn't gunk her up or crater her appetite like the Greenies did, I would be willing to sprinkle some ground rabbit treat on her lunches. Maybe it will get her to look forward to lunches again rather than sleeping in her blanket nest all day long.
Good plan! and good UPdate! Elvis is a late night eater, too. Every night at dark-thirty he visits his array of dishes, sometimes more than once. *That's okay, Elvis. I wasn't sleeping anyway.* :redheartpump: :cutecat::redheartpump:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good plan! and good UPdate! Elvis is a late night eater, too. Every night at dark-thirty he visits his array of dishes, sometimes more than once. *That's okay, Elvis. I wasn't sleeping anyway.* :redheartpump: :cutecat::redheartpump:
I actually have Betty’s food dish at the foot of the bed so that I can more easily track her progress through the night, and so she doesn’t have far to go when she finally decides to stop doing hungry mouth 😋 and go take care of it already. 🐷👍

I caved and gave her some ground rabbit treat on top of dinner and second dinner and those got well-cleaned too. She put in an underwhelming second pass on breakfast this morning. So at treat time, I ground up another and sprinkled some over her breakfast. Now it looks more like it should at this hour. One treat is yielding about three meals worth of topper. So it’s not nearly going crazy like I did with Greenies. Instead of two treats a day, she’s now getting a third spread out over her meals. Hopefully this will help stabilize her weight loss without binding her up. There is ground bone in these treats as it is freeze dried raw whole rabbit. Vital Essentials even makes a raw rabbit nibs food that that you can feed like a kibble. It looks like the same nibs. But maybe they add some supplements to make it complete. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’m not ready to take her in that direction though. While I do see her drinking water these days (usually after a treat or the A/D), I don’t think she would drink enough to offset the bone content.

Her Loop arrives today. I don’t know if it helps. But it’s so much easier to use than the mat (she won’t sit through a full session) or the light therapy (treats such a small area that it takes too long to treat all her areas.) I usually only do her hips and sometimes a left knee (an area the vet had said is a sore spot for her.) But with the Loop, we can tag team and I can do shoulders while the Loop takes care of all of her back half. 👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually have Betty’s food dish at the foot of the bed so that I can more easily track her progress through the night, and so she doesn’t have far to go when she finally decides to stop doing hungry mouth 😋 and go take care of it already. 🐷👍

I caved and gave her some ground rabbit treat on top of dinner and second dinner and those got well-cleaned too. She put in an underwhelming second pass on breakfast this morning. So at treat time, I ground up another and sprinkled some over her breakfast. Now it looks more like it should at this hour. One treat is yielding about three meals worth of topper. So it’s not nearly going crazy like I did with Greenies. Instead of two treats a day, she’s now getting a third spread out over her meals. Hopefully this will help stabilize her weight loss without binding her up. There is ground bone in these treats as it is freeze dried raw whole rabbit. Vital Essentials even makes a raw rabbit nibs food that that you can feed like a kibble. It looks like the same nibs. But maybe they add some supplements to make it complete. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’m not ready to take her in that direction though. While I do see her drinking water these days (usually after a treat or the A/D), I don’t think she would drink enough to offset the bone content.

Her Loop arrives today. I don’t know if it helps. But it’s so much easier to use than the mat (she won’t sit through a full session) or the light therapy (treats such a small area that it takes too long to treat all her areas.) I usually only do her hips and sometimes a left knee (an area the vet had said is a sore spot for her.) But with the Loop, we can tag team and I can do shoulders while the Loop takes care of all of her back half. 👍
Another really good UPdate! That's great that Betty likes to be close while eating to facilitate your ability to assess her progress.
Elvis decided himself that he prefers to eat in the master bedroom, at least since the roomies joined us. Baby Su also preferred this. So it's become the main living quarters for them and now him.
The rabbit treats seem to be the answer, at least for now...
Between those alternatives, hopefully Betty will feel comfortable!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grrrr!

FedEx says they made a delivery attempt on the Loop. But I feel like they are lying to me. It's not like I haven't been home. So I've taken their lazy lying drivers out of the picture and redirected it to a pickup location like I should have done in the first place. I forgot how much these lazy drivers are lazy and liars. So instead of getting the Loop today, I may not even get it until Saturday depending on how incompetent they are. I mean it really should travel across town tonight and be ready for pickup tomorrow. But that's the sensible thing to do. I wouldn't put it past them to say well, we attempted on Thursday and now it's going to take all of Friday to drive it five miles across town. I really hate all of them. UPS. FedEx. DHL is the fracking worst!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grrrr!

FedEx says they made a delivery attempt on the Loop. But I feel like they are lying to me. It's not like I haven't been home. So I've taken their lazy lying drivers out of the picture and redirected it to a pickup location like I should have done in the first place. I forgot how much these lazy drivers are lazy and liars. So instead of getting the Loop today, I may not even get it until Saturday depending on how incompetent they are. I mean it really should travel across town tonight and be ready for pickup tomorrow. But that's the sensible thing to do. I wouldn't put it past them to say well, we attempted on Thursday and now it's going to take all of Friday to drive it five miles across town. I really hate all of them. UPS. FedEx. DHL is the fracking worst!
I'm so sorry you're in the same club as I am. We both know the one. And I'm really sorry Betty does not have her Loop. From across town. Yeah, that would be far too easy. I can't say I haven't felt like you have a few times over these kinds of things. Customer service is deader than a dodo. Don't even get me started. :fuming::argh::livid::angryfire::angrywoman::bat:*A great use of that baseball implement IMHO.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And we made it through that case. I seem to remember her not being all that crazy about this case the last time we had one like it. I buy my cases two at a time. One weekend, the cases were shrinkwrapped a little differently. I was told their distributor told them they had to get cases from a different source that time. The food inside was more juicy. But this didn't translate to more appeal. I think Betty would have preferred less juice and more meat. Or maybe more rice. If there was one thing these two strange cases had going for them, there was not a lot of rice in the cans. But it would seem to me that there was a reason why I still had the second of those cases. I think she was sluggish on the uptake of the first case that I went and bought two more cases the next chance I had. We got through those and back to this second strange one. We finally finished the second strange case at lunch time. The new case looks much more like what she enjoys. I served her first dinner from the new case and said, "show me what we do with new cases around here." And she finished her dinner in one go. There was a tense few moments where she looked like she might regret that. But she kept it down and I don't have to worry about her first dinner tonight. Let's hope the appeal holds through the remainder of the case.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just plated second dinner and she eagerly (as eagerly as this Eeyore moves) and willingly smoked through 2/3 of it on first pass. I have no worries that the plate will be clean by morning. I feel bad now about this last icky case. I should have remembered why I was avoiding it. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Maybe she’s finally turning a corner with the poobiotic and the good cases. 😻🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That seems to have done it. She finished second dinner before midnight. It was like a preview of what we’re going to do before her dentist appointment. By 2 am, she was back in bed with me trying to butter me up. By 3 am, she was getting feisty. By 4am, she was getting pushy and noisy. I gave in and fed her early at 4:30. I didn’t think I would hear myself say, “are you sure you don’t want to leave a little for later?” 🐷😹 That remainder will be gone before I wake up from third sleep. I guess she likes this case. 😋👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That seems to have done it. She finished second dinner before midnight. It was like a preview of what we’re going to do before her dentist appointment. By 2 am, she was back in bed with me trying to butter me up. By 3 am, she was getting feisty. By 4am, she was getting pushy and noisy. I gave in and fed her early at 4:30. I didn’t think I would hear myself say, “are you sure you don’t want to leave a little for later?” 🐷😹 That remainder will be gone before I wake up from third sleep. I guess she likes this case. 😋👍
Yeah, we just don't know what happens to food, cans, and cases from origin until it is in our cats. It's one of the Great Unknowns that cause us anxiety. Shouldn't be that way, but unfortunately, it is (Not even thinking about the effects of government shutdown. Oh no.) and it would be good if you could maybe use the rest of that case by mixing the tried and true with the iffy, but that wouldn't work. Maybe crumbling a rabbit treat over the iffy portions if/when you serve them?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we just don't know what happens to food, cans, and cases from origin until it is in our cats. It's one of the Great Unknowns that cause us anxiety. Shouldn't be that way, but unfortunately, it is (Not even thinking about the effects of government shutdown. Oh no.) and it would be good if you could maybe use the rest of that case by mixing the tried and true with the iffy, but that wouldn't work. Maybe crumbling a rabbit treat over the iffy portions if/when you serve them?
Oh that case is gone. It really shows the difference between cats’ tastes and my own. I thought the case looked good because it was juicy and the meat looked distinct and there was very little rice. But Betty likes a thicker stew and I guess she likes the rice because I never pick up uneaten rice. My usual cases look like the ones she prefers. I just ran out of those and decided to use this one that I still had. Now I remember why I kept buying more cases and stacking on top of this one. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen clean plates. I rather like it. I don’t even mind if she puts a little weight back on.

In another sign of a rebound, she bounded up to the kitchen counter to supurrvise breakfast. She’s so funny. She watches and squawks at me until I’ve spooned out her A/D portion for meds. Once she’s seen that, she’ll go back down to the floor. “Okay. I’m getting cake frosting. That’s all I needed to see. Hurry up with the rest!” 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that case is gone. It really shows the difference between cats’ tastes and my own. I thought the case looked good because it was juicy and the meat looked distinct and there was very little rice. But Betty likes a thicker stew and I guess she likes the rice because I never pick up uneaten rice. My usual cases look like the ones she prefers. I just ran out of those and decided to use this one that I still had. Now I remember why I kept buying more cases and stacking on top of this one. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen clean plates. I rather like it. I don’t even mind if she puts a little weight back on.

In another sign of a rebound, she bounded up to the kitchen counter to supurrvise breakfast. She’s so funny. She watches and squawks at me until I’ve spooned out her A/D portion for meds. Once she’s seen that, she’ll go back down to the floor. “Okay. I’m getting cake frosting. That’s all I needed to see. Hurry up with the rest!” 😹
"Incoming! Bring it on, Dad. I'm up for it!":hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn’t even need the ground rabbit treat to get her to finish lunch. I told her that if we ever get a case that looks like that again, I’ll drive around town looking for another rather than forcing her to finish it.

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Grrrr!

Ughhhh, I've had that happened to me. I called them and said it wasn't my house, I can send you my camera footage!! 🤬
Makes me think of a funny short I watched on Cole & Marmalade's YT channel... Sharing here for your enjoyment.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ughhhh, I've had that happened to me. I called them and said it wasn't my house, I can send you my camera footage!! 🤬
Makes me think of a funny short I watched on Cole & Marmalade's YT channel... Sharing here for your enjoyment.
No. It's not done. The last action should have been the cat delivery guy spraying the box. Territory, yunno. :insertevillaugh::devilcat2: