Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she’s going to hairball. Tonight or tomorrow. I just hope she waits for a respectful hour to run the Bissell. She ate 8 grams at lunch and 10 grams at dinner. These are 32.5 and 30 gram portions respectively. I may be trying too hard with the cake frosting. And maybe this random weigh-in Greenie didn’t sit right with her. In addition to eating very little, I’ve seen her drinking more often. That’s what she did when she was going to hairball.

I told her I prefer that she didn’t. But if it would make her feel better and help her eat again, then she should let loose.
:barf:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she’s going to hairball. Tonight or tomorrow. I just hope she waits for a respectful hour to run the Bissell. She ate 8 grams at lunch and 10 grams at dinner. These are 32.5 and 30 gram portions respectively. I may be trying too hard with the cake frosting. And maybe this random weigh-in Greenie didn’t sit right with her. In addition to eating very little, I’ve seen her drinking more often. That’s what she did when she was going to hairball.

I told her I prefer that she didn’t. But if it would make her feel better and help her eat again, then she should let loose.
Yeah, it's really a normal and natural part of cattedness. Cats groom themselves, ingest fur, and eject it one way...or the other. :barf:
Hopefully Betty will get rid of it and get back on track food-wise.
Elvis had a little furball yesterday right before his dinner, and didn't even visit his bowl for awhile afterwards. I guess cats are pretty much like us -- post-puke, not a lot of interest in a filler-up. o_O

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got three of four capsules this morning. It was the S boulardiii this time that we went through her entire cake frosting portion trying to get her to take it. So on the one paw, she didn’t eat it or her breakfast, on the other, she got 6 grams of A/D sticking to ingested hair in her belly. 🤦🏼‍♂️ No hairball last night or this morning. She’s still just nibbling. When she was supposed to take second pass on breakfast, it was underwhelming. I’m worried that she won’t take a third pass before lunch. She’s on pace to eat only 1/3 to 1/2 her calories. No wonder she’s losing weight rapidly. I want to give the poobiotic a chance. She seems determined not to take it even though it was doing her good. This can of A/D may be licking off the capsule easier than the last. To be sure, I’ve added a new can to the fridge for the dinner shift. I know there’s all kinds of acceptable variability with cats. But this one is mine. And she hasn’t seemed right since sometime last month. She was looking well on her way back to “normal” on Friday. it seems so irrational that missing a single dose of her poobiotic yesterday would have such an effect on her appetite. I feel like this is a make or break week. If she continues to lose weight, she’ll blow through 10 lbs mark before her dental. I’m not sure the vet will consider her stable enough having lost so much weight so quickly.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got three of four capsules this morning. It was the S boulardiii this time that we went through her entire cake frosting portion trying to get her to take it. So on the one paw, she didn’t eat it or her breakfast, on the other, she got 6 grams of A/D sticking to ingested hair in her belly. 🤦🏼‍♂️ No hairball last night or this morning. She’s still just nibbling. When she was supposed to take second pass on breakfast, it was underwhelming. I’m worried that she won’t take a third pass before lunch. She’s on pace to eat only 1/3 to 1/2 her calories. No wonder she’s losing weight rapidly. I want to give the poobiotic a chance. She seems determined not to take it even though it was doing her good. This can of A/D may be licking off the capsule easier than the last. To be sure, I’ve added a new can to the fridge for the dinner shift. I know there’s all kinds of acceptable variability with cats. But this one is mine. And she hasn’t seemed right since sometime last month. She was looking well on her way back to “normal” on Friday. it seems so irrational that missing a single dose of her poobiotic yesterday would have such an effect on her appetite. I feel like this is a make or break week. If she continues to lose weight, she’ll blow through 10 lbs mark before her dental. I’m not sure the vet will consider her stable enough having lost so much weight so quickly.
Yeah. And as each person is a unique and endlessly complicated individual (just like our devices :insertevillaugh:), each cat likewise. "Know thy feline" should be engraved on every cat guardian's home, or somewhere prominent. And you do KNOW your cat. Sounds very much like your prognosis is correct. I won't be at all surprised to hear about the big slimy. :barf:

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw, I hope Betty stops losing weight soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Amazing how much we don't realize something is helping until it's missing from their diet. I started Sadie on Omega's (NOT from fish oil, but salmon since that doesn't bother her) a few months ago at the vets recommendation, but didn't think it was helping so we stopped. Low and behold, she did wain on appetite and looked tired. So we started back up and voila! I mix it in with her wet food, but I also add a little water. Its hard to catch her drinking since I still have to commute to work (blah) so it's my safety net. Im sure Betty wouldn't even notice if you did!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this will be interesting or helpful, or just a waste of your time, but:
Hoping it'll be the first two, and not the third. But if it is the third, there's "no extra charge for that!" :insertevillaugh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista’s cutout finally fell off the wall. It tried to make a break for it earlier as in this shot.
E11C9827-0580-4314-BBB2-EA57F086CB6F.jpeg
But this morning, I found her fully off the wall. I’ve always been conflicted about this shot anyway. It’s from her last few weeks and she’s so skinny here.

I don’t have Betty on the wall. I think I want to get dueling snark shots from both Krista and Betty on the counter.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista’s cutout finally fell off the wall. It tried to make a break for it earlier as in this shot.
View attachment 460397
But this morning, I found her fully off the wall. I’ve always been conflicted about this shot anyway. It’s from her last few weeks and she’s so skinny here.

I don’t have Betty on the wall. I think I want to get dueling snark shots from both Krista and Betty on the counter.
I hope you're wanting Krista there again? I know, she was skinny...but she was always so irresistibly adorable.:heartshape:And there's cutie Cabbie! :redheartpump::goldstar:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you're wanting Krista there again? I know, she was skinny...but she was always so irresistibly adorable.:heartshape:And there's cutie Cabbie! :redheartpump::goldstar:
I definitely want both Krista and Betty up there. But not the tombstone cutout.

I'm thinking I have more robust pictures of Krista to put up there. I'm considering having a kitchen counter picture each of Krista and Betty. Those are some of my favorite pictures of both of them.

Maybe these two.
betty-snark.jpg krista-counter.JPG
Or maybe this one for Krista:
Krista-Fierce.jpg

Or any of these:
IMG_0009.JPG IMG_1215.JPG IMG_2998.JPG IMG_3191.JPG

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I hope Betty stops losing weight soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Amazing how much we don't realize something is helping until it's missing from their diet. I started Sadie on Omega's (NOT from fish oil, but salmon since that doesn't bother her) a few months ago at the vets recommendation, but didn't think it was helping so we stopped. Low and behold, she did wain on appetite and looked tired. So we started back up and voila! I mix it in with her wet food, but I also add a little water. Its hard to catch her drinking since I still have to commute to work (blah) so it's my safety net. Im sure Betty wouldn't even notice if you did!
I re-ordered her Assisi Loop which ran out of charges. I didn’t think it was doing much. But I did loop her backside twice a day and maybe that was actually keeping some gut inflammation down? 🤷🏼‍♂️ In any case, it’s the easiest of all the meds and devices to apply to her. So maybe it helps. It probably won’t hurt.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I re-ordered her Assisi Loop which ran out of charges. I didn’t think it was doing much. But I did loop her backside twice a day and maybe that was actually keeping some gut inflammation down? 🤷🏼‍♂️ In any case, it’s the easiest of all the meds and devices to apply to her. So maybe it helps. It probably won’t hurt.
As Mark Rylance asked in "Bridge of Spies," "Will it help?" It absolutely helped lil BUB and it almost certainly helps Betty. Good call.
Those are great pix! Numbers one and three are my faves, especially in conjunction with the beautiful one of Betty. What do you think?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A different can of A/D seems to have helped with the pilling last night and this morning. Seems the one we were using was either too lickable or not scrumptious enough. Because Betty was licking the capsules clean and leaving them behind. The new can seems fattier which, in cat terms, I imagine translates to less licking and more gobbling. She just Hoovered up these capsules last night and this morning.

I'm also about to embark on a rabbit treat hunt. Presumably there should not be a difference between Vital Essentials freeze dried rabbit treats for dogs vs. for cats. But cats being cats, maybe Betty noticed a difference. So I'll be going out this lunch looking for the cat treats instead of settling with the dog treats last week.

In other news, I spoke with Mom yesterday and we're going with plan B for the Thanksgiving. I'll be coming down a week or two earlier for a down-and-back same day trip. I'll see if I can book my preferred sitter for that dinner just in case Southwest has return flight shenanigans. But I also think Betty would be okay (hungry and angry, but okay) with a single late dinner.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A different can of A/D seems to have helped with the pilling last night and this morning. Seems the one we were using was either too lickable or not scrumptious enough. Because Betty was licking the capsules clean and leaving them behind. The new can seems fattier which, in cat terms, I imagine translates to less licking and more gobbling. She just Hoovered up these capsules last night and this morning.

I'm also about to embark on a rabbit treat hunt. Presumably there should not be a difference between Vital Essentials freeze dried rabbit treats for dogs vs. for cats. But cats being cats, maybe Betty noticed a difference. So I'll be going out this lunch looking for the cat treats instead of settling with the dog treats last week.

In other news, I spoke with Mom yesterday and we're going with plan B for the Thanksgiving. I'll be coming down a week or two earlier for a down-and-back same day trip. I'll see if I can book my preferred sitter for that dinner just in case Southwest has return flight shenanigans. But I also think Betty would be okay (hungry and angry, but okay) with a single late dinner.
YES!!! :goldstar: Sounds like you've got it covered no matter what, as an excellent cat dad should. :agree:
I think Betty might be thinking: 'Dad. DAD. Let's get one think PURRfectly clear. I am NOT a (dog) and I WILL NOT DEIGN to lower myself to their (lack of) standards. Those, after all, will eat anything. And I do mean ANYTHING. I, on the other hand, will eat only the BEST. Because I am a CAT. For you, Dad, I am THE cat. So feet, and tires, get movin' and get me my CAT treats.':angrycat:
Yeah, it's so mysterious, the cat food thing. It's said cats can't taste sweets and that they have only a fraction of the taste buds humans in general have. But I'm inclined to either disbelieve that, or think cats' criteria is based on something else entirely, that we cannot ascertain. They are the "finicky" ones, after all. Maybe it's "mouth feel"?

BellaBlue82

Alpha Cat
Purraise
As Mark Rylance asked in "Bridge of Spies," "Will it help?" It absolutely helped lil BUB and it almost certainly helps Betty. Good call.
Those are great pix! Numbers one and three are my faves, especially in conjunction with the beautiful one of Betty. What do you think?
I just have to say... That is my favorite line from that movie!!! 🤣

BellaBlue82

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I definitely want both Krista and Betty up there. But not the tombstone cutout.

I'm thinking I have more robust pictures of Krista to put up there. I'm considering having a kitchen counter picture each of Krista and Betty. Those are some of my favorite pictures of both of them.

Maybe these two.
View attachment 460401View attachment 460399
Or maybe this one for Krista:
View attachment 460400

Or any of these:
View attachment 460402View attachment 460403View attachment 460404View attachment 460405
Aw, Krista looks like my Sadie. ❤ So beautiful!
I know this sounds silly, but I actually got magnets from Shutterfly for my three GA cats (and Sadie too of course 😉). I usually watch for their specials, where you can get like 5 or 6 free magnets and just pay for shipping - which ended up being like $5. Just a suggestion in case you're limited on picture space like I am lol.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well shoot! She was starting to show signs of rallying with smaller remainders on second dinner and breakfast. But then she slept and slept and slept this afternoon. When she finally woke at 3:30, she had a couple of unproductive spits. Looked like maybe stomach acid. No food or hair. Now I'm not sure which way she'll go the rest of the night. Or the rest of the week. I want to give the poobiotic a chance and the Assisi Loop will arrive on Thursday. But I don't want to be too stubborn about this when putting her back on steroids will right this ship.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Poor Betty! Hoping she feels better quickly and can enjoy a nice dinner...)
A nice suggestion, BellaBlue82 BellaBlue82 ! I need to place a Shutterfly order fairly soon.:) And yeah, great film and well, Mark Rylance can do no wrong IMHO. That IS a great line. I use if frequently.;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Krista looks like my Sadie. ❤ So beautiful!
I know this sounds silly, but I actually got magnets from Shutterfly for my three GA cats (and Sadie too of course 😉). I usually watch for their specials, where you can get like 5 or 6 free magnets and just pay for shipping - which ended up being like $5. Just a suggestion in case you're limited on picture space like I am lol.
I have space. I have more space now that I've decided to not to put the tombstone cutout back on the wall. I can probably do another two rows of those Shutterfly tiles. Or I can pick a larger size. Not really thinking about it right now as I have to move around flights and possibly get Betty scheduled back with the IM. And I'm not sure if the new vet wants to proceed with the dental if she is still having the occasional spits and still losing weight. Once again, we may be pushed back by her gut first. 🤦‍♂️