Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like that in the middle of our fuss sessions while I’m waiting on the stove timer, Betty wil get up and head to her plate. She’s finally choosing food over fuss. Like a cat should.
🐷👍
Well, they're both good and both sought after! with good reason. *Waiting for the weigh-in!*:hearthrob::lovecat4::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was perfect at the weigh-in this morning. I brought out the scale and the treats and she climbed right in. All four paws. I think she finally got tired of me lifting her butt skyward to get her all in. 😹 The weight is perfect too. Same as last week: 10.64
3A1AEF2D-00CA-4DC8-AEEB-30B97F685DDE.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was perfect at the weigh-in this morning. I brought out the scale and the treats and she climbed right in. All four paws. I think she finally got tired of me lifting her butt skyward to get her all in. 😹 The weight is perfect too. Same as last week: 10.64
View attachment 440657
Isn't it wonderful sharing life with a perfect cat?!! :hearthrob: :lovecat4: :hearthrob: :goldstar::catlove:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I left home at 2:30 to run errands, she had done two measley passes and barely moved the mound. It was looking like a remainder meal. When I came home a couple hours later with groceries, all gone! 🐷👍 We started a new case this morning and I was worried she wasn’t into it. First pass on dinner looks pretty good. Picked up two more cases today and labeled and dated them so I’ll see if she has a supplier preference. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
She doesn’t seem to have a limit. She does have a rotation. That is that she will sit up and give me a face bump, then she may give me the elevator booty before rolling back over for the big stretch and belly rub again. And then she may walk to the nearest surface that she can rub her face against. But that doesn’t mean I should stop. She’ll give me a look if I do. But rather I think she’s doubling down. “You keep scratching that spot there. I’ll take care of the cheeks and chin.” 😽😻 Such a shedonist! I don’t kink shame her. She wants what she wants. 😹😻🤣
Yeahhh! Right! back of the ears, rump, chin, but you have to be quick about it and keep him/her guessing. It’s the thrill of the happy spot, which always keeps moving around.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like that in the middle of our fuss sessions while I’m waiting on the stove timer, Betty wil get up and head to her plate. She’s finally choosing food over fuss. Like a cat should.
🐷👍
This morning, she took the treats from my hands and then broke straight for her plate. No fuss. No thank you. I feel used. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹😽

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was sitting at the foot of my chair from the moment she came back from her plate to the moment I finished preparing my breakfast and brought it over. The moment I sat down, she was in my lap. Even before I could get my legs up on the ottoman pillow stack. 😽🥰

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was sitting at the foot of my chair from the moment she came back from her plate to the moment I finished preparing my breakfast and brought it over. The moment I sat down, she was in my lap. Even before I could get my legs up on the ottoman pillow stack. 😽🥰
*Betty won't tell you. I won't tell you, either. Just chalk it up to the feminine mystique.* :hearthrob: :lovecat3: :hearthrob: :catlove:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For whatever reason, she doesn’t sleep as hard in the fluff hut as she does in the floof poof. It’s a lot harder to get candid pictures of her in it.

In these two, I got next to it and hung my phone down over the opening, snapped, and hoped for the best.
😽😹😻
592F4194-1EB2-4751-A764-F5CDB78761E7.jpeg E5A433A2-B444-4703-8A23-EBAD304F8985.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For whatever reason, she doesn’t sleep as hard in the fluff hut as she does in the floof poof. It’s a lot harder to get candid pictures of her in it.

In these two, I got next to it and hung my phone down over the opening, snapped, and hoped for the best.
😽😹😻
View attachment 440746View attachment 440747
You are a very good upside-down photographer! Great pix! :hearthrob: :lovecat3::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was a sniff and snub at dinner. But I got her to eat her three morsels off the carpet for half an ounce to go with meds. This was 5 pm. I worked later than usual tonight. At 6:45 (my Office light goes out at 6:30 forcing me to choose to work longer), Betty comes in to beg me to pack it in for the night already. Okay. Nothing here is that important that it can’t wait until morning. I head out to the kitchen to make my own dinner and spy that her plate is clean. 🐷👍 I sit with Betty for two 4:00 minute intervals while the hash browns are cooking. Then I have to get up and cook the eggs. No more fuss sprints. Betty knows this routine quite well. She looks to her plate. Oh yeah. She finished it. She looks to me. She stares at me intensely like if she stares hard enough my eggs will cook faster. Finally she gives up and goes to the bed. You’re taking too long and costing me valuable after meal nap time. 😾 If I’m awake a minute longer, I may have to use this food energy. 💤 I guess we’ll catch up later. 🤷🏼‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty's latest gut testing report came back in record time. I'm still "digesting it". So to speak. But this may be the best one yet. She's finally got a F:B ratio because she finally has B(acteroidetes) phyla in her gut! And it's even a healthy ratio now! I'll post more later. Betty is giving me the come to bed intense stare.

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty's latest gut testing report came back in record time. I'm still "digesting it". So to speak. But this may be the best one yet. She's finally got a F:B ratio because she finally has B(acteroidetes) phyla in her gut! And it's even a healthy ratio now! I'll post more later. Betty is giving me the come to bed intense stare.
It's not surprising at all that Betty's fus(s)obacteria and firmiCUTES are high! :crackup: ;) It looks very good at first glance.
But Betty must not have heard of "a watched pot never boils" or maybe she thinks this rule just doesn't apply to eggs. :lol:
Are you all okay up there? Of course I've been watching weather reports. It's insane down here in la-la land and I know it's exponentially worse up in your area.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not surprising at all that Betty's fus(s)obacteria and firmiCUTES are high! :crackup: ;) It looks very good at first glance.
But Betty must not have heard of "a watched pot never boils" or maybe she thinks this rule just doesn't apply to eggs. :lol:
Are you all okay up there? Of course I've been watching weather reports. It's insane down here in la-la land and I know it's exponentially worse up in your area.
Most of it has come overnight. I wake up and wonder what all the fuss about atmospheric rivers is about. It looks like we’re going to get more rain today daytime. I’m good here. Thankfully my longest commute is either the dozen steps from the living room to the office or the three or four times that number to the mailbox. The mailbox trip may be a little dicey. Property management removed lamp posts for half height led light poles. In the process, all the grass got ripped up. While the grass was reseeded, it hasn’t grown back fully yet. In the meantime, the pedestrian paths are muddy messes whenever it rains. 🤦🏼‍♂️ So that’s the extent of the troubles I face here. A possibly wet and muddy walk to the mailbox. And more encouragement to stay home and snuggle with Betty. 😻👍

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trapped in the kitchen because I got caught working late tonight again. That’s not why I’m trapped in the kitchen. I finally turn out the light and get halfway across the living room when I see Betty making her second pass. Which way do I go? Act quickly before she sees me and puts off that second pass. I have two glasses in my hand. The kitchen it is. That’s where I’m hiding until she’s done eating. 😹 And I have to pee. 😬🤦🏼‍♂️

gizzieblue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG! That's fantastic!!!!! And it's not only on paper, she's doing great too! I've got Miau's report as well - apparently his biome looks balanced, but he's crappy as .... i think he gets intoxicated from bacterial byproducts. He barely lays on his belly, he sleeps most of the day. I feed him raw ( and animal biome would not share a raw fed cat biome example ) because before he got cp he was basically a feral cat, literally i picked him from a dumpster so I taught it's better to feed him what he eat before [ and yes, I had him vetted, tested, treated ]. And with all the clostridium-like names, and low fecali - what-not that's supposed to be higher since he's fed raw, god knows.

That's really really fantastic news, you guys are an inspiration!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! That's fantastic!!!!! And it's not only on paper, she's doing great too! I've got Miau's report as well - apparently his biome looks balanced, but he's crappy as .... i think he gets intoxicated from bacterial byproducts. He barely lays on his belly, he sleeps most of the day. I feed him raw ( and animal biome would not share a raw fed cat biome example ) because before he got cp he was basically a feral cat, literally i picked him from a dumpster so I taught it's better to feed him what he eat before [ and yes, I had him vetted, tested, treated ]. And with all the clostridium-like names, and low fecali - what-not that's supposed to be higher since he's fed raw, god knows.

That's really really fantastic news, you guys are an inspiration!!
I don’t discount the impact the AnimalBiome pills themselves are making. But really did it for us in this last report was the twice daily sacchromyces boulardii she gets. Since she takes her own capsules and seems to enjoy it (takes every one I put down and looks at me for the next one), I use a size four capsule filling machine I bought from Etsy and size four capsules I buy from Amazon and once a month, I convert human sized Jarrow SB into cat sized capsules. I am not able to link to the machine because the redirects don’t resolve here. But search for the Etsy seller MYHERBAR if you wanted to get your own. It was $30 I think? Worth every penny! Especially now that I have to split up her gabapentin pills four ways times four pills for her twice daily doses. Hopefully she won’t need this after her dental at the end of the month. 🤞

There’s still work to be done on her gut balance. Namely they keep recommending fiber for her diet to increase the missing or low phyla in her report. But I’m still on “don’t touch a thing” protocol waiting for that dental.

The good news is that she’s eating so well between all the different drugs and supplements she’s taking that I haven’t even copied last week’s food journal to this week because we’ve just been on cruise control. Plate with food goes down. Empty food comes back. Rinse and repeat.

And then there was this morning. You think she was excited about this breakfast? 😹
C1CAA946-47CF-45CE-B8FD-8E2486C52F39.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The booger pop spent the afternoon sleeping on the day bed and left a small remainder on her plate. When it was finally time to feed her dinner, I broke for a pee break and she finished that remainder. Thinking I may get a remainder on dinner because of the late finish…🤦🏼‍♂️ And then again. Maybe not. Looks like she finished half and put her tail in the second half. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹