Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She came to bother me for lunch. But then let it sit for three hours while she napped by the heater. Finally she woke up and tore into it in one go. 33 of 39 grams plated. I’ll forgive the remainder. We’re not done yet. But it seems like she may do the same on dinner. Okay. She left 1/3. That puts her in fantastic shape to finish later and still be hungry for overnight.
YES!!! Go BETTY! :hearthrob: :cutecat::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is Betty White’s birthday. Well. It’s her namesake’s birthday. And since I don’t really know when my Betty’s birthday is, this seems as good a day as any. And of course, on her first birthday with me, I didn’t have anything planned. 🤦🏼‍♂️ She seems to understand the sentiment all the same as she did extra drive by laps in my face before settling into the arms lap. About half this message was composed through a face full of Betty booty. 🍑🤦🏼‍♂️😹

Happy birthday, Betty! 🎉🎂🥳😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is Betty White’s birthday. Well. It’s her namesake’s birthday. And since I don’t really know when my Betty’s birthday is, this seems as good a day as any. And of course, on her first birthday with me, I didn’t have anything planned. 🤦🏼‍♂️ She seems to understand the sentiment all the same as she did extra drive by laps in my face before settling into the arms lap. About half this message was composed through a face full of Betty booty. 🍑🤦🏼‍♂️😹

Happy birthday, Betty! 🎉🎂🥳😻 *A little jam for your pleasure!*
:shocked:
:bday::celebrate::bday::party::party2::party3::jester:
CatOrchestra.gif

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stepped out to pick up her ondansetron prescription from one vet, and her prescription food from another. When I returned, I found her curled up in the recently laundered socks pile on the daybed in the office. It's her napping nest now. 🤦‍♂️ I greet her as I do. I tell her about the errands I ran for her, and ask her about her snacks and naps. Nothing from her but the eyes. It's not until I start to change out of my clothes back into my pajamas... The pants drop to the floor, and now Betty decides to say something. Did I just get cat-called by my cat? 😆 😹 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stepped out to pick up her ondansetron prescription from one vet, and her prescription food from another. When I returned, I found her curled up in the recently laundered socks pile on the daybed in the office. It's her napping nest now. 🤦‍♂️ I greet her as I do. I tell her about the errands I ran for her, and ask her about her snacks and naps. Nothing from her but the eyes. It's not until I start to change out of my clothes back into my pajamas... The pants drop to the floor, and now Betty decides to say something. Did I just get cat-called by my cat? 😆 😹 😻
:lovecat3:

gizzieblue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And my car needs a battery replacement. I should probably just figure out how to do that myself because I’m sure the dealership will charge me $150 just to check the check engine light which I already know is that stupid battery in the trunk for keeping accessories r
AutoZone: you go in and tell the guys you have the check engine light on. Probably other stores like AutoZones are having this option. They give you a reader, and than you get the printed result. For free. Yeah, better not ask how I learned about this! I drive stick shift, so for some reason I get less c*&p from mechanics, but before I learned this trick, I paid almost 1k as some spider set up shop in one of the pipes. And I had to get a loaner too. The 'job' lasted 1 day. After I learned the trick, it cost me $137. And an hour later I was on my way.

gizzieblue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Happy birthday, Betty! 🎉🎂🥳😻
Oh, happy birthday Betty!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AutoZone: you go in and tell the guys you have the check engine light on. Probably other stores like AutoZones are having this option. They give you a reader, and than you get the printed result. For free. Yeah, better not ask how I learned about this! I drive stick shift, so for some reason I get less c*&p from mechanics, but before I learned this trick, I paid almost 1k as some spider set up shop in one of the pipes. And I had to get a loaner too. The 'job' lasted 1 day. After I learned the trick, it cost me $137. And an hour later I was on my way.
I have had a code reader for many years. Chevy’s throw a lot of dumb codes. That’s how I know my CEL is that aux battery in the trunk. I found the battery at Autozone for $100. I’ll probably offer someone there $50 to change the battery for me. It’s three bolts and a vent tube. But I’m more a software than a hardware guy. That would still come out less than what the dealership would have charged just to read the code. 🤦🏼‍♂️ $150 at Autozone vs (probably) $100-150 for parts, $150 to read the code (you can buy your own code reader for less than what they charge here!), and another $150-200 for labor. A $350-$500 job if I took it to the dealership. And it would take them a lot longer than it should!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a code reader for many years. Chevy’s throw a lot of dumb codes. That’s how I know my CEL is that aux battery in the trunk. I found the battery at Autozone for $100. I’ll probably offer someone there $50 to change the battery for me. It’s three bolts and a vent tube. But I’m more a software than a hardware guy. That would still come out less than what the dealership would have charged just to read the code. 🤦🏼‍♂️ $150 at Autozone vs (probably) $100-150 for parts, $150 to read the code (you can buy your own code reader for less than what they charge here!), and another $150-200 for labor. A $350-$500 job if I took it to the dealership. And it would take them a lot longer than it should!
...and Betty wouldn't like that at all. More $ from her cat food, toys, and treats account.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're a week out from Betty's dental. I decided to call for a doctor callback to go over instructions and concerns since that conversation last month was with the other doc. Well, this one said, unless they are short quick questions I can answer over email, you'd be better served with a consultation appointment. On the one hand, grumble grumble. I didn't have to do a consult appt with the other doc. On the other paw, who wants to work after-hours for free? And really, she's being thorough and making sure we both have enough time without inconveniencing each other with dinner-time on my end and "I just want to leave work already" on her end of the callback call. I'm not even bothered by the charge. Betty is worth the due diligence.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're a week out from Betty's dental. I decided to call for a doctor callback to go over instructions and concerns since that conversation last month was with the other doc. Well, this one said, unless they are short quick questions I can answer over email, you'd be better served with a consultation appointment. On the one hand, grumble grumble. I didn't have to do a consult appt with the other doc. On the other paw, who wants to work after-hours for free? And really, she's being thorough and making sure we both have enough time without inconveniencing each other with dinner-time on my end and "I just want to leave work already" on her end of the callback call. I'm not even bothered by the charge. Betty is worth the due diligence.
ABSOLUTELY PAWSitively. But it would have been nice for a phone consult or a Zoom consult or something where you didn't have to drive in. :sigh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ABSOLUTELY PAWSitively. But it would have been nice for a phone consult or a Zoom consult or something where you didn't have to drive in. :sigh:
I don’t mind the in person visit. It will keep me focused. But getting out the door was a challenge. And getting here on time, I didn’t leave myself the Betty buffer. So of course I was a few minutes late. But then so is the doc. Got my questions written out though. Ready when she is….

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t mind the in person visit. It will keep me focused. But getting out the door was a challenge. And getting here on time, I didn’t leave myself the Betty buffer. So of course I was a few minutes late. But then so is the doc. Got my questions written out though. Ready when she is….
Hoping it's going/will go very well, that you are able to get everything covered to your satisfaction, and that it will go forward quickly, successfully, as comfortably as possible, and as affordably/coverdably (yeah, that's a word. I just made it one) as possible.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every cat of mine's favorite oil-filled radiator finally broke. Well, sort of. It has two switches and a knob for three heat settings and fine tuning within a heat setting. I could never use the high setting without tripping the breaker. But the medium setting with a 3 or 4 on the knob was perfect for all winter long. The second switch broke. That means I can't get the medium or high settings. And judging from Betty hugging the radiator all day long and me still in my sweatshirt, the low setting even with the wheel at 6 is not enough.

If only that was all...

The office Dyson's heater element no longer works. Rather it works for about 30 seconds before putting the machine in an error code that requires a hard power-cycle at the wall (or the smart plug.)

For Betty's belated birthday gift, I found some dividend cash sitting in an old employer account. It's a funky RSU account that collects the dividends in a non-interest paying cash account but does not reinvest them. That's okay with me. My portfolio could use the diversification and doesn't need any more of that stock. But I have to remember that dividends are just sitting on the floor doing nothing. So that's where Betty's new radiator will come from. I will take the old one into the office to replace the Dyson for heat until I can afford a replacement for that Dyson.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every cat of mine's favorite oil-filled radiator finally broke. Well, sort of. It has two switches and a knob for three heat settings and fine tuning within a heat setting. I could never use the high setting without tripping the breaker. But the medium setting with a 3 or 4 on the knob was perfect for all winter long. The second switch broke. That means I can't get the medium or high settings. And judging from Betty hugging the radiator all day long and me still in my sweatshirt, the low setting even with the wheel at 6 is not enough.

If only that was all...

The office Dyson's heater element no longer works. Rather it works for about 30 seconds before putting the machine in an error code that requires a hard power-cycle at the wall (or the smart plug.)

For Betty's belated birthday gift, I found some dividend cash sitting in an old employer account. It's a funky RSU account that collects the dividends in a non-interest paying cash account but does not reinvest them. That's okay with me. My portfolio could use the diversification and doesn't need anymore of that stock. But I have to remember that dividends are just sitting on the floor doing nothing. So that's where Betty's new radiator will come from. I will take the old one into the office to replace the Dyson for heat until I can afford a replacement for that Dyson.
In these times, especially, that sounds like an excellent LIFE investment for Betty's comfort and yours.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to call that account, "Krista's College Fund". If ever I needed more than my emergency fund or more than I wanted to drain from it for a procedure for Krista, I would have liquidated stock from that account, and Krista would have just had to learn a trade instead. She was a pretty talented biscuit maker. And above the fridge inspector.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to call that account, "Krista's College Fund". If ever I needed more than my emergency fund or more than I wanted to drain from it for a procedure for Krista, I would have liquidated stock from that account, and Krista would have just had to learn a trade instead. She was a pretty talented biscuit maker. And above the fridge inspector.
Well, and her meowdelling PURRowess is legendary.:loveeyes::hearthrob::lovecat4::hearthrob: