Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We started a new case this morning. I thought it didn’t look as good as the last one. Betty ate her biggest first pass in a couple weeks and finished it when I was being lazy about waking up for my breakfast and more importantly, her treats. 😸👍

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
We started a new case this morning. I thought it didn’t look as good as the last one. Betty ate her biggest first pass in a couple weeks and finished it when I was being lazy about waking up for my breakfast and more importantly, her treats. 😸👍
I’m so glad it’s all systems go! wow you really worked hard for this. Enjoy!!! fingers crossed for positive dental news.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought this would happen. It's 10:30am now. We're still at least an hour away from lunch. Lunch is usually noon'ish. Though I will sometimes start her as early as 11:30am. But not earlier than that or she'll be finish that too soon as well. She's restless and giving me the eyes. 😾 🤦‍♂️ Thankfully I have another batch of Jarrow s. boulardii's to convert from human to cat-sized capsules. That should keep me busy in the office for 30 minutes or so. She's a good work-from-home cat who mostly understands that daddy is in the office to work. Though I do welcome her interruptions as stretch and snuggle breaks as often as I can afford them in the work day. Today though? She got my lap a full hour longer than weekday mornings as my "go to work" morning home automation doesn't run on the weekends. And I won't have a workday to finish in the office after I feed her dinner tonight. Weekends aren't so bad for her. 😻👍

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought this would happen. It's 10:30am now. We're still at least an hour away from lunch. Lunch is usually noon'ish. Though I will sometimes start her as early as 11:30am. But not earlier than that or she'll be finish that too soon as well. She's restless and giving me the eyes. 😾 🤦‍♂️ Thankfully I have another batch of Jarrow s. boulardii's to convert from human to cat-sized capsules. That should keep me busy in the office for 30 minutes or so. She's a good work-from-home cat who mostly understands that daddy is in the office to work. Though I do welcome her interruptions as stretch and snuggle breaks as often as I can afford them in the work day. Today though? She got my lap a full hour longer than weekday mornings as my "go to work" morning home automation doesn't run on the weekends. And I won't have a workday to finish in the office after I feed her dinner tonight. Weekends aren't so bad for her. 😻👍
Sounds like Betty is enjoying her menu and that good laptime! *Elvis is doing laptop duty now, with heavy rain outside.*
Have you been getting heavy rain there, too? Supposed to get very cold (for here -- low 30sF) most of next week's nights. Forecast is for almost 1 1/2" of rain today, and more rain, though not so heavy, for the next 2 days. All in all, good days to stay inside "with cat" whenever possible. We just got most of our Petco order and I got groceries so we're staying put.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s mostly been raining either overnight or early morning. But it looks clear for awhile now. I’ll be getting Betty’s food today and a burger and a beer. Tomorrow the taproom goes football crazy. Not my game. Not my energy. I’ll save tomorrow for my groceries and maybe spending an afternoon with Betty. Usually I like to disappear in the afternoons because otherwise, I have to spend them in the office if I want Betty to get bored enough to finish her meals. But if tomorrow is anything like today…

Betty! I just put this out for you. What are you going to eat the rest of the afternoon? There can’t be more than seven or eight grams left. That’s hardly a 2 pm snack. 🐷🐷👍🤦🏼‍♂️
D8C74153-998B-4DED-BA7E-7D1DE897FF43.jpeg
That was her first pass at noon. 🐷👍

I guess she likes this case.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s mostly been raining either overnight or early morning. But it looks clear for awhile now. I’ll be getting Betty’s food today and a burger and a beer. Tomorrow the taproom goes football crazy. Not my game. Not my energy. I’ll save tomorrow for my groceries and maybe spending an afternoon with Betty. Usually I like to disappear in the afternoons because otherwise, I have to spend them in the office if I want Betty to get bored enough to finish her meals. But if tomorrow is anything like today…

Betty! I just put this out for you. What are you going to eat the rest of the afternoon? There can’t be more than seven or eight grams left. That’s hardly a 2 pm snack. 🐷🐷👍🤦🏼‍♂️
View attachment 441093
That was her first pass at noon. 🐷👍

I guess she likes this case.
If only the rest of life was this pleasant and this easy!
Enjoy your hunting and gathering, and your weekend interlude.
Though I work pretty much from getting up until falling into bed 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, one way and another, I took a little time off to just relax with Elvis today. So nice!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty seems less excited about this case than she did after the first two cans. She did get through dinner and overnight. Mostly. Small forgiveable remainders. Breakfast was nearly a sniff and snub. But she found the A/D smear I left for her and took a couple bites. I got one more morsel in her off the carpet and we called it good. That’s purrfectly okay with me today. She’s got a remainder or two to spare.
07817F83-4887-4FD6-9EC5-595D1327BA92.jpeg
To be fair, that’s less than a poop over last week: 10.68 vs 10.64 💩👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty seems less excited about this case than she did after the first two cans. She did get through dinner and overnight. Mostly. Small forgiveable remainders. Breakfast was nearly a sniff and snub. But she found the A/D smear I left for her and took a couple bites. I got one more morsel in her off the carpet and we called it good. That’s purrfectly okay with me today. She’s got a remainder or two to spare.
View attachment 441186
To be fair, that’s less than a poop over last week: 10.68 vs 10.64 💩👍
Can't complain, can you?
Hope you're both enjoying warm blankets, good food, and something good to watch.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still looking for a 5am-proof medicine holder. I bought one with AM and PM compartments. But both compartments are the same color for a given day. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I would rather give up the individually colored days for individually colored AM and PM. Betty’s meds are different based on the clock. Not the day. 😾

And actually, I’m not certain that I need to load this thing per day as much as just keep the ondansetron and prednisilone doses separate. While it wouldn’t hurt to give her an extra ondansetron, I certainly don’t want to give her an extra pred dose. So to that end, I pack her ondansetron in orange capsules and her prednisilone in formerly pink capsules. Except orange and pink don’t look distinct enough at 5am with 5 am lighting (only kitchen sink and stovetop light.)
091DB6E8-2282-460F-B739-646EFEC060A6.jpeg
So this week I finally got an upgrade. Purple should be much easier to distinguish from orange at 5am.
😺👍
52600330-4DFC-4CF9-B302-A46158772394.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That booger! She climbed out of the poof to poop and then went back to it without visiting her plate. I mean she doesn’t have to. She still has plenty of time. But it would have been nice to know she finished up early. I guess I’m a touch worried about this case. I was all ready to buy her more cases from this VCA and thus presumably this batch (I only got these current ones last week.). But now I’m thinking I’ll get another couple cases from a different VCA. For research and science. 😹 And yeah. I’m watching her on the cameras from the tap room. I decided to go today after all since the big football crowd was yesterday. And I have more time than errands on my hands today.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That booger! She climbed out of the poof to poop and then went back to it without visiting her plate. I mean she doesn’t have to. She still has plenty of time. But it would have been nice to know she finished up early. I guess I’m a touch worried about this case. I was all ready to buy her more cases from this VCA and thus presumably this batch (I only got these current ones last week.). But now I’m thinking I’ll get another couple cases from a different VCA. For research and science. 😹 And yeah. I’m watching her on the cameras from the tap room. I decided to go today after all since the big football crowd was yesterday. And I have more time than errands on my hands today.
Good about the capsules! Yeah, the orange and pink in dim light, half-awake? I don't think so:sigh: But the purple is nice and, well, PURPLE.
Hope you're having a good taproom interlude and that Betty gets very hungry all of a sudden and cleans that plate!:beerchug::hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob::cutecat:🍽

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lil booger didn’t eat overnight portion until 5am. Breakfast is at 5:30. 🤦🏼‍♂️ She didn’t finish overnight. She left about a 12 gram remainder. Or about 1/4 portion. When my alarm went off at 5:15, she was curled up in her hut. Fortunately, she always shows up for meds. Predictably she snubbed the fresh plate of food. I couldn’t even get a carpet morsel out of her. But I did see her eat or rather hear her eat at 5am. About 1/2 to 3/4 of the overnight. I wasn’t expecting her to make a go at breakfast and I’m not going to push it. She’s on a schedule. If she’s hungry enough, she has more than enough hours to figure it out before lunch.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lil booger didn’t eat overnight portion until 5am. Breakfast is at 5:30. 🤦🏼‍♂️ She didn’t finish overnight. She left about a 12 gram remainder. Or about 1/4 portion. When my alarm went off at 5:15, she was curled up in her hut. Fortunately, she always shows up for meds. Predictably she snubbed the fresh plate of food. I couldn’t even get a carpet morsel out of her. But I did see her eat or rather hear her eat at 5am. About 1/2 to 3/4 of the overnight. I wasn’t expecting her to make a go at breakfast and I’m not going to push it. She’s on a schedule. If she’s hungry enough, she has more than enough hours to figure it out before lunch.
Face it -- your cat is WEIRD. Always showing up for meds, but spurning good food? WEIRD. Who DOES that, anyway?:lovecat4:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Face it -- your cat is WEIRD. Always showing up for meds, but spurning good food? WEIRD. Who DOES that, anyway?:lovecat4:
The world’s best cat. That’s who does that. And if I was worried about her falling behind on her eating today, she practically finished breakfast in one go after she got her Greenies from me and walked away mid-fuss to visit her food. What remains is nearly a forgivable remainder. I’d have been more willing to forgive it had she not left 1/4 portion on the overnight. Even though we were warm and dry all night, I wonder if she was sticking close to me all night because of the rain we were getting last night. It looks dry for the rest of the day. She can nap up this morning and finish the last of breakfast whenever she wants. Probably 11:30. Just before lunch. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹🐷👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The world’s best cat. That’s who does that. And if I was worried about her falling behind on her eating today, she practically finished breakfast in one go after she got her Greenies from me and walked away mid-fuss to visit her food. What remains is nearly a forgivable remainder. I’d have been more willing to forgive it had she not left 1/4 portion on the overnight. Even though we were warm and dry all night, I wonder if she was sticking close to me all night because of the rain we were getting last night. It looks dry for the rest of the day. She can nap up this morning and finish the last of breakfast whenever she wants. Probably 11:30. Just before lunch. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹🐷👍
Yeah, finishing breakfast just before lunch qualitifes it as "brunch" which some think is cooler. 😑
And it seems that a lot of the best cats in the world tend to do that from time to time. They are CATS, after all:winkcat:
We have sun here, for the moment. IDK about your location, but down here in la-la land the forecast for at least the next 10 nights if for the 30sF, except for tonight, the "warmest" at 40F. I checked to make sure my roomies have plenty of blankets and asked if they needed more. At least four of those nights have freezing forecast. Doesn't often happen here and with utils being so $$$ it's not a pleasant prospect with the dampness added in. :coldcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, finishing breakfast just before lunch qualitifes it as "brunch" which some think is cooler. 😑
And it seems that a lot of the best cats in the world tend to do that from time to time. They are CATS, after all:winkcat:
We have sun here, for the moment. IDK about your location, but down here in la-la land the forecast for at least the next 10 nights if for the 30sF, except for tonight, the "warmest" at 40F. I checked to make sure my roomies have plenty of blankets and asked if they needed more. At least four of those nights have freezing forecast. Doesn't often happen here and with utils being so $$$ it's not a pleasant prospect with the dampness added in. :coldcat:
It looks like we’ll get a little rain this afternoon soon. Then it should be clear for a day before we get more on Wednesday. Yeah. Our nights look like they’ll be in the 30’s and 40’s. I run one of the Dyson heaters and the radiator all day and shut them off before bedtime. Automation does that anyway. The other Dyson has been having a problem with its heating element. It probably needs to be replaced. That’s probably going to wait for my bonus in April. Because I found out at my teeth cleaning last week that I need a crown. So Betty needs dental work. I need dental work. And my car needs a battery replacement. I should probably just figure out how to do that myself because I’m sure the dealership will charge me $150 just to check the check engine light which I already know is that stupid battery in the trunk for keeping accessories running when that weird fuel saver “turn the engine off at red lights” feature kicks in. How about removing some of that excessive body frame that obstructs my view when looking for cars on either side or behind me? That should reduce weight and improve efficiency. I can’t see around my car’s “shoulder pads.” There’s just so much more frame on this model than there was on the older model I used to drive. 🤦🏼‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like we’ll get a little rain this afternoon soon. Then it should be clear for a day before we get more on Wednesday. Yeah. Our nights look like they’ll be in the 30’s and 40’s. I run one of the Dyson heaters and the radiator all day and shut them off before bedtime. Automation does that anyway. The other Dyson has been having a problem with its heating element. It probably needs to be replaced. That’s probably going to wait for my bonus in April. Because I found out at my teeth cleaning last week that I need a crown. So Betty needs dental work. I need dental work. And my car needs a battery replacement. I should probably just figure out how to do that myself because I’m sure the dealership will charge me $150 just to check the check engine light which I already know is that stupid battery in the trunk for keeping accessories running when that weird fuel saver “turn the engine off at red lights” feature kicks in. How about removing some of that excessive body frame that obstructs my view when looking for cars on either side or behind me? That should reduce weight and improve efficiency. I can’t see around my car’s “shoulder pads.” There’s just so much more frame on this model than there was on the older model I used to drive. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Maybe google (or bing!) can help with battery changeout? Some things are good DIY. Others, not so much. I empathize about the dental stuff. Fortunately, when I moved here the dentist I now have took one look at my mouth and said, "OUT!" to every filling, replacing them with the nice white ones. And then, yeah, later I got a pretty shiny crown. I do love olives and also beans (which often have little pebbles in and among them in the bag :sigh:).
My dad always did that at red lights! He was excessively brainy and though I always thought it was weird to do that, he must have had something there.
We'll wait until Thursday for our next rain.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She came to bother me for lunch. But then let it sit for three hours while she napped by the heater. Finally she woke up and tore into it in one go. 33 of 39 grams plated. I’ll forgive the remainder. We’re not done yet. But it seems like she may do the same on dinner. Okay. She left 1/3. That puts her in fantastic shape to finish later and still be hungry for overnight.