Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She isolated almost all of the night as well. Good thing I left the food in the office last night. She cleared both plates and showed up briefly around 4am to drape herself over me for a cuddle sesh. She’s velcroed to my side right now after just completing another cuddle. I think maybe as I’m asserting my own weekend independence, she is asserting hers. 😼

Mostly…
View attachment 410013
OH YEAH! She's doing really well on food now, isn't she? Does she get treats at all? She may turn into a bona fide Trekkie!
Well, they graze every day and nibble, and if they finish, I wash the bowl and refill it, but generally I just add to what's there when it gets low. The food is very dense and doesn't leave crumbs or dust, so I've found this works well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a day and most of the night isolating away from me, she decided she once more want to crash on her cloud and hope I would join her for some cuddles. After finishing my morning coffee, I did just that.

This is what an aggressive spooner looks like. 😹
1702F1D8-6D29-49A8-A73B-34C154D73BAC.jpeg
She finds the arm nook and squeezes right in. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a day and most of the night isolating away from me, she decided she once more want to crash on her cloud and hope I would join her for some cuddles. After finishing my morning coffee, I did just that.

This is what an aggressive spooner looks like. 😹
View attachment 410046
She finds the arm nook and squeezes right in. 😻
She definitely has the look of a fierce snuggler all right. Don'cha just love that? :hearthrob: :lovecat3: :hearthrob: :yess:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh foo!

I tried to add a little diversity to her diet by mixing in a few grams of Rawz rabbit last night. But it didn't look right. It smelled okay. But it looked a little loose. But I'm also used to seeing Rawz texture all over the place because they don't use thickeners or emulsifiers. I should have gone with looks. Betty was curled up all day sleeping and occasionally having lip licks. About 4 pm, she finally had a few mouthfuls of her regular FF from morning. Ten minutes later I'm hearing audible gurgles from her. And in another ten minutes, she popped. It looks like she just gave back the little amount that she ate. Everything else was far enough along the poop chute to make later tonight more exciting.

Even though there's plenty of time left on the Best By, I don't know that I trust any of these leftover Rawz cans anymore. I'll give her stomach a few days before I try that again. I'll make sure to pick up some new cans and ask around about what to do with the old ones.

It seems Betty must be feeling better. She's gone back to the dish and I hear her consuming a healthy amount now. 🤞 that it stays down.

At least I know from her weigh-in that she can afford a light eating day if she needs one. 🐷👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh foo!

I tried to add a little diversity to her diet by mixing in a few grams of Rawz rabbit last night. But it didn't look right. It smelled okay. But it looked a little loose. But I'm also used to seeing Rawz texture all over the place because they don't use thickeners or emulsifiers. I should have gone with looks. Betty was curled up all day sleeping and occasionally having lip licks. About 4 pm, she finally had a few mouthfuls of her regular FF from morning. Ten minutes later I'm hearing audible gurgles from her. And in another ten minutes, she popped. It looks like she just gave back the little amount that she ate. Everything else was far enough along the poop chute to make later tonight more exciting.

Even though there's plenty of time left on the Best By, I don't know that I trust any of these leftover Rawz cans anymore. I'll give her stomach a few days before I try that again. I'll make sure to pick up some new cans and ask around about what to do with the old ones.

It seems Betty must be feeling better. She's gone back to the dish and I hear her consuming a healthy amount now. 🤞 that it stays down.

At least I know from her weigh-in that she can afford a light eating day if she needs one. 🐷👍
I'd be wary too...except that, as we both know, germs and viruses and stuff aren't visible, can be on anything, and can just come out of nowhere. I've had food poisoning from $$$ restaurant food, tinned fruit (!) and all kinds of other stuff. All trustable. On the face of it. It's awful that we used to be able to pretty much trust our food supply, but those days are long gone.
It's your call, bottom line. There's just no way to tell unless you have a lab at your service.:sigh:
Whatever you decide, hope Betty is well and will remain well, healthy, and well fed! :hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd be wary too...except that, as we both know, germs and viruses and stuff aren't visible, can be on anything, and can just come out of nowhere. I've had food poisoning from $$$ restaurant food, tinned fruit (!) and all kinds of other stuff. All trustable. On the face of it. It's awful that we used to be able to pretty much trust our food supply, but those days are long gone.
It's your call, bottom line. There's just no way to tell unless you have a lab at your service.:sigh:
Whatever you decide, hope Betty is well and will remain well, healthy, and well fed! :hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob:
Daytime intake is usually two ounces. Today was a little under 1.5 less a little afternoon spit up. So even on a sick day, she didn’t do too bad. I just wish she ate more joyfully and readily. Then again, it’s been a welcome change from Krista to not be yelled at and danced upon at all hours for more food.

It’s a shame that the quality control from one batch of Rawz to the next seems so varied. I might trade a little guar gum in their recipe if it would make the texture more consistent.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve decided that I don’t have a fur kid. I have a fur roommate who I rent office space from in exchange for food and snuggles. She’s a demanding landlord sometimes—the snuggles, that is. But on the flip side, she has her nighttime zoomies in her room (the office) instead of the bedroom. Glad to hear she’s feeling better from earlier today.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve decided that I don’t have a fur kid. I have a fur roommate who I rent office space from in exchange for food and snuggles. She’s a demanding landlord sometimes—the snuggles, that is. But on the flip side, she has her nighttime zoomies in her room (the office) instead of the bedroom. Glad to hear she’s feeling better from earlier today.
Well, as long as you pay her well, and take good care of her place, I don't see a problem with that, do you? ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I touch the sides of her shoulders, her scapulas, she crumples into my hand onto the ground and rolls and rubs into it. Her crumple buttons!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caught Betty on the camera having early zoomies in the office. Turns out she knows how to play just fine and she enjoys the toys and kitty tent I’ve never seen her use. She simply prefers fuss and snuggles from me. 😻 Food and play she prefers to do on her own time. 🤷🏼‍♂️