Introducing Betty White

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's clearly so happy in her new home. I love seeing new pictures of her. She's living the dream and I'm so happy for her. :happycat:
To hear it from her, I don't love on her nearly enough.
:whiskers:

We have morning fuss while cooking breakfast and after breakfast cuddles until the start of the workday. She sleeps behind me in the office all day. If I so much as turn around to look at her and she's awake, I'll get an earful of pent up complaints about the service here. Each afternoon, I carve out a ten or fifteen minute spooning break. More mid-cooking dinner fuss, a little TV time for me where she is welcome to sit in my lap, but hasn't yet--a couple of tentative cruise-bys. She's working up to it. Finally, her favorite time of day: bedtime! She gets the biscuits ready and I provide the pillow. Plus she gets all-night buffet and a separate room (the office) to do any nighttime zoomies (how considerate of her!) Not such a bad life she has here. 😻👍

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She can be very demanding about her afternoon spoon. You wouldn’t know it by this picture, but she was yelling her head off at me to take a break. Better than ergonomic software. 😹👍
B984EEE5-E070-475E-9662-898B1CBA8623.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A gorgeous series of pix and wonderful commentary I somehow missed since Thursday (why DOES that happen I wonder?)
It's balm for the soul to see her so happy and confident. *And she deserves to be able to sleep on the job. Just look how invaluable she is when she's awake!* :hearthrob: :zzzcat::hearthrob::loveeyes:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have Betty on one hip.
09A3B8DB-BE47-4629-8AD0-FDB6A9140F50.jpeg
And the chips and salsa on the other.
10122C12-090A-4893-9965-5C5359B5C039.jpeg

I haven’t confused them yet.

I am explaining the Super Bowl to Betty.

”It’s this weird American pseudo-holiday like a Thanksgiving in February where we gather around a game that many of us are not interested in just to eat and watch commercials. And when we’re all fat and happy, we sleep it off. We wake for a halftime show and repeat the eating and sleeping. It’s a very cat-like holiday. I think you’ll like it.” 😆😻

The chips and salsa are just purring away…

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have Betty on one hip.
View attachment 410791
And the chips and salsa on the other.
View attachment 410792

I haven’t confused them yet.

I am explaining the Super Bowl to Betty.

”It’s this weird American pseudo-holiday like a Thanksgiving in February where we gather around a game that many of us are not interested in just to eat and watch commercials. And when we’re all fat and happy, we sleep it off. We wake for a halftime show and repeat the eating and sleeping. It’s a very cat-like holiday. I think you’ll like it.” 😆😻

The chips and salsa are just purring away…
Oh, but perhaps you forgot, or just had reason not to mention, that a lot of people get drunk, too?! Betty might not be interested in that. In fact, I hope she's not.
Something weird. Some of my favorite twitter friends, a Finnish couple and their two orange mancattos, had their account suspended yesterday. I couldn't believe it. These are the most laid-back, pleasant, unoffensive people I know of. So I asked around and apparently the reason for them being suspended is something about them favoring an Olympics contestant.
??? WTH???
I thought that was the whole purpose of the Olympics? for people to root for their country's contestants?!!
And yet you can find all manner of evil on twitter--sex traffickers, and cruel, violent people, and haters of every stripe, who say whatever they want and no one does a thing about it...:sigh:
So I fired off an email to twitter linked to a case number of mine because I'd sent them comment when twitter was down this past week, to which they replied that I could contact my friends with a request number. Which I can't do. Because...their account is SUSPENDED.
Save me, please.😑
Enjoy those chips and salsa. Hopefully they'll keep purring away...:hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob:
My roomie made sushi this morning. *REALLY looking forward to dinner!!!*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, but perhaps you forgot, or just had reason not to mention, that a lot of people get drunk, too?! Betty might not be interested in that. In fact, I hope she's not.
Something weird. Some of my favorite twitter friends, a Finnish couple and their two orange mancattos, had their account suspended yesterday. I couldn't believe it. These are the most laid-back, pleasant, unoffensive people I know of. So I asked around and apparently the reason for them being suspended is something about them favoring an Olympics contestant.
??? WTH???
I thought that was the whole purpose of the Olympics? for people to root for their country's contestants?!!
And yet you can find all manner of evil on twitter--sex traffickers, and cruel, violent people, and haters of every stripe, who say whatever they want and no one does a thing about it...:sigh:
So I fired off an email to twitter linked to a case number of mine because I'd sent them comment when twitter was down this past week, to which they replied that I could contact my friends with a request number. Which I can't do. Because...their account is SUSPENDED.
Save me, please.😑
Enjoy those chips and salsa. Hopefully they'll keep purring away...:hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob:
My roomie made sushi this morning. *REALLY looking forward to dinner!!!*
Betty was suspended in her very first Kitty Bowl for on-field doping. 🤦🏼‍♂️😽
BFD1B9B8-CF7D-41CF-8F76-BB07F9808D1F.jpeg
She didn’t make it one quarter of the game before falling asleep. But she was transfixed by the halftime show.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're good. Mostly.

Her eating is picking up. It's a more consistent 5 oz / day plus kibbles.

But...She's started shaking her ear, and her coat is duller than it was three weeks ago. I am thinking she might be allergic to something in the FF (possibly/probably the extremely vague "fish" ingredient.) We have a vet appointment Monday morning for her pre-dental blood screen. I may as well give them a poop for the giardia test. Not that I believe she has any parasites. But she is an unknown quantity. So I keep telling her, "We establish our baseline on Monday. From there, we can go anywhere!"

Aside from the occasional ear shake and the dulling coat, she's doing well. She's playing more, she's calming down (not needing fuss and cuddles every moment I'm awake), and her personality is expanding.

After Monday's poke, I will see if she's interested in the FF turkey which doesn't have the fish ingredient. I will also see if I can locate more Rawz rabbit in the 3 oz cans. And assuming her poop comes back clean, and I see no reason it wouldn't, I can also see if she might be interested in some raw. I don't want to fuss with her diet right now and possibly dig us a hole before that first blood work. I don't know if insurance counts the no-poke physical as a good enough history, or whether this first blood work will decide her pre-existing conditions. I certainly don't want "vomiting" anywhere on that vet visit notes.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're good. Mostly.

Her eating is picking up. It's a more consistent 5 oz / day plus kibbles.

But...She's started shaking her ear, and her coat is duller than it was three weeks ago. I am thinking she might be allergic to something in the FF (possibly/probably the extremely vague "fish" ingredient.) We have a vet appointment Monday morning for her pre-dental blood screen. I may as well give them a poop for the giardia test. Not that I believe she has any parasites. But she is an unknown quantity. So I keep telling her, "We establish our baseline on Monday. From there, we can go anywhere!"

Aside from the occasional ear shake and the dulling coat, she's doing well. She's playing more, she's calming down (not needing fuss and cuddles every moment I'm awake), and her personality is expanding.

After Monday's poke, I will see if she's interested in the FF turkey which doesn't have the fish ingredient. I will also see if I can locate more Rawz rabbit in the 3 oz cans. And assuming her poop comes back clean, and I see no reason it wouldn't, I can also see if she might be interested in some raw. I don't want to fuss with her diet right now and possibly dig us a hole before that first blood work. I don't know if insurance counts the no-poke physical as a good enough history, or whether this first blood work will decide her pre-existing conditions. I certainly don't want "vomiting" anywhere on that vet visit notes.
A food that's a favorite with us and that contains no chicken, FYI, is Blue Buffalo Wilderness Red Meat Feast, which has beef, venison, turkey and lamb as its "mixed grill."
Sometimes all a cat needs is a nice daily brushing to distribute the natural oils and make the coat lustrous! Suha LOVES being brushed and Elvis likes it. I use a slicker brush.
Zymox is a good general-purpose ear cleaner for cats. Suha gets itchy on one ear sometimes and I bought this for her. It works!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A food that's a favorite with us and that contains no chicken, FYI, is Blue Buffalo Wilderness Red Meat Feast, which has beef, venison, turkey and lamb as its "mixed grill."
Sometimes all a cat needs is a nice daily brushing to distribute the natural oils and make the coat lustrous! Suha LOVES being brushed and Elvis likes it. I use a slicker brush.
Zymox is a good general-purpose ear cleaner for cats. Suha gets itchy on one ear sometimes and I bought this for her. It works!
Blue uses carrageenan and I want to avoid feeding that. I don’t know when Betty’s preexisting conditions are determined—whether it was the no-poke physical exam that she got a couple weeks ago or if they’re waiting for lab work (Monday morning.) So until we get past Monday, I’ll be keeping everything the same. If it’s a food allergy, I expect to see elevated lymphocytes or some other blood marker of inflammation. (Maybe elevated ALT? 🤦🏼‍♂️) For now, she hasn’t vomited since the last time I messed with her food.

It’s been my experience with Krista that the right food and the absence of allergens and her coat got luxurious and the head shaking stopped. I certainly suspect the food more than a lack of brushing. I don’t want to treat the symptoms of ear shaking without addressing the cause.

It’s slow going right now because I don’t want to begin her insurance journey with too many strikes against her. Once we’ve got that first blood work in, I can request a Medical History Review to see what, if anything, goes into her insurance file as pre-existing. Having established that, I can move forward with all the other catch up appointments of a new furmily member.

I have literally the rest of her life to get the food thing right.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue uses carrageenan and I want to avoid feeding that. I don’t know when Betty’s preexisting conditions are determined—whether it was the no-poke physical exam that she got a couple weeks ago or if they’re waiting for lab work (Monday morning.) So until we get past Monday, I’ll be keeping everything the same. If it’s a food allergy, I expect to see elevated lymphocytes or some other blood marker of inflammation. (Maybe elevated ALT? 🤦🏼‍♂️) For now, she hasn’t vomited since the last time I messed with her food.

It’s been my experience with Krista that the right food and the absence of allergens and her coat got luxurious and the head shaking stopped. I certainly suspect the food more than a lack of brushing. I don’t want to treat the symptoms of ear shaking without addressing the cause.

It’s slow going right now because I don’t want to begin her insurance journey with too many strikes against her. Once we’ve got that first blood work in, I can request a Medical History Review to see what, if anything, goes into her insurance file as pre-existing. Having established that, I can move forward with all the other catch up appointments of a new furmily member.

I have literally the rest of her life to get the food thing right.
YES!:yess: