Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Edited for clarity.

She backed out and regurgitated in front of the box. Yes, it would have been convenient if she had just used the box. Or maybe not. I'm not sure how much litter I have left. And I also don't want to risk her tracking barf litter out of the box. On the pee pad is good enough for me. That'll do, Donkey!
Yeah, I have those concerns from time to time, too.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
ALL, literally ALL, of my life has been spent with cats, and I don't recall any of them EVER puking in the litterbox. Of course it would be so convenient, wouldn't it? But NO! Most prefer the carpet. Many have loved puking on my one "good" rug. Every place is fair game, of course.
Except for the litterbox.
:insertevillaugh::sigh:
Both Artie and Geoffrey have upchucked in the litter box. Geoffrey more than Artie. Unfortunately, a lot of it goes on the sides of the box. It seems the urge for poop and vomiting feel the same.. I always know Geoffrey is really sick, when he does that.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Sometimes they strain so hard to poop it results in a vomit...😕. My Maggie had ckd and constant constipation issues and she would frequently vomit after trying to poop.....

Sorry to hijack Betty White's thread....
Just thought it was a valuable piece of info.
Thanks. I noticed that myself.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's no fun being sick, and that cliche about sick cats is true. :sigh:
Finished vacuuming and so Elvis' latest crop of furzles is history. He's using my wrist as cat furniture and we're well on our way on another day's work. Hoping Ms. Betty is feeling very well this fine Tuesday.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty's one smart kitty. Usually after dinner, she takes a nap while the meds kick in and I finish up my workday in the office. Every now and then, like this dark gray afternoon/evening (5ish), even after eating most of her dinner on first pass, she wanted more fuss from me. It's been one of those days where everyone wanted some kind of fuss or another from me. I gave Betty a few drive-by scritches. Not enough. I sat with her for a minute. Not enough. I kindly explained to her that I needed to finish up my workday. Not good enough. Finally I put on the Teams call headset and that she understands. "Oh. Daddy's got a call." and she Eeyore'd her way out of the office.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty's one smart kitty. Usually after dinner, she takes a nap while the meds kick in and I finish up my workday in the office. Every now and then, like this dark gray afternoon/evening (5ish), even after eating most of her dinner on first pass, she wanted more fuss from me. It's been one of those days where everyone wanted some kind of fuss or another from me. I gave Betty a few drive-by scritches. Not enough. I sat with her for a minute. Not enough. I kindly explained to her that I needed to finish up my workday. Not good enough. Finally I put on the Teams call headset and that she understands. "Oh. Daddy's got a call." and she Eeyore'd her way out of the office.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. How could you resist the irresistible Betty? :hearthrob::lovecat4::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she’s as frustrated with her weight as I am. It took quite a bit of doing to get her off the bed and come to the scale for her morning treats plus an extra for the weigh-in reward. Last week was 11.08. Progress. But still over 11. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔
682843E7-1B09-4654-A960-F39977679985.jpeg 2332A07B-1B5B-49FF-82A4-36946593136B.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she’s as frustrated with her weight as I am. It took quite a bit of doing to get her off the bed and come to the scale for her morning treats plus an extra for the weigh-in reward. Last week was 11.08. Progress. But still over 11. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔
View attachment 449236View attachment 449237
She looks very well, though. Wishing you both a good day and you, a good taproom experience.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh foo!

Betty had another lunch regurgitation. I think she just wakes up late and horks it all at once. Then instantly regrets it. I want to feed her dinner early. But she needs her meds at approximately the same time each night. And I have a call right now. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Soon Betty. Soon.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh foo!

Betty had another lunch regurgitation. I think she just wakes up late and horks it all at once. Then instantly regrets it. I want to feed her dinner early. But she needs her meds at approximately the same time each night. And I have a call right now. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Soon Betty. Soon.
Yes. Soon, Betty! And then, slowly and carefully. Don't worry. Your dad is NOT going to steal your dinner. :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob::insertevillaugh:*much as he might want to.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Soon, Betty! And then, slowly and carefully. Don't worry. Your dad is NOT going to steal your dinner. :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob::insertevillaugh:*much as he might want to.*
Havent eaten chicken intentionally in over 20 years. The last time I had it accidentally convinced me that my body didn’t need it. Interestingly, eggs don’t give me grief.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Havent eaten chicken intentionally in over 20 years. The last time I had it accidentally convinced me that my body didn’t need it. Interestingly, eggs don’t give me grief.
Good on ya! I guess you could call me a tunatarian because I'm a vegetarian who occasionally eats tuna. I bought about 20 cans of "Tuno" once, thinking I could satisfy my tuna cravings with those. Nope. I gave them away. The recipient didn't love them, either. I do remember liking chicken. But I haven't had any in years. Eggs? Yeah, when my roomie makes sushi for me, and in mayonnaise. Occasionally in baked goods, I guess. But I never buy them. Even when I COULD afford them. I like the Morningstar Farms stuff, and the soy hot dogs, a lot. Amy's veg bowls, too, and soups. But those are all beyond my budget now.
It's good to know you won't pilfer Betty's dinner. :crackup:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good on ya! I guess you could call me a tunatarian because I'm a vegetarian who occasionally eats tuna. I bought about 20 cans of "Tuno" once, thinking I could satisfy my tuna cravings with those. Nope. I gave them away. The recipient didn't love them, either. I do remember liking chicken. But I haven't had any in years. Eggs? Yeah, when my roomie makes sushi for me, and in mayonnaise. Occasionally in baked goods, I guess. But I never buy them. Even when I COULD afford them. I like the Morningstar Farms stuff, and the soy hot dogs, a lot. Amy's veg bowls, too, and soups. But those are all beyond my budget now.
It's good to know you won't pilfer Betty's dinner. :crackup:
I’m a fishatararian. I like fish and eggs and dairy. But I also enjoy the Morningstar, Beyond, and Impossible foods. Dinner tonight would probably be a cheese omelette with Morningstar sausage patties. Except I have to go on a shopping trip tonight after work. So I’ll probably pick up sushi at the store so I don’t have to cook when I come home from shopping.

Betty’s dinner is always safe from me. And she’s showed little interest in my food. 😻👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m a fishatararian. I like fish and eggs and dairy. But I also enjoy the Morningstar, Beyond, and Impossible foods. Dinner tonight would probably be a cheese omelette with Morningstar sausage patties. Except I have to go on a shopping trip tonight after work. So I’ll probably pick up sushi at the store so I don’t have to cook when I come home from shopping.

Betty’s dinner is always safe from me. And she’s showed little interest in my food. 😻👍
It all sounds really good!
Just changed some items on Elvis' repeat delivery list. He is so picky! I'm on a never-ending quest to find things he really loves, and stop feeding the garbage disposal :sigh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It all sounds really good!
Just changed some items on Elvis' repeat delivery list. He is so picky! I'm on a never-ending quest to find things he really loves, and stop feeding the garbage disposal :sigh:
I have the best fed garbage disposal. Betty and the GD share 4 cans a day with the lion's share going to the disposal. But it beats Betty sharing her food with the carpet--or snubbing leftovers altogether. Perhaps this summer we'll try branching out to new foods.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the best fed garbage disposal. Betty and the GD share 4 cans a day with the lion's share going to the disposal. But it beats Betty sharing her food with the carpet--or snubbing leftovers altogether. Perhaps this summer we'll try branching out to new foods.
I know! Our garbage disposals eat better than most cats...and probably better than most humans, too. It's shameful!:bawling2:
I keep thinking that Elvis has GOT to like SOME of these new gourmet foods. I read about these poor cats that snork up 9 Lives & plain label & whatever other low-quality stuff they get. It ain't fair, I tell ya! :argh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! Our garbage disposals eat better than most cats...and probably better than most humans, too. It's shameful!:bawling2:
I keep thinking that Elvis has GOT to like SOME of these new gourmet foods. I read about these poor cats that snork up 9 Lives & plain label & whatever other low-quality stuff they get. It ain't fair, I tell ya! :argh:
I wish I could just put out the leftovers each meal for any outside cats. But Animal Control came last summer and rounded up all the outside cats we had. And in any case, I have my hands full enough with Betty without adopting an outside cat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could just put out the leftovers each meal for any outside cats. But Animal Control came last summer and rounded up all the outside cats we had. And in any case, I have my hands full enough with Betty without adopting an outside cat.
If I started on what I think about that, I wouldn't stop.
Yes, I wish that about putting out food, too, but since there are coyotes here, as there are everywhere, I won't feed them.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw on Instagram someone referred to a cat's primordial pouch as their "snack pack". Betty has a new nickname. 😹