Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw on Instagram someone referred to a cat's primordial pouch as their "snack pack". Betty has a new nickname. šŸ˜¹
Well, I haven't seen Betty's cat pouch, but I don't think it would compare to Elvis.' His is truly, ah, regal. To say the least. Think of his namesake and you'll have a pretty good mental picture.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I haven't seen Betty's cat pouch, but I don't think it would compare to Elvis.' His is truly, ah, regal. To say the least. Think of his namesake and you'll have a pretty good mental picture.
You know when they say, ā€œsheā€™s all that and a bag of chipsā€? Thatā€™s Bettyā€™s bag of chips. šŸ˜¹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! Iā€™ve brought her calories down but not her weight. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø Sheā€™s gotta be eating at least 10% less than before and still not budging.
View attachment 449685View attachment 449686
Are we having some good play sessions? You know what they say about a body in motion vs. one not. Her coat looks very lustrous and she looks quite pleased with herself... :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob::loveeyes:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weā€™ve been having some play. But sheā€™s often more interested in fuss. šŸ˜½šŸ˜»
Yeah, well, that's understandable. I'm more interested in fussing Elvis than I am in playing da Bird with him, too, but if I can get him interested in a little play, it's good for us both...
IMG_0376.JPG

...otherwise, you know, there's THIS...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I finally got the fountain Betty didnā€™t like back to Pet Food Express for store credit. I was told numerous times that I wouldnā€™t need a receipt. I walk up to the friendly cashier and he says, ā€œoh no problem,ā€ and starts to process the return. And this woman comes charging up and says, ā€œno returns on electronics.ā€ That wasnā€™t what was communicated to me when I asked if I could bring it back after Betty never used it. To be honest, I never would have bought that one if the return policy was going to be short and sharp as this manager. ā€œAnd we canā€™t take it anyway because itā€™s past 30 days.ā€

How does that make you feel, manager Karen? You saved the company a few bucks and you turned away a customer. So freakin petty! If they had just taken back the fountain like they assured me they would, even if I didnā€™t have a receipt (even if it wasnā€™t theirs! even if it was broken!*), Iā€™d probably spend more than the store credit and I would feel good about continuing my business there. (*It was theirs and it wasnā€™t broken. But thatā€™s what felt accusatory about their policy. Sometimes you take a loss on the sale to keep the customer!)

Thereā€™s only one or two items that I get at PFE that I canā€™t get better elsewhere. Iā€™m willing to drive to another PFE.

It just felt so accusatory. Like I was trying to cheat them and their $100 was worth turning me away. Probably for good. At least that location. A stupid hill for them to die on. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ’©

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
So I finally got the fountain Betty didnā€™t like back to Pet Food Express for store credit. I was told numerous times that I wouldnā€™t need a receipt. I walk up to the friendly cashier and he says, ā€œoh no problem,ā€ and starts to process the return. And this woman comes charging up and says, ā€œno returns on electronics.ā€ That wasnā€™t what was communicated to me when I asked if I could bring it back after Betty never used it. To be honest, I never would have bought that one if the return policy was going to be short and sharp as this manager. ā€œAnd we canā€™t take it anyway because itā€™s past 30 days.ā€

How does that make you feel, manager Karen? You saved the company a few bucks and you turned away a customer. So freakin petty! If they had just taken back the fountain like they assured me they would, even if I didnā€™t have a receipt (even if it wasnā€™t theirs! even if it was broken!*), Iā€™d probably spend more than the store credit and I would feel good about continuing my business there. (*It was theirs and it wasnā€™t broken. But thatā€™s what felt accusatory about their policy. Sometimes you take a loss on the sale to keep the customer!)

Thereā€™s only one or two items that I get at PFE that I canā€™t get better elsewhere. Iā€™m willing to drive to another PFE.

It just felt so accusatory. Like I was trying to cheat them and their $100 was worth turning me away. Probably for good. At least that location. A stupid hill for them to die on. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ’©
KAREN, I have never heard of PFE but in solidarity I will never shop at it, or at least this location, wherever it Is! You wasted this good fellowā€™s time, quality time away from his dear Betty White, who deserves better!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That sux. And yeah, whatever happened to "customer service"??? This kind of shoddy treatment often results in businesses lacking business. And we all know where THAT leads.
Hope you find another place to buy Betty's supplies, where they value you as a customer.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KAREN, I have never heard of PFE but in solidarity I will never shop at it, or at least this location, wherever it Is! You wasted this good fellowā€™s time, quality time away from his dear Betty White, who deserves better!
PFE are usually good people. They ask about your pets and are genuinely interested. I have talked the ear off many a PFE employee back when Krista was having her rough patches. They've never given me issues with returns before. I brought back a tree months after I purchased it, without a receipt, and they gave me credit without question. This location was convenient because it's on the way back from the taproom. But I only ever go there for supplies these days. Betty's food comes from VCA. And even if it didn't, I was still going to other indies because PFE is not independent enough (several locations across the state) to receive Rawz pates. I hate to burn that bridge over one employee. But I only need them for pee pads (their exclusive brand is the best and I've tried the rest!) and their unscented enzyme cleaner which never made Krista barf when other enzyme cleaners did. Both of which, fortunately, I have not had much of a need for with Betty.

An indie took back a case of Rawz after Krista passed even though I didn't have a receipt. The owner told me it was against policy, but that he would do it for me anyway. That's customer service. Even though they don't sell Betty's food, I still pop in there now and again and look for something to bring back for her; maybe a catnip banana.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PFE are usually good people. They ask about your pets and are genuinely interested. I have talked the ear off many a PFE employee back when Krista was having her rough patches. They've never given me issues with returns before. I brought back a tree months after I purchased it, without a receipt, and they gave me credit without question. This location was convenient because it's on the way back from the taproom. But I only ever go there for supplies these days. Betty's food comes from VCA. And even if it didn't, I was still going to other indies because PFE is not independent enough (several locations across the state) to receive Rawz pates. I hate to burn that bridge over one employee. But I only need them for pee pads (their exclusive brand is the best and I've tried the rest!) and their unscented enzyme cleaner which never made Krista barf when other enzyme cleaners did. Both of which, fortunately, I have not had much of a need for with Betty.

An indie took back a case of Rawz after Krista passed even though I didn't have a receipt. The owner told me it was against policy, but that he would do it for me anyway. That's customer service. Even though they don't sell Betty's food, I still pop in there now and again and look for something to bring back for her; maybe a catnip banana.
Yeah. That's what true customer service and customer loyalty are all about. The first gets the second. I'm far from wealthy, but I try to spend where it counts, at places I like, on quality merchandise, and where applicable, from friendly, knowledgeable people. If someone in a business is rude to me, I do NOT return. And I've been extremely loyal to businesses that treat me right. I also give them great reviews and recommend them to others. So it does really pay to be good to customers! *I can get that Yeoww! banana at many venues, after all.*;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iā€™m always a little nervous starting new cases of food with her. It was clear she wasnā€™t so thrilled with this last case. But she got through it just fine.

Started a new case tonight and I think Betty likes this one. šŸ·šŸ‘
94BD5E29-DEB3-4629-9244-793041020C00.jpeg 92CA1CCB-45A3-475E-9ECB-FDB0C59945FF.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iā€™m always a little nervous starting new cases of food with her. It was clear she wasnā€™t so thrilled with this last case. But she got through it just fine.

Started a new case tonight and I think Betty likes this one. šŸ·šŸ‘
View attachment 450113View attachment 450114
I wish Elvis' food dishes looked like this one more often!
Hmmm...waiting for the Sunday weigh-in...:insertevillaugh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish Elvis' food dishes looked like this one more often!
Hmmm...waiting for the Sunday weigh-in...:insertevillaugh:
I donā€™t think sheā€™s losing weight. But I donā€™t think sheā€™s going to gain either. I have to better track her Cosequin treats and ā€œcake frostingā€ to get a better idea of her calories. She doesnā€™t get starter strips on tweener meals anymore. But I still give her some of the remainder from her meds frosting as both starter and reward. I think her calories are still higher than I think they are.

Personally, I think she feels solid, not squishy, and not bony. But she does look a little robust when she goes belly up. Or as Iā€™m fond of pointing out, when sheā€™s sitting, sheā€™s more bean bag than bowling pin.

Itā€™s official. She adores this new case. Her ā€œovernightā€ portion went down at 8:30 and was promptly taken up before I finished with my teeth. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ· The last case, her overnight wouldnā€™t be finished until second pass around midnight.

Fortunately, sheā€™s such a polite cat. She wonā€™t make a case for her next meal until breakfast time. She will even rest in her carrier or her hut if sheā€™s hungry and Iā€™m still sleeping. Who trained this angel? Krista would have danced over me singing her wake up and feed me song at any hour of the night.

And here she is. She does this every night. She drapes across a shoulder and sleeps with her head on my chest. She may wake up and groom herself and groom my beard too. Or if I cough, sneeze, or otherwise fidget, she may reach a ā€œsettle downā€ paw across my chest. And at any time, she may decide sheā€™s not sleeping close enough to my face and press hers against mine. Good thing I got over my cat allergies two cats before her. šŸ˜½šŸ„°šŸ‘
E8D32376-9CF3-4669-8049-5CCFD615BFA0.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I donā€™t think sheā€™s losing weight. But I donā€™t think sheā€™s going to gain either. I have to better track her Cosequin treats and ā€œcake frostingā€ to get a better idea of her calories. She doesnā€™t get starter strips on tweener meals anymore. But I still give her some of the remainder from her meds frosting as both starter and reward. I think her calories are still higher than I think they are.

Personally, I think she feels solid, not squishy, and not bony. But she does look a little robust when she goes belly up. Or as Iā€™m fond of pointing out, when sheā€™s sitting, sheā€™s more bean bag than bowling pin.

Itā€™s official. She adores this new case. Her ā€œovernightā€ portion went down at 8:30 and was promptly taken up before I finished with my teeth. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ· The last case, her overnight wouldnā€™t be finished until second pass around midnight.

Fortunately, sheā€™s such a polite cat. She wonā€™t make a case for her next meal until breakfast time. She will even rest in her carrier or her hut if sheā€™s hungry and Iā€™m still sleeping. Who trained this angel? Krista would have danced over me singing her wake up and feed me song at any hour of the night.

And here she is. She does this every night. She drapes across a shoulder and sleeps with her head on my chest. She may wake up and groom herself and groom my beard too. Or if I cough, sneeze, or otherwise fidget, she may reach a ā€œsettle downā€ paw across my chest. And at any time, she may decide sheā€™s not sleeping close enough to my face and press hers against mine. Good thing I got over my cat allergies two cats before her. šŸ˜½šŸ„°šŸ‘
View attachment 450144
Yeah, the allergies gotta go! The benefits of cat companionship demand it.
So glad she's enjoying her new selection! How does the Cosequin seem to be working?
Solid is good. I like a little squishability, though, too. Elvis has/is both.
Yeah, you're fortunate Betty is so polite. Elvis usually bounds in, jumps up and walks around right before my wakeup time. He needs to be SURE. Not that he's always enthusiastic about his breakfast. But he NEEDS to know I'll be vertical before long.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stirred a little after 3am, looked at the phone, and told Betty, 90 more minutes. Like you know what that means. Then I went back to sleep until my alarm went off at 4:45am. True to form, I found Betty waiting for me to wake from inside her carrier.

We did a quick breakfast feed where she once again cleaned the plate. I felt a little sorry for her that she wouldnā€™t have anything left until almost noon. So I sneaked her a couple more grams from the can before the sink got its share and placed that plate back in its spot. She was appreciative when she woke again at 8am to see if there was anything left on her plate.

I just put down her lunch and once again, sheā€™s cleaned the plate. Iā€™d better get on with my day soon before she tries to sing for another portion.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stirred a little after 3am, looked at the phone, and told Betty, 90 more minutes. Like you know what that means. Then I went back to sleep until my alarm went off at 4:45am. True to form, I found Betty waiting for me to wake from inside her carrier.

We did a quick breakfast feed where she once again cleaned the plate. I felt a little sorry for her that she wouldnā€™t have anything left until almost noon. So I sneaked her a couple more grams from the can before the sink got its share and placed that plate back in its spot. She was appreciative when she woke again at 8am to see if there was anything left on her plate.

I just put down her lunch and once again, sheā€™s cleaned the plate. Iā€™d better get on with my day soon before she tries to sing for another portion.
Well, ya gotta. And those couple of grams? Ya gotta on those, too. :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob::agree: