I'm Unexpectedly Having To Move! (sorry, Long Post)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks jcat!

Ok guys, I'll try to check in later if I get time. I've got to go get myself together. My dad is coming over to take down a ceiling fan, then this afternoon I have a waxing client coming, (yay, that will be an extra $80.00! because it's back, stomach, brows & ears, LOL!) Then, I need to give that potential new client a call, & somewhere in the day, I need to get some more packing done!! :thud:
I just wanted to take the time this morning while I could & thank you all for your support, & reply to you. :) :grouphug:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
that landlord is going to come crawling back to you.

Good idea, take everything back that you bought in that place. Bring it back to bones! Added hardware to cabinets? take those back too. New faucets? Take it back. take it ALL back! (yes, I am mean like that).

Let him put the money into the place as you did.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Yep totally agree! Strip it down! Let him start from scratch. Then put that stuff up in new apartment.

I bet you can't wait to get away from that nasty landlord. I too would rent to you! It's obvious you are a mature and neat! Unlike some of the things I have seen on my outings. Our grandmothers always kept a clean house...but will say when one works tons of hours it is very hard to keep up.

Sammie will be fine...it will take a bit of adjustment but just think you won't have to deal with his baloney. I too wouldn't wait for him to evict you even though you could. Sometimes it's better to just cut these toxic people loose.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Draco & Foxycat! Yes, my dad took down the ceiling fan today, & we will also be taking a bathroom cabinet we put up.
Well, I didn't get a whole lot done today w/ having a client, but I did manage to get all the cook books on the corner bookshelf in the kitchen packed up, as well as the 2 big bowls I had on a shelf over there. I also took down the picture over the was he & dryer, & another one in there, as well as some pictures from the living room walls. Not too bad. Now, I am going to eat some dinner & relax!
Back to work tomorrow, I have my most challenging house. But I get to see my fur buddies there, a big sweet English cream golden retriever, & an orange & white tabby! :)

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I told Kelly that being forced to move is a blessing in disguise. She won't be under the thumb of that inbred landlord of hers, and she'll have some financial breathing room to pay off her bills. She is fortunate she has family she can live with. I told her in a text that sometimes God will push us out of a situation we've become too comfortable in, because there is something better for us. Being able to care for her mom occurred to me, too.

I live in Los Angeles County, where rent is beyond ridiculous. A room for rent in my area used to be $450 per month. Now it's $600, with a security deposit of the same amount, plus having to pay for a portion of the utilities. You may or may not kitchen privileges. All this for a room! Apartment rent is about $1,200 for a one bedroom, $1,600 for two. Pasadena, the city you see every January 1 during the Rose Parade, is 20 miles west of me. It has the dubious distinction of having the highest rent in eastern Los Angeles County: $1,900 to $2,000 for a one bedroom apartment; $2,300 for a two-bedroom. No wonder we have so many homeless people.

It's too bad Kelly's departed ginger boy Angel couldn't come back for a day, and pee on the landlord's bed, couch, recliner, etc. -- a parting gift for the lousy way this guy has treated Angel's mommy!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Margret Margret I didn't know that. Do you mean we need to double space after the quote so our post won't be in the quote?
When you "Insert Quotes" you'll see the message you're quoting, but just before it you'll see:
  • Left bracket
  • QUOTE="username, post: number, member: number"
  • Right bracket
That's at the beginning of the quote. At the end you'll see:
  • Left bracket
  • /QUOTE
  • Right bracket
Your cursor should be just after that final right bracket. You can start your response there, or, as I generally do, start it on the next line, or press return twice to put a blank line between the quote and your message.

If you want to respond to several things in the original message, and are therefore responding inside the quote to make it obvious what you're responding to, the way to do it without putting your response inside the quote is to divide it up into several quotes. To do this you highlight the first bit you want to quote, which will give you a pop-up menu with the option to Quote or Reply - Tell it Quote, then highlight the next area and continue as above. This will give you several smaller quotes to reply to. Just make sure that each reply comes after an EndQuote and before the next BeginQuote. If you're uncertain whether you've gotten it right, click on MORE OPTIONS... at the bottom of the reply window and select PREVIEW...

:hijack:, and I apologize.

Margret

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kelly, every single item that you've put into that house? Take it out. All of it. If you can (make sure you won't get in trouble for removing faucets and the like). You spent money and time. You won't get your time back, but take everything you can possibly take. I really feel for you. You simply do not deserve this.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I told Kelly that being forced to move is a blessing in disguise. She won't be under the thumb of that inbred landlord of hers, and she'll have some financial breathing room to pay off her bills. She is fortunate she has family she can live with. I told her in a text that sometimes God will push us out of a situation we've become too comfortable in, because there is something better for us. Being able to care for her mom occurred to me, too.

I live in Los Angeles County, where rent is beyond ridiculous. A room for rent in my area used to be $450 per month. Now it's $600, with a security deposit of the same amount, plus having to pay for a portion of the utilities. You may or may not kitchen privileges. All this for a room! Apartment rent is about $1,200 for a one bedroom, $1,600 for two. Pasadena, the city you see every January 1 during the Rose Parade, is 20 miles west of me. It has the dubious distinction of having the highest rent in eastern Los Angeles County: $1,900 to $2,000 for a one bedroom apartment; $2,300 for a two-bedroom. No wonder we have so many homeless people.

It's too bad Kelly's departed ginger boy Angel couldn't come back for a day, and pee on the landlord's bed, couch, recliner, etc. -- a parting gift for the lousy way this guy has treated Angel's mommy!
:thud:
Kelly, every single item that you've put into that house? Take it out. All of it. If you can (make sure you won't get in trouble for removing faucets and the like). You spent money and time. You won't get your time back, but take everything you can possibly take. I really feel for you. You simply do not deserve this.
Agree. Even if that :cloudy::censored: gave rent credit for things you updated he certainty did not compensate you for your time

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. Yeah, there really aren't any fixtures that I put in & can take out. The bathroom faucet needed to be replaced some yrs ago, so I picked that out, but he did pay for it. Anything small& inexpensive like a new toilet seat, I never took out of rent, because he kept it so low, & I wanted it to stay that way. Trust me, had I replaced anything expensive, I would have asked for compensation.
I'm off to work now, looking forward to seeing my fur boys!
IMG_20171212_111814713.jpg

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry this happened to you Kelly. What a creep. You kept the apartment looking beautiful! It's his loss. Maybe you will have a nice, relaxing time staying with your parents. I've had to have roommates over the years too, and while I'd rather live alone, it is nice to have somebody to cook and watch movies with. It's also great going halfsies on everything, it makes it so much more affordable. I'm glad your friend is a cat lover. I wish you & Sammie all the best. :redheartpump:

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why stop at the toilet seat, Draco? Kelly should take the entire toilet! And the tub, too, since Mr. Inbred Landlord has to take it out anyway to find the source of the purported leak. Kelly's dad, who was a plumber, already told him what to do, but the landlord didn't listen.

The dripping water is probably the landlord's brain coming out of his ears -- what little he has, anyway.

We'll be nice, and leave the bathroom sink for him.

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry this happened to you Kelly. What a creep. You kept the apartment looking beautiful! It's his loss. Maybe you will have a nice, relaxing time staying with your parents. I've had to have roommates over the years too, and while I'd rather live alone, it is nice to have somebody to cook and watch movies with. It's also great going halfsies on everything, it makes it so much more affordable. I'm glad your friend is a cat lover. I wish you & Sammie all the best. :redheartpump:
I told Kelly the next occupant of her former apartment will be The Tenant From Hell. It's called karma.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I told Kelly the next occupant of her former apartment will be The Tenant From Hell. It's called karma.
Hmmm. I've had the house guests from hell; wonder whether I could send them over? :think: No, don't know how I'd persuade them that they want to move to North Carolina. Drat! It really would be nice to get them out of Colorado...

Margret

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still doing a lot of packing. I packed 5 boxes the other day, took yesterday off since I cleaned 2 places, but back at it today, another 5 boxes, then took them to storage w/ my dad. I've got more for good will, so will be putting that box together tomorrow, & maybe do a few more boxes. Then, I'm going to try & take some of the weekend off!
I need a break! I've got my hair appt Saturday afternoon, & a friend is coming in town to visit his parents for the weekend, so I get to go out for a much needed dinner & drinks!!

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm still doing a lot of packing. I packed 5 boxes the other day, took yesterday off since I cleaned 2 places, but back at it today, another 5 boxes, then took them to storage w/ my dad. I've got more for good will, so will be putting that box together tomorrow, & maybe do a few more boxes. Then, I'm going to try & take some of the weekend off!
I need a break! I've got my hair appt Saturday afternoon, & a friend is coming in town to visit his parents for the weekend, so I get to go out for a much needed dinner & drinks!!
Especially drinks. Enjoy that bottle of Lambrusco by yourself. You deserve it. After drinking all that, you definitely won't be packing boxes this weekend!